New wwe.com Layout

ClutchedByTheCamel

The new site is pretty shit but its an improvement.

It seems like they can't be arsed to get real professional web developers in and just let some web monkeys have a go.

A shame given the size of the company but you get what you pay for.

• Paid Members
The new site is pretty shit but its an improvement.

It seems like they can't be arsed to get real professional web developers in and just let some web monkeys have a go.

A shame given the size of the company but you get what you pay for.

To be honest, it's a good job. There's nothing inherently wrong with it. The layout and formatting is consistent across the site and it's simple. It's easier to do a lot wrong than it is to do a little right, and I feel as though what's there is fine.

Like has been said before, it's better than the previous version of the site that was around which had turned into a Frankenstein's monster of a site.

Im not a fan of it, looks messy and VERY dark could of put some bright borders around the content.

As for Flash its a outdated technology it wont be long now until Actionscripting/Flash is gone from all sites.

There's always going to be a place on the web for Flash. It's too much of a fundamental technology to just disappear because Steve Jobs says he doesn't like it. Adobe will adapt Flash if they want it to survive, it'll be hard for something with 90% of desktop penetration to just disappear in a short space of time. Maybe that's what they'll focus on: desktop and AIR apps, but I think Flash will still be around come five years' time.

• Paid Members

You look at most Global companies websites and they're generally all simple. WWE has so much content they want crammed in, it makes sense to keep it as simple as possible.

I like the bar at the bottom that shows you your page history and recommendations for pages you may wish to view.

• Paid Members
I like the bar at the bottom that shows you your page history and recommendations for pages you may wish to view.

Yeah. I thought that was a nice touch too.

You look at most Global companies websites and they're generally all simple. WWE has so much content they want crammed in, it makes sense to keep it as simple as possible.

Indeed. WWE aren't just a wrestling company any more ;)

Interesting to note (or i might be nothing) but previously The Undertaker vs. Triple H was listed as the top match on the matches list, since the redesign John Cena vs. The Miz now occupies the top slot, hopefully meaning that will be the main event.

I think it should be. If there's any Rock involvement, plus the fact it's the championship match, it deserves to be the main event.

Oh aye i definently agree, plus we all know who's winning Triple H/Undertaker so whilst the match will of course be brilliant, it does take a bit away from it. And theres also the fact that If they follow The Rock, we might have another WrestleMania 18 main event scenario met with silence.

Archived