My Best Film?

M-Dudz

• Paid Members
World's Greatest Dad is a real hidden gem that more people should watch. I recommend anyone who is planning on checking it out to go in blind, that way you're sure to enjoy it a lot more.

As in watch it with your eyes closed or don't read any reviews?

Took the advice of someone in the movies thread and watched this without reading up on it. Great little film, this. Half an hour in, I thought I had an idea of where it was going and what kind of movie it was going to turn out to be. Fuck me, I was wrong.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
World's Greatest Dad is a real hidden gem that more people should watch. I recommend anyone who is planning on checking it out to go in blind, that way you're sure to enjoy it a lot more.

As in watch it with your eyes closed or don't read any reviews?

Took the advice of someone in the movies thread and watched this without reading up on it. Great little film, this. Half an hour in, I thought I had an idea of where it was going and what kind of movie it was going to turn out to be. Fuck me, I was wrong.

I notice you didn't comment on Bill Hick's amazing contribution to this thread.

Not really a fan of Robin Williams at all, he's been in so many stinkers. But I thought he put a lot of effort into One Hour Photo and Insomnia before he gave up on acting.

Realistically, Good Morning Vietnam is the only film of his that I genuinely like, so I choose that.

• Paid Members

I hate him. I think, mostly, because when he's not picking horribly mawkish shitty films and behaving like a totally unfunny manic wanker he's actually a fine actor. As far as I'm concerned, he's piddled away most of his career on total bollocks and not enough quality like Good Morning Vietnam or Insomnia.

• Paid Members

I absolutely adore the film "Jack". I love the story, the connection he has with the rest of the cast and the way he protrays a 10 year old. Found the scene where he asks out Jennifer Lopez highly disturbing though. Maybe it was meant to make me feel that way seeing as he essentially has a Heart Attack after she says no.

Also Bill Cosby is in it!

Aladdin, The Fisher King, Good Morning Vietnam, One Hour Photo and Dead Poet's Society are all personal favorites and so hard to choose. Gonna pick Aladdin though, he steals the show. I love Robin Williams, I know he gets a lot of stick, but he is fantastic and he reminds me of my childhood considering I watched a hell of a lot of his films..

Jack is one of the strangest films ever.

Archived