Raw 11/04/11 Discussion

Cobra1000

Strange Punk didn't make the show at all, he better be there next week or i'm demanding a refund...

Erm, R-Truth in the Extreme Rules main event, a show which is now almost guaranteed to see a Del Rio coronation? ...no, not for me thanks.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Sin Cara vs Primo was as good as it could have been. Possibly, should have been. When I saw it was Cara vs Primo I expected far more than they delivered. A couple of nice spots, Cara's bump from the apron to the outside looked cool. However it seems like WWE think if they throw in a couple of headscissors then its a 'Lucha match'. Nothing really exciting at all.

Not to mention the finish? Primo slipped, fair enough, Cara tried to salvage it by bumping to the outside but rather than sell the fact he'd fallen he got up and re-did the spot. It screamed Pre Taped Smackdown. Not good for your first match, especially when you're being hotly tipped as one of the most exciting guys on the roster. I absolutely detest the re-do finish mentality of the WWE, and considering this was Sin Cara's first match its obviously been drilled into him already. WWE should give some leeway when it comes to improvisation, doubly frustrating because Cara improvised during the run in on Sheamus with the cross body not the twisting splash.

Edge retiring is good news for me, he's reached his peak. Arguably he reached it a year or two ago. He's not been the same since his Achilles injury and despite his character being strong as ever, his in ring performances have suffered. I'd rather see him go out on top than what could happen.

Santino is still hilarious but The Corre, despite holding the IC and Tag belts seem like a bunch of jobbers going up against Jobber Inc. Four guys, doing nothing lining up on stage. Fun match but the APPLE thing was horrible.

Brie winning the Divas title was a nice shock, since the Bellas turned heel they've been interesting, more than they've been since forever.

Kongs promo was EXACTLY how I'd imagine her vignettes going. Playing the 'Anti Diva' should make for some good TV and something VERY different in that division.

R-Truth in the Main Event though? If they think throwing someone new in the mix hides the fact its a WrestleMania re-match then they're idiots. Not only does R-Truth suck in every possible way, the only 'fresh' thing it offers is a R-Truth heel turn that they've been teasing since last year...no-one cares.

Is it on Sky Sports or Box Office? If its Sky Sports then I won't feel so cheated.

The potential of Christian vs Del Rio for the World Title MIGHT make up for the fact R-Truth is in the WWE title match however. They really need to load this card with some interesting gimmick matches. JR & King vs Cole & Swagger doesn't sound so appealing either, especially when this should have ended flat out at Mania with a Piledriver or something like that.

We'll probably end up seeing some kind of Handicap match with Nexus vs Orton, making the Punk/Orton feud go on another month.

Other random irritants;

Sin Cara continues to leave me completely cold, even more so after that match. That match showed nothing, apart from a good grasp of gymnastics. He's going to turn to one of them guys that I learn to hate very, very quickly.

Also, I think Daniel Bryan is staring down the barrel of future endeavours. Shame.

Weird that Sheamus wasn't on the show.

King looks like a prick for choosing that match, I think. I don't buy that he wouldn't just demand a steel cage match to stop any outside interference. Considering I doubt they're turning Swagger any time soon, this could easily turn into a double cross.

Is Triple H fucking off for a bit now, aswell?

An Extreme Rules card of Miz/Cena/R-Truth; Cole/Swagger vs. Jr/King and Christian/Del Rio sounds absolutely, absolutely shite.

• Paid Members

R-Truth main eventing - what a lot of shite. The guy is a midcarder, leave him there.

I thought Dolph Ziggler was great on the mic when he got his time to shine.

I agree that Daniel Bryans future isn't looking too great. Shame as he was getting over until they gave him that awful virgin/vegan storyline.

Edge made me a bit sad. Great speech and he got a nice ovation.

Mason Ryan is a fucking beast AND he's using the Powerbomb. Woof!

No CM Punk/Sheamus/Triple H is a weird one.

Sin Cara will get over as an upper midcard guy with his schtick but needs to show a lot more to be the draw WWE want him to be. Doing a bunch of flippy moves and pointing will get a bit boring after a couple of months. Nice of Primo to fuck up the original finish - can see him getting the punt soon anyway.

Decent Raw, I enjoyed it more than last weeks show.

They'd be fucking bonkers to release Primo.

He's one of those guys who you can technically file under 'jobber' but is good enough to make himself look credible in that role, and in doing that making his opponent look even more credible in victory. Too many jobbers are happy to look like jobbers, which does nothing for them and nothing for the guys they're putting over.

• Paid Members
They'd be fucking bonkers to release Primo.

He's one of those guys who you can technically file under 'jobber' but is good enough to make himself look credible in that role, and in doing that making his opponent look even more credible in victory. Too many jobbers are happy to look like jobbers, which does nothing for them and nothing for the guys they're putting over.

I agree but WWE now have Daniel Bryan to fill that role.

Quite a decent Raw this week. Glad that the Corre got a good show in, all guys came across as looking like decent competitors. I think the Nexus return was great, forgot about it at the end due to the Edge announcement, but it served a great purpose and didn't overexpose Punk which makes rivalries these days get a little longwinded, especially once they run over a couple of pay per views. As for R-Truth, atleast a little heel turn once he gets pinned gives Cena a little programme for the summer.

Well so much for R-Truth being one of the favourites to be future endeavoured post-Wrestlemania! :laugh: If the WWE booking have any sense, they should link him to Cena with the backstage segments he had last Autumn when Cena was in the Nexus. It seems certain that R-Truth will take the fall, the only question is will it be from Cena or the Miz?

The stipulation that Jerry Lawler chose was a bit weak IMO, I was hoping for a steel cage match or something which would see Lawler get the chance to beat seven shades of shit out of Cole. The tag team match doesn't cut it for me.

Brie Bella new Divas champion? I'll take it, despite a short match I thought it went as well as could be expected. It should be interesting how Nikki gets involved in this run, wherever they play the switcheroo often or jealously takes over.

Awesome Kong segment looked good. Seems strange though that the WWE seem to be giving these vigentees to a female wrestler so she's obviously in line for a decent push for when she comes on screen.

Sin Cara/Primo match was decent enough even with the botch near the end. If Sin Cara isn't able to cut promos in English, sooner rather than later he's gonna need a mouthpiece. Chavo Guerrero anyone?

The gauntlet for the #1 WWE Championship contender was pretty easy to guess the eventual outcome once the Miz & Reily did the double DQ. John Morrison must be pissing someone off high up backstage to be the only one pinned by the wrestler who got the previous fall and the amount of burying the Miz was giving him on commentary.

Finally, sad to see Edge having to announce his retirement but its obviously for the best for him that he can still be healthy in the years to come, get out now and consider something else even if its a non-physical role. I just hope that he does a Shawn Michaels and hold up the retirement rather than let emotion or instinct get the better of him rather than a Ric Flair. At least Edge went out on a high.

• Paid Members
I agree that Daniel Bryans future isn't looking too great. Shame as he was getting over until they gave him that awful virgin/vegan storyline.

I think it's far too soon to say that. I expect him to move to Smackdown in the draft, and we'll see what happens after that. I think he'd have been an interesting guy to use in R-Truth's place in the main event. He originally beat Miz for the US title, so would have instant justification for going after a title shot. On of this you could have the angle of Bryan being Miz's former NXT rookie. I suspect they're planning on turning R-Truth heel, but I think Bryan's by far the better candidate for such a turn.

Archived