Wrestlemania betting available

The Chiefdog

• Paid Members
Didn't William Hill do it in this country once?

Powerslam said a few years ago in Q&A that William Hill had one for who would win the 2001 Royal Rumble, and for who would leave 2001 the WWF Champion.

I remember that! Jericho (who was the champ at the years end of 2001) wasn't even mentioned in the Q&A write-up, so his odds must have been long.

Why would the champion be in the Royal Rumble?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Powerslam said a few years ago in Q&A that William Hill had one for who would win the 2001 Royal Rumble, and for who would leave 2001 the WWF Champion.

I remember that! Jericho (who was the champ at the years end of 2001) wasn't even mentioned in the Q&A write-up, so his odds must have been long.

Not saying that he was, but the Champion could win the Rumble for the right to pick his WM opponent, putting the whole card on notice to win everything for a month or so before the Champ makes his decision at the February PPV; a prize role for a strong heel champion that would take the focus off the GM bullshit and encourage old-school good-hearted villainy and heroism.

Which is why it probably won't happen.

I think what they mean is, who would be the champion at the end of 2001, not the Royal Rumble itself.

• Paid Members

I think what they mean is, who would be the champion at the end of 2001, not the Royal Rumble itself.

Duh, of course. Soz Baz!

I think they changed the result of a match so that Randy Orton won instead of Triple H at one Wrestlemania because the text poll said something like 98% of people thought Tips would wins so they changed it so it would be more unpredicatble.

I thought Orton was a shoo-in to win after he tapped out to Flair on the previous Raw.

• Paid Members

They used to have online gambling for the weekly TNA shows. I always bet on the person who would logically win based on storylines and who was being built up for future programs.

Turned out Russo was booking.

Archived