My Best Film?

M-Dudz

An actor who doesn't seem to have done anything that noteworthy in a few years but has clocked up some real classics in his time. He may not spring to mind as The Greatest Actor That Ever Lived, but few can doubt some of the seriously good roles he has played.

Comedies, dramas, thrillers has secured him an Academy Award, five Grammys, two Emmys, four Golden Globes and two Screen Actors Guild Awards. But what is Robin Williams best remembered for with you?

As a reminder, here is a list of just some of his films:

Good Will Hunting, Out Of Africa, Patch Adams, Moscow On The Hudson, Good Morning Vietnam, The Birdcage,

Dead Poets Soceity, Awakenings, One Hour Photo, The Fisher King, Hook, Mrs Doubtfire, Jumanji, Nine Months

His awesome comedic performance in Mrs. Doubtfire will always be a favourite of mine as will his creepy appearance in One Hour Photo. GMV will probably be a first pick for man, but surely few can doubt his work in Dead Poets Soceity, can they?

What's your favourite?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

One hour photo is a great film and he plays the dark evil man as good as he plays funny doctor in Patch Adams and Mrs Doubtfire is good. My favourite will always be The World According to Garp I think it is a cracking film and easily one of his best.

A three way toss up for me between Mrs Doubtfire for sheer comedy value, Good Morning Vietnam for his screwball DJ and The Dead Poet's Society for seeing him do something more serious for a change.

Honourable mention goes to his voice work as the Genie in the original Aladdin Disney film.

• Paid Members

World's Greatst Dad & Popeye. Popeye doesn't get enough love. It was a great film, despite being critically panned and commercially bad. Sure it was rough around the edges, but is was nowhere near as bad as everyone remembers. I saw this in a double bill with Condorman at the Raymar cinema. Great memories right there.

• Paid Members

World's Greatest Dad is a real hidden gem that more people should watch. I recommend anyone who is planning on checking it out to go in blind, that way you're sure to enjoy it a lot more.

• Paid Members
World's Greatest Dad is a real hidden gem that more people should watch. I recommend anyone who is planning on checking it out to go in blind, that way you're sure to enjoy it a lot more.

As in watch it with your eyes closed or don't read any reviews?

• Paid Members

yeh kind of. the movie takes a big sweve and goes in a different direction...personally, i knew what was going to happen (i think it states it on the dvd cover too) and it didn't harm my enjoyment of it, but not knowing at all would be even better.

It's a brilliant little film, check it out.

I need to watch more Robin Williams, i aint got much time for his family comedies but they have their audience, but when he gets down to doing something serious Williams is awesome.

Archived