Flatliner Returns - March 27th at ferneham hall, fareham- NO HE DIDNT

• Moderators
yeah he's only young (just looks older)

Where is Sickboy when you need him?

Hello, Sir!

Yeah, he's clearly older than fucking Methuselah. I saw him at a show in 1999, and assumed he was mid-40s at that point, not, you know, 21. This picture is from that exact era.

01.jpg

"Hello! I am 21!" Uh huh.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Shit he served my food at the harvester a while back! And I didn't know who he was!

I highly doubt Flatliner was serving food in The Harvester. I'm pretty sure with all the working he gets, not just directly in wrestling but also TV that he doesn't need to be doing that.

I don't know how old he is, but I do know he's a lot younger than he looks.

He is 32 , i know because he is the the same age as my brother , the Bulk of UK Pitbulls.

He does/did work at Harvester and TGI Fridays.

And if his antics were so racist why did the Black guy work with him? If he was highly offended he should have complained , but if he was ok with it then Flatliner must have seen it as ok too.

I admire him greatly for coming back after being seriously ill, something i won`t be able to do unfortunately.

• Paid Members
I admire him greatly for coming back after being seriously ill, something i won`t be able to do unfortunately.

That's a real shame, the UKP are very much missed!

• Paid Members
Shit he served my food at the harvester a while back! And I didn't know who he was!

I highly doubt Flatliner was serving food in The Harvester. I'm pretty sure with all the working he gets, not just directly in wrestling but also TV that he doesn't need to be doing that.

Oh yeah, he's never off the telly old Flatliner, he's like Adrian Chiles. I think people have a distorted view of how much people get paid in certain industries. I remember a mate of mine being confused as to why his favourite band Amon Amarth (sp?) had to work as long distance lorry drivers when they weren't touring. He reckon they must just like it. I had to point out to him they not quite the global megastars he assumed, and just because you've got a few cds out and play at Bloodstock or whatever, doesn't mean you're raking it in.

• Paid Members

Oh yeah, he's never off the telly old Flatliner, he's like Adrian Chiles. I think people have a distorted view of how much people get paid in certain industries. I remember a mate of mine being confused as to why his favourite band Amon Amarth (sp?) had to work as long distance lorry drivers when they weren't touring. He reckon they must just like it. I had to point out to him they not quite the global megastars he assumed, and just because you've got a few cds out and play at Bloodstock or whatever, doesn't mean you're raking it in.

I think I'm well aware of the kind of money guys earn on the UK scene, but Flatliner wasn't one of your weekend warriors, the guy was one of the busier workers so it's a reasonable assumption that he was one of the few doing it full time. Certainly an easy mistake to make in his case.

• Paid Members

Dear god, the dolts are flocking to this thread- aren't they?

But yeah, a few years ago I was told how young Flatliner was by a few friends on the scene, 32 now would seem right. Whether it's true or not, doesn't it make you think you look fucking young for your age in comparison? Made my day when I was told how old he was.

well guys Flatliner for whatever reason didn't appear

It was a decent show, however a few things marred it:

1. there was an old woman about 60 in the front row. She obviously thought it was real, and was to be frank a nuisance. She was on the apron every 2 seconds, slapped Lady Lory when she was interfering and at times actually got in the way of the outside action. Im all or people having a good time, however i think she should have been warned, as she was actually an annoying menace.

2. Josh Faulkner made his debut. Josh is 16 and not yet ready for the pro ring yet. There was some obvious timing issues (inc a botched German suplex that i thought he broke Mark Haskins neck with) and he displayed little charisma.

3. They used the A-Team theme tune for at least 3 of the wrestlers entrance which made it look abit cheap

4. No Flatliner

5. I was unable to get the lineup featured, even up until the day of the show.

6. none of the matches or stars were mentioned by the MC before the first bell, meaning you had to wait for the next wrestler to come out before you knew who was there, and there was no discernible buildup to the main event (whom we didn't know featured). This meant it was hard to know when to cheer and boo and you didnt know who the guys were.

if the MC had said before it started

"we have the evil Sir Robin, and the charismatic Frankie Sloane" we'd have at least known who to look forward to and who to cheer (or at least a clue anyway)

on the plus side:

1. Man Mountain Manson is awesome and stole the show for me.

2. It was great seeing Frankie Sloan, he's always been great on the UK scene

3. Mark Haskins has the potential to be the 'Edge' of British wrestling

4. Deano is a great talent

5. Sir Robin had the aura of a genuine wrestling star

It was an enjoyable way to lose 2 hours, however i'd have liked there to have been a build up to the main event.

Archived