Whose made you believe the most - ending streak!

Jetta's G-string

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Triple H, by a mile. HBK spent his final years jobbing to everyone and putting them over, so I expected Taker to win. However Triple H, although has lost more high-profile matches as the years have progressed, has probably won more 'big matches' than anyone in the last 11 years. And from a kayfabed point of view, as JR said, his record in no holds barred style matches is very good.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
And from a kayfabed point of view, as JR said, his record in no holds barred style matches is very good.

He had a No DQ match at WrestleMania 17 to some bloke, and didnt fair to well though.

Nah, it didn't happen. WWE would've surely acknowledged it going into this years Mania

• Paid Members

Strangly enough, I watched the WrestleMania documentary they just released and they say "Rock and Austin was the main event, but the true match of the night was Undertaker vs Triple H". They make a pretty big deal out of it on the new DVD. I was suprised they brought it up, let alone praise it so much. It was a good match, but fuck was it as good as Rock vs Austin.

• Paid Members
Strangly enough, I watched the WrestleMania documentary they just released and they say "Rock and Austin was the main event, but the true match of the night was Undertaker vs Triple H". They make a pretty big deal out of it on the new DVD. I was suprised they brought it up, let alone praise it so much. It was a good match, but fuck was it as good as Rock vs Austin.

Huh? That is very strange of them to do that, given that Rock/Austin was probably the biggest Wrestlemania main event they had since god knows when. Hulk/Warrior maybe. To be honest, although I don't forget that match, there are a few other matches which stand out from that PPV whenever I remember it. Rock/Austin, TLC II, hell even the gimmick battle royal comes to mind pretty quickly when I think of that show.

Huh? That is very strange of them to do that, given that Rock/Austin was probably the biggest Wrestlemania main event they had since god knows when. Hulk/Warrior maybe. To be honest, although I don't forget that match, there are a few other matches which stand out from that PPV whenever I remember it. Rock/Austin, TLC II, hell even the gimmick battle royal comes to mind pretty quickly when I think of that show.

To be fair, this came mostly from a talking head bit with Sheamus, who was probably just being a smart bloke politically. I must say though, in an otherwise flawless documentary, the only letdown was it's complete and total failure to give X7 the credit it deserved as the best bloody show that ever happened ever.

To be fair, this came mostly from a talking head bit with Sheamus, who was probably just being a smart bloke politically. I must say though, in an otherwise flawless documentary, the only letdown was it's complete and total failure to give X7 the credit it deserved as the best bloody show that ever happened ever.

This

I mentioned this to a friend the other day he had recently watched it, great documenatary but what a bootlicking comment

Austin vs Rock was a classic, HHH vs Taker was very good, bit of a difference

• Paid Members

I can see Vince, Kevin Dunne and Johnny Ace planning this years WrestleMania, when one of them pops in the new WWE Documentary about WrestleMania. Half way through the planning of the Sheamus vs Triple H match for this years Mania, Sheamus himself pops up on the screen telling the world how good the Undertaker vs Hunter match was. Light bulbs flash and all three agree that Sheamus was spot on and that Taker should replace Sheamus in the match. Sheamus might have fucked himself out of a payday with Triple H.

No doubt HHH vs Taker will be the best wrestling match on the card, but fans care most to see what The Rock does with Cena., neither did

HHH has done a grand job on the promos ive seen, not his biggest fan but despite a dodgy promo when he first came back ive enjoyed his mic work, very convincing

I dont believe for a second he will win neither did I think HBK would win the past 2 years, but still should be one hell of a wrestling match, as much as I dont really care about Taker all year round he does half put his back in at Wrestlemania in recent years

• Paid Members
If Taker DOES ever lose the streak, it must surely be to put over the next big star, the next Brock Lesnar as it were. It was never going to be HBK, and it's never going to be HHH (whose win/loss record at WM is pretty poor!)

People were saying the same thing about retiring Ric Flair.

Near the end of the Triple H match at Mania 17, Undertaker was setting Trips up for the Last Ride, and as he was lifting him, H grabbed the sledgehammer off the ground. When Taker hoisted him up, Trips nailed him with the hammer. I was certain at the time, that was the end of that match. However, they didnt really make a big deal about The Streak~ at that point, I may be wrong (and probably am) on this, but I dont think they even mentioned Taker being unbeaten in the run up for Mania's back then.

From my memory, they only really started to hammer that particular selling point home during the build up to Mania 19 when Taker was supposed to be teaming with Nathan Jones v The Big Show and A-Train.

It was definitely mentioned before then and i believe first mentioned at/for WrestleMania X7 by Jim Ross with one of his awesome little stats hyping up the match in his own way. It just went on to grow from there and i always thought back then with them mentioning it and Undertaker surprisingly (to me at the time) winning at X7 that it had only occurred to them then and realised they could have stumbled on a potentially great angle and hook for future WrestleManias. Is had most certainly become a matter of interest before WrestleMania XIX. Part of Undertakers celebration after defeating Flair at X8 was counting his fingers out to the full ten before raising both his hands with the big ten up above his head.

With regards the original topic subject/question, like a few others have also said, the only time i've ever really thought the streak was in jeopardy was against Orton but, who made me believe the most out of Triple H and HBK? HBK...for Triple H. Seriously, his snippets in those videos are bloody tremendous and he does a grand job putting the match and the possible outcomes over. In the latest one, as the tone changes with Michaels saying 'nothing lasts forever' in reference obviously to Undertakers streak but with a sprinkling of reference and acceptance to his own wrestling career now being over, i found pretty powerful. Like he's telling Undertaker, deep down i believed i could beat you...and i still couldn't because i no longer had what i takes. That day will come for you too Undertaker and it could be Wrestlemania XXVII against Triple H.

• Paid Members
It was definitely mentioned before then and i believe first mentioned at/for WrestleMania X7 by Jim Ross with one of his awesome little stats hyping up the match in his own way.

Fair enough, but even then it was only mentioned on the side, as an interesting stat/tidbit rather than what the feud was centered around.

• Paid Members
Triple H, for the sheer fact he has an office position on Vince's lap.

Yawn.

With regards the original topic subject/question, like a few others have also said, the only time i've ever really thought the streak was in jeopardy was against Orton but, who made me believe the most out of Triple H and HBK? HBK...for Triple H. Seriously, his snippets in those videos are bloody tremendous and he does a grand job putting the match and the possible outcomes over. In the latest one, as the tone changes with Michaels saying 'nothing lasts forever' in reference obviously to Undertakers streak but with a sprinkling of reference and acceptance to his own wrestling career now being over, i found pretty powerful. Like he's telling Undertaker, deep down i believed i could beat you...and i still couldn't because i no longer had what i takes. That day will come for you too Undertaker and it could be Wrestlemania XXVII against Triple H.

Sums it all up pretty perfectly for me. I have to admit I am far more into this year's build though. Partly because I've really got back into wrestling in general after a while of just watching PPVs and the occasional Raw show and partly because I just fucking love Triple H and am totally bias with anything he's involved in. Except the 2006 DX stuff. Not even I can justify that.

Archived