30 Days of WRESTLING

Super Cena

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wwe-hell-in-a-cell-20081014020943201-000.jpg

My favorite match type is the Hell In A Cell, as the violence, blood and drama of those past matches were mostly incredible. Undertaker Vs Shawn Michaels, Undertaker Vs Mankind, Triple H Vs Cactus Jack, The 6 Man Armageddon, Undertaker Vs Brock Lesnar, Undertaker Vs Edge are among my favourites of all time.

I'd say Hell in a Cell for me, before it got terribly watered down of course. HBK-Taker was one of the first matches I saw and still one of my all-time favourites. Then you had Foley and his craziness in '98 and a the great 'retirement' match he had with Hunter in 2000.

The Royal Rumble. As mentioned, it's only done once a year so still feels special, it always feels big-time, and it has the amazing Booker T/Diesel moments almost every year (I even marked out for Tatanka's return).

Special mention to the ladder/TLC and Elimination Chamber matches too.

• Paid Members

6-Man or 8-Man tag RAW Main Events.

You know what I'm talking about. Those multi-man matches they have every couple of months on RAW, where everyone ends up going nuts, running in and hitting their finishers on each other. They're always brilliant and they should do them more often.

6-Man or 8-Man tag RAW Main Events.

You know what I'm talking about. Those multi-man matches they have every couple of months on RAW, where everyone ends up going nuts, running in and hitting their finishers on each other. They're always brilliant and they should do them more often.

Rock/Cactus/Rikishi and Too Cool vs. DX/Radicalz from Dallas in 2000. A thing of beauty.

I would have to say Last Man Standing Match because there have been quite a few quality matches and they usually have tense and dramatic moments in. Jericho vs Triple H at Fully Loaded 2000 was awesome and is always the first one that springs to my mind. Also Edge vs Cena, Cena vs Umaga, Undertaker vs Big Show are all quality as well.

TLC for me. It's about as gimmicky as it gets without being daft (I'm looking at you Judy Bagwell) and it can work with any number of people. Loved all the first 4 or 5 they did with the tag teams, they still rank as some of the best gimmick matches ever. There have been some very good singles ones since then mainly involving Edge, vs Flair, Cena and Taker spring to mind and I thought the recent Fatal 4 Way was fantastic.

More than anything though it's probably the least overdone 'big' gimmick match I can think of with only 11 taking place in 11 years since they started. I know they have lots of Ladder/Table matches in between but combined these still feel special when they happen.

Most gimmick match types can be excellent. There's obvious one's that are usually pretty dire, like '.... on a Pole' match.

So long as the match is worked smart, and it has a good build then I'm usually pretty happy.

WWE do tend to just through stipulations around without good reason now which really dilutes them.

I remember back in 2000 Last Man Standing matches were fairly few and far between. You knew it was a big deal when was done, eg: Jericho vs HHH at Fully Loaded which was an amazing match.

Now they do a couple a year.

If I had to call one a particular favourite I would say - I always really enjoy best 2 out of 3 falls matches.

Archived