Book Big Show constructively

Sexy Dad

The Big Show is one of WWE's veterans and has been with the company almost twelve years besides his break between losing the ECW Championship and fighting Mayweather at Mania 24. Depsite the guy becoming a novelty act I think he does still have something to offer. So I created this topic to see how you guys would book Big Show over the rest of the year in a way which would benefit his co-workers.

Present - I'd have Kane and Big Show challenging the Corre for the tag titles but not capture them due to Corre interference.

May-June - Feud with Wade Barrett, I'd have these two have a few matches with Barrett leaving the feud with the big win and his Intercontinental Championship so Wade gets the win over a big name.

July-August - Feud with Sheamus. Last year at Bragging Rights these two got counted out whilst brawling during the 7-7 match. I actually thought this would be a good prospect for Sheamus and I think these two could do a lot for each other as they are considered to be legit threats (Sheamus is getting that way again) and I think they'd have some decent big man matches. I'd have Sheamus win the feud with a crafty win, maybe with a pipe in the way he utilised it against Triple H last year.

August - October - Big Show gets frustrated with losing and needs to find the aggressive streak again which his current opponents have possessed to make it to the top. Thus, begins Big Show domination getting some good dominating wins against the likes of Yoshi, Trent Barretta and then an extended squash against Kofi or somebody of his callibre which adds more credibility to the aggressive streak of the Big Show. By the time Bragging Rights comes round; Big Show leads his brand and gets a good win for his team.

November-December - Big Show builds a multibrand big man team for Survivor Series but gets trumped by the current up and comer. For the sake of my own personal preferance I'd like the guy who gets the win on Big Show to be Daniel Bryan. After Survivor Series I'd continue Big Show's squash fest.

January - March - Daniel Bryan eliminates Big Show from the Rumble. Thus creating Big Show to go nuts and destroy Daniel Bryan the next night. With gradual build and Bryan promo's of 'how he can and will overcome any man of any size to make his mark in this business' Bryan could challenge Show to a match at Wrestlemania. Bryan getting the win on the grandstage would be a great win against a man who could now be considered a genuine big nasty bastard once again.

Sure, WWE are currently enjoying the big friendly show who can punch people when he's not joking around with Santino and co but I think they'd benefit more from a midcard/upper level heel as he has too much of a ropey history to be the face that WWE are lacking at the moment. The fans wont buy into him in the same way as Cena or Orton as we've seen him switch and do the job when the title is involved too many times. As for the Bryan involvement, I'd really be eating my words if he got released for some unknown reason when the cuts come around but if he were to be replaced with Morrison, Kofi or Christian I feel it would still have the same impact in elevating a member of the roster to mainevent status with a win over the 'largest athlete in the world'.

Thoughts?

• Paid Members

Bring back his Fun Time Frankie gimmick, that he did post WrestleMania 2000. Anytime a freak like him gets to dress in funny clothes, its hilarious. People talk about The Rock getting this big Hollywood career off the back of his appearance on Saturday Night Live, but Big Show stole the show. He was great on it. So much so they gave him this mental gimmick, where he dressed up like Val Venis and The Godfather.

Have some heel manager tell him some home truths - he's one of the biggest wrestlers of all time, yet when did he last hold the world title? what's he really done since Mayweather knocked him out? Turn him into a massive unstoppable kille, squash a bunch of NXT/Superstars/Tough Enough no-names en route to taking the world title at summerslam or Survivor Series. Whoever beats him for it needs to be someone who needs a big time win for a credible championship run. Somebody like Ziggler, Del Rio or Swagger for example. Although they're all heels too... clearly I haven't thought this through thoroughly.

Book him as a 911-type character. The original was a brilliant, effective way of writing out a character that was in absolutely no danger of getting over or was dying on its arse, so why not just have Show come out, chokeslam the fuck out of a failing character, then bring the wrestler back with a new gimmick?

• Paid Members
Have some heel manager tell him some home truths

Not more home truths. Last time that happened, this is how it ended:

hqdefault.jpg

"HEY PAUL WIGHT, YOUR A NASTY BASTARD, AND YA MAMA SAID SO!"

God bless the Big Boss Man. He has to come back next year and win the Rumble, it's his destiny.

• Paid Members
Have some heel manager tell him some home truths

Not more home truths. Last time that happened, this is how it ended:

hqdefault.jpg

"HEY PAUL WIGHT, YOUR A NASTY BASTARD, AND YA MAMA SAID SO!"

God bless the Big Boss Man. He has to come back next year and win the Rumble, it's his destiny.

Serving hard times from beyond the grave.

• Paid Members
Book him as a 911-type character. The original was a brilliant, effective way of writing out a character that was in absolutely no danger of getting over or was dying on its arse, so why not just have Show come out, chokeslam the fuck out of a failing character, then bring the wrestler back with a new gimmick?

Because Big Show is a trillion times more talented than 911 and can actually do more than chokeslam someone.

Alright there,1st time poster,yada yada yada.

Big Show should be booked as unstoppable. Feud with Corre for the tag belts with Kane but ultimatley come up short due to Kane keep getting pinned. Have him swtich on Kane, beating him brutally and writing him out for a few weeks/months. Then the next night get him to interfere in a triple threat match and destroy all 3 competitors,then grab a mic and go on about how hes the biggest and baddest guy in the back and theres nobody there who can stop him and that hes going to keep on doing this until he gets a title shot. Have him interfere on Raw too doing the same sort of thing,interupting matches and destorying who evers involved. Until eventually HHH comes out go`s toe to toe with Show. This leads up to Extreme Rules where Show beats Hunter in a brutal number one contenders last man standing match. I havent thought the rest out yet properly, but surley theres a way in this to get the belt off Miz and onto Orton and then they can have a months build to a cage match or something for the belt. Ethier way just use him as an unstopable heel monster.

I think they should simply do the opposite of anything they have planned for him in the next 12 months!

Firstly Big Show is one of the worst names in wrestling, giving him a punch as a finisher is lazy and always finding him something to do that keeps him out of the main event picture is really dumb. Also not having him swat that little boxer guy like a gnat was just plain silly- he should have snapped him in two in about 8 seconds and everything would have gone really quiet :)

He has charisma, wrestling ability and he's an actual giant- Why is he not booked an unstoppable, holding all the belts and treated like they did with Andre the Giant?

He should be in matches with the likes of the Undertaker at WM not wearing a nappy in a sumo match, boxing with midgets, or lost in a tag match he should be booked to win on his own???

He has charisma, wrestling ability and he's an actual giant- Why is he not booked an unstoppable, holding all the belts and treated like they did with Andre the Giant?

Because Andre's all-the-belts title reign was an absolute failure. It drew about seven people to the Your Imagination Arena.

Big Show doesn't have all the belts perpetually because it'd be fucking stupid and boring.

He should be in matches with the likes of the Undertaker at WM not wearing a nappy in a sumo match, boxing with midgets, or lost in a tag match he should be booked to win on his own???

He has had a match with Undertaker at WrestleMania.

• Paid Members
Showkishi from Insurrexion 2000 was my favourite of the lot, the pop he got as Hogan at a pay per view against Angle in early 2000 deserves a mention too, brilliant.

"The Showster." Backlash 2000 I think as it was the first WWF pay-per-view I saw.

Archived