Whose made you believe the most - ending streak!

Jetta's G-string

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
If Taker DOES ever lose the streak, it must surely be to put over the next big star, the next Brock Lesnar as it were. It was never going to be HBK, and it's never going to be HHH (whose win/loss record at WM is pretty poor!)

I can see it being John Cena, tbh. They've yet to square off and after Rock/Cena it's their biggest match.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
If Taker DOES ever lose the streak, it must surely be to put over the next big star, the next Brock Lesnar as it were. It was never going to be HBK, and it's never going to be HHH (whose win/loss record at WM is pretty poor!)

I can see it being John Cena, tbh. They've yet to square off and after Rock/Cena it's their biggest match.

It doesn't matter who it is, there's pretty much no one, even Cena, unless it's part of a heel turn and done deliberately, who won't get shit on by a large proportion the fans, the casuals or the IWC either way. As such he won;t lose the streak, though I hope HHH does in an odd way, just to see everyone go crazy, and tbh Taker losing at mania 'could' lead to some really interesting television if handled correctly IMHO.

• Paid Members

Shawn Michaels has the ability to make you believe he is capable of winning any match, no matter how unlikely it is or how out of the match he appears to be, and I think this transcends any knowledge of the inner workings of the business and just brings the mark out in even the most ardent of smarks. Many people went into WrestleMania 25 knowing that the streak wouldn't be broken, knowing the streak is likely to never be broken, but once the match was underway they became believers. When he hit Sweet Chin Music I was convinced that he had broken the streak and Taker kicking out was a great moment, and later on in the match when HBK kicked out of the Tombstone I was convinced that he would do it; it's one of the greatest WrestleMania moments of all time, thanks in no small part to Taker's facial expressions. So for me, it's got to be HBK

• Paid Members

I voted "equal" by which I mean "neither." This is going to make me sound like such a fucking smark for saying this, but.... (sigh) neither of them needed / needs it.

Ugh, I feel dirty.

• Paid Members
I voted "equal" by which I mean "neither." This is going to make me sound like such a fucking smark for saying this, but.... (sigh) neither of them needed / needs it.

Ugh, I feel dirty.

The question was not who needed it the most though was it? The question was who out of the two made/make you believe they could/will end the streak.

If you watched Wrestlemania 25 and didn't think at one point in the match Shawn could actually do this, then your mother has to be Mystic Meg and your dad is surley Russell Grant.

If you were not on the edge of your seat a few times in the Wrestlemania 25 match you might as well stop watching wrestling because you clearly don't understand its art form. The match had everything even if you didn't like both guys and wasn't a fan you should still be able to look at a wrestling match and say wow that was a fucking classic.

I do not think the streak will ever be beat the best thing would be to start someone on another streak trying to catch Undertakers streak. How many people who are around now are still going to be current and able in 20 years time though.

• Paid Members
The question was not who needed it the most though was it? The question was who out of the two made/make you believe they could/will end the streak

Are you fucking blind? I answered that. "Equal."

If you watched Wrestlemania 25 and didn't think at one point in the match Shawn could actually do this, then your mother has to be Mystic Meg and your dad is surley Russell Grant.

My mother wouldn't appreciate that, and my dad's brown bread.

If you're saying "watching the match" as opposed to the build up and before time, then its a pretty redundant question since the forthcoming match with Hunter hasn't happened yet! How can I answer who "made me believe the most" based on WATCHING the matches if one hasn't happened yet?? Tell you what, I'll wait until after WM27, and if Trips wins, I'll change my answer to him.

If you were not on the edge of your seat a few times in the Wrestlemania 25 match you might as well stop watching wrestling because you clearly don't understand its art form.

Thanks for the patronizing.

I do not think the streak will ever be beat the best thing would be to start someone on another streak trying to catch Undertakers streak. How many people who are around now are still going to be current and able in 20 years time though.

I don't think they'll do that, because such a streak would draw inevitable comparisons with the Undertaker, and that would only work out unfavourably for Johnny Come Lately, as in "ah, he's good. But he isn't The Undertaker." Besides these days that don't seem to have the foresight to look six months ahead, let alone put a rubber stamp on someone like "you know what? This guy is good enough to not lose at 'Mania for a few years."

Although if you REALLY want to keep score, Miz is 1-0.

• Paid Members

Near the end of the Triple H match at Mania 17, Undertaker was setting Trips up for the Last Ride, and as he was lifting him, H grabbed the sledgehammer off the ground. When Taker hoisted him up, Trips nailed him with the hammer. I was certain at the time, that was the end of that match. However, they didnt really make a big deal about The Streak~ at that point, I may be wrong (and probably am) on this, but I dont think they even mentioned Taker being unbeaten in the run up for Mania's back then.

From my memory, they only really started to hammer that particular selling point home during the build up to Mania 19 when Taker was supposed to be teaming with Nathan Jones v The Big Show and A-Train. The calibre of that match is a bit of an indication that The Streak~ match wasnt all that important back then. At the time, I was convinced the only reason they even brough it up was to try and sell what was shaping up to be a horrible match. Though, I did think Taker was going to lose then too. Nathan Jones was a debuting star, and they had only just brought up this unbeaten thing as a big talking point, so I thought it was "Randy Orton talking about his tour bus" style obvious that they were only bring it up so Jones could turn heel and cost Taker his unbeaten thingy.

I'm pretty sure they did mention the undefeated streak back at WM17 as I remember thinking to myself if anyone is going to beat 'Taker it's HHH and that match totally had me. The only other match that really had me is 'Taker v Orton where I'd have put money on Orton at that stage in his career.

As sound as the matches were between Michaels and 'Taker neither had me. It made NO business sense to end it and thus both wrestlemania's I fell asleep during those matches. HHH to win now also makes no business sense whatsoever. The big one has to be 'Can The Undertaker Go 20-0' and unless we get a new Brock or Rock through the ranks logic points to that match being 'Taker vs Cena.

From an enjoyment factor of how the feuds have been handled Taker - HHH can't hold a candle to the awesomeness that was Taker-Michaels II.

When HBK started up with his "I was so goddamn close to beating Undertaker", I took that to mean "I'm going to lose to Undertaker again at Wrestlemania". Seriously, they might as well have run a little ticker along the bottom of the screen when he was saying "I'm going to beat you Dead Man" that read "Oh no you won't....".

In conclusion, neither.

For a while I thought Shawn would win last year, I had no idea why they were going with HBK/Taker again and didn't quite think Shawn was getting to retire yet. With Triple H I just can't buy it that he'll win, but I guarantee he'll get closer. I'm pissed off that Trips isn't cutting promos saying he's got the best chance ever because he's not only in cahoots with management, but he's the biggest cheater ever seen bar Flair. Just going in there like a babyface trying to take Taker on clean isn't doing anything for me.

I have a feeling though, that there will be a dodgy ending which will lead to a re-start or something similar, and only after that will the Deadman finish Trips off.

• Paid Members

I know the question is out of HBK and HHH but I still think if Taker was going to lose the streak it would have been at Wrestlemaina 21 vs Orton. Just seemed if the streak ever goes it will be with a guy who will be wrestling for another 10 years and has a history with wrestling. Never I have ever pictured Taker losing apart from that match Va Randy.

Archived