Raw 11/04/11 Discussion

Cobra1000

In fairness they used to have a big fat white heel called King Kong Bundy.

Out of interest, was Kong called 'Kong' before TNA? She's a bit of a non-entity for the majority of the WWE audience, so I can't imagine it'd be that much of a problem to come up with a new name for her if they felt racism was an issue - though knowing Vince it would end up being something even more stereotypically racist like 'Big Momma Brown'.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regarding one of the Bella Twins winning the Divas Title. Does anyone else think this is just so they can quickly get the Title to Gail Kim so she can feud with Kong right off the bat?

Possibly, but they could have just done a battle royal or a four way match (Eve, Bella Twins, Gail Kim) at Extreme Rules and have her win it there. Kong could have then destroyed all 4 after the match.

Also I reckon we will get a good month of Kong interrupting Divas matches and destroying everyone before she does anything serious with the belt.

Thinking about it, I could see the Bellas being scared of Kong when she arrives and then just giving her the championship so they don't have to face her.

• Paid Members
Out of interest, was Kong called 'Kong' before TNA?

Yes, she was Amazing Kong for years in Japan.

Yep, and IIRC, it was so she could team up with the half-black, half-Japanese Aja Kong, who's been referred to by JR on WWE TV before, I think.

• Paid Members
Out of interest, was Kong called 'Kong' before TNA?

Yes, she was Amazing Kong for years in Japan.

Yep, and IIRC, it was so she could team up with the half-black, half-Japanese Aja Kong, who's been referred to by JR on WWE TV before, I think.

She was the sole survivor in the womens match at Survivor series 95.

• Paid Members
Anyone sense a little heelishness about Cena? After his wise cracking opening, he seemed a little aggravated. Then he took R-Truth apart with power moves, got tetchy with the ref and then took the whole back slapping thing way too far. Maybe just me reading too much in to it.

I saw it too but not so much in his promo but more so in the main event. When he came down he seemed to be looking through R-Truth and expecting an easy victory against an exhausted competitor; he then proceeded to casually go in and hit power moves, including a few I don't re-call seeing in his face run, and go for pins expecting one or two moves to get the job done. And then he started questioning the refs counts and seemed to be gradually getting more annoyed. The back slapping at the end was really well done and actually made me want to see R-Truth's involvement in the triple threat which surprised me as he's not my most favourite guy, but at least it's something fresh.

At the PPV, I can actually see Truth break up the STFU on Miz, only for Cena to argue with him for it (after all, in Cena's mind, R-Truth is getting in the way of Rock-Cena for the title) allowing Miz time to chuck Cena out of the ring and steal one from Truth. Cena and Truth could even have a shoving match after the match. This would usher in a period of Cena nearly getting the title only to be denied time after time resulting in him getting more frustrated until he finally snaps and does something extremely heelish to finally get the title [maybe stealing the MITB briefcase from a face and cashing it in]

Archived