Raw 11/04/11 Discussion

Cobra1000

So Raw, a really upsetting Raw, not only because Edge retired but because of R-Truth. Not only did he pin Dolph Ziggler AND John Morrison cleanly. He is in the fucking main event at Extreme Rules!!! Shit.

Sin Cara and Primo botched the finish, but i'm sure it won't matter in the long run, Sin Cara is very exciting.

APPLE was hilarious, Santino is a hilarious man, but Heath Slater getting the win is upsetting too. I really wish Wade Barrett was the only member of the Corre who talked.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JR going nuts on the Cole Mine was quality.

A very emotional promo from Edge and unfortunately the end of a terrific career.

They didn't let the trampoline creep into view this time during Cara's entrance. A nice little match, I think that the finish was good enough to overshadow the previous slip-up. I've never seen anybody get so much hang-time when they're in the air than I have when watching Sin Cara.

A nice little highlight video of the Taker/Hunter match. Anybody who thinks that their match didn't tell a story should watch this highlight package.

Mason Ryan looked like a fucking monster destroying Orton.

I didn't know what to think of R-Truth making into the main event of ER. I just kept expecting him to get pinned. Hopefully he won't be used as anything more than a prop whilst the big boys do their work at Extreme Rules.

Cole was awesome during Lawler and Swagger's match. JR was giving it a nice old-school feeling, telling Lawler to get to the ropes and to watch out for the ankle. I can't believe that JR's going to be in a match at Extreme Rules! Seriously, it's not sank in yet.

EDIT - Miz, cheers for the shout out. You actually said "Super Cena" whilst you were on commentary. :thumbsup:

R-Truth coming out of nowhere to be in the main event is a great example of WWE's stop/start pushing of people. I made a post saying it's fair enough to push someone for a bit then simmer down and back up but this is ridiculous! He did jack all the chamber and hadn't done anything before that for months, then he's done sod all since (has he been injured?) and now they suddenly have him beat Ziggler/Morrison and then stand strong against Cena. It's just so random and hard for me to buy into as a fan, there was a time when he was on the up where this wouldn't have looked odd but it's been so long since he did anything that it's weird. I can think of half a dozen or more that could have been in his role and not looked as out of place as he does. Really bizzare viewing it was. As an aside I don't hate him as much as some do, but I certainly don't want him main eventing :laugh: and to think most thought he'd have his cards this month.

Sin Cara/Primo was a great little debut match and reminded me of Rey's debut. Primo getting in some offence works so much better than having a squash when Sin Cara is the size he is and with the moveset he has. All the rest was pretty good and i've covered Edge in another thread.

Enjoyed Sin Cara vs. Primo. I've always been a fan of Primo's wrestling and i'd love to see him take his brother's old gimmick and put it to some use.

Edge's promo was one of the saddest ever, he's had a great career. Does anyone know if this has anything to do with the WWE's wellness programme? I know all the guy's have to do physical's nowadays, and is this like the Daniel Bryan health issue before he was signed where you have to get a clean bill of health to compete?

Last thought from Raw, Awesome Kong's vignette video was tremendous.

• Paid Members

Sin Cara is good, but my feeling is he won't be around very long. Maybe a year or two. He sells merch, but he (or his opponent) can't do the moves right and botches every match or encounter, and he can't speak a word of english. Unless he gets a manager or something, there's only so far he'll get pointing at people.

Sin Cara is good, but my feeling is he won't be around very long. Maybe a year or two. He sells merch, but he (or his opponent) can't do the moves right and botches every match or encounter, and he can't speak a word of english. Unless he gets a manager or something, there's only so far he'll get pointing at people.

They should give Konnan a call and completley rip off the LAX circa 2006 gimmick. Del Rio and a heel Sin Cara would be an ace team with Del Rio and Konnan's mic skills and Del Rio and Cara's in-ring abilities. With Rodriguez as their ring announcer as well I think that it'd be quality.

After a year or so, they could turn Cara face which could in turn give his character some more depth.

R Truth has no place near a main event, even if its a 6 man thing like the Chamber. Orton, Punk, Sheamus, Ziggler, Morrison (disregarding political issues) and Daniel Bryan all deserve the spot more than he does. Hell, stick Great Khali in there. At least he's more of a credible threat due to his size. Does anyone actually believe Truth is going to win at Extreme Rules?

In other news, Mason Ryan looks like a wellness policy violation waiting to happen. He is truly enormous. Wasted in the Nexus though, he'd be great for a push as the token monstrous unstoppable heel. Although, not so unstoppable he gets the world title. That'd be stupid.

The first hour was awful, the opening segment, the divas match, the backstage segment, the shit jokes about apples (what the fuck was that all about?), everything. Luckily the second hour picked up and the main event was very enjoyable, The Miz was great on commentary and Cena looked good in the ring. I'm surprised that Edge is gone now, it's for the best though, we don't want him in a wheelchair for the rest of his life like the Dynamite Kid. Hopefully Christian will get his main babyface spot on Smackdown until the draft, and I guess we will see where he goes from there. I almost forgot about the Sin Cara match, I thought the crowd were dead silent throughout it, and he didn't impress me other than his finisher, which Primo ruined. I am looking forward to Primo getting kicked out in a few weeks, it's well deserved and he's as crap as ever.

• Paid Members

Well, I bet R-Truth's grinning like a fucking chesire cat.

Anyway, I enjoyed Raw this week. Sin Cara vs Primo was fun, albeit I agree with Triple A, there's only so long he'll be able to make that schtick work if he wants to have a long career in the WWE. Rey Mysterio to his credit has managed to do this, so I see no reason why Sin Cara can't do well for himself. Kudos to Primo for making him look like a million bucks as well.

Good to see The Corre getting a bit of mike time this week and trying to establish some individual personalities within the group. Speaking of stables...NEW NEXUS LIVES!!! Mason Ryan looked like an absolute monster taking out Orton at the end there. And what's more, they didn't even need CM Punk by their side. No doubt they'll wind up getting shafted again as time goes on, but for now it's good to see that WWE haven't totally given up on them for the time being. Or at least everyone except Husky Harris.

Truth in the main event is rather perplexing, but to his credit I actually enjoyed his main event showing this week. The only problem is I just don't buy for a second that he has even the remotest chance of actually winning the WWE title at Extreme Rules. Still, it'll be interesting to see where they actually go with the new direction at the PPV.

I've already spoken about Edge in the other thread, but good luck to him and all the best for whatever he decides to do next. It looks as if they'll go with Del Rio vs Christian for the vacant title at the PPV now and you'll get no complaints from me about that. For all the talk of some guys facing each too many times, I think Del Rio and Christian have pretty good chemistry and a ladder match between those two promises to be quite the match.

• Paid Members

Anyone else think Truth is in the main event purely to be the one to be beaten by Cena? That way Miz can play on the whole "I never lost the title" angle.

It's the only explanation I can think for the guy being there, as even as a midcarder he's wrestling above his station.

Archived