Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

• Paid Members

Crimson wont make it. He's a long list of TNA hopefuls that end up fucking up. They'll get sick of him eventually, like they always do. They might have already got sick of him, considering he was supposed to get to the finals of the BFG tournament and they pulled an injury angle on him because they had no confidence in him. Sure he's winning matches, but he's now an undercard act. He isn't in the position he was 6 months ago. He's another Matt Morgan. Or a Hernandez. A big bloke who they push for the sake of it. I can see Crimson being in a tag team with Rob Terry in about 3 months.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to PWTorch and ProWrestling.net (both reputable sources) the decision to go from Roode to Storm was made on Sunday morning.

Hogan has been very anti-Roode and pro Storm and Hardy in publicity leading up to the show, and the suggestion is that Hogan and Pritchard have hitched the wagon to the more marketable Storm.

I have a hard time seeing Storm as more marketable then Roode

beer-money.jpg

I'm going with the tall, muscular babyface.. you can have the fat beer drinking southern yokel.

But who can fans relate to more? Thats the thing, muscular, tall, good looking etc, he's a cool fucker no doubt and looks awesome but I think generally wrestling fans can relate to the fat beer drinker more.

• Paid Members
Firstly, I'm literally kicking myself for reading cleetus' spoiler in the BFG thread.

No man can resist an all-caps spoiler tag, three exclamation marks as well, you knew shit was going down.

I can't get over how stupid this is. It would be like if at WM21 Batista lost, and they put the belt on Randy Orton on Raw. Is it a salvageable mess?, yeah, but why bother doing all that build just to not pull the trigger?. Roode's momentum has completely ground to a halt now, and it might prove impossible getting it back.

At least it's never boring in TNAland, that's for sure..

• Paid Members
worst title change to happen since david arquettes WCW championship win IMO

Completely agree. I mean just look at the list of NWA/TNA champions and it's like a who's who of pro-wrestling. How can James Storm possibly follow Jeff Jarrett, Ron Killings, Raven, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Rhino, Abyssmal and Ken Anderson?

• Paid Members
I'd imagine WWE would see Roode as the more marketable one of the two. In fact if he got disgruntled and suddenly became available, I reckon they would more than happy to take him on.

Why would you think that? James Storm is a pure WWE gimmick. And a WWE guy of 25 years just came on board as their head of creative and agreed with a former WWF headliner than the gimmick man with the southern brawling style was the man for the job. I prefer Roode, but I've always thought he'd run into all kinds of trouble in WWE. A good wrestler like Storm, with an over the top gimmick is always going to catch your attention.

Anyway, WWE had their chance about 18 months ago and didn't want either of them, so it makes no difference I suppose.

• Paid Members
I'd imagine WWE would see Roode as the more marketable one of the two. In fact if he got disgruntled and suddenly became available, I reckon they would more than happy to take him on.

Why would you think that? James Storm is a pure WWE gimmick. And a WWE guy of 25 years just came on board as their head of creative and agreed with a former WWF headliner than the gimmick man with the southern brawling style was the man for the job. I prefer Roode, but I've always thought he'd run into all kinds of trouble in WWE. A good wrestler like Storm, with an over the top gimmick is always going to catch your attention.

Anyway, WWE had their chance about 18 months ago and didn't want either of them, so it makes no difference I suppose.

Now to be fair, he may have been a WWE guy of 25 years, but he was also let go, and they have moved in a slightly different direction in since time. Also, it's Hogan, who I always think seems like he is working for his own agenda. Again, though a former WWF headliner, there's a reason why he isn't there now. They have changed in booking style (for better or for worse) since then.

I like Storm, and I agree he would do well in Mcmahonland, aside from the fact they'd probably repackage him as something other than a cowboy, given that its a gimmick he has from elsewhere. I just think Roode is such a solid worker that he would be at the very least a solid midcarder in WWE.

I was also under the impression that Roode was offered a developmental deal a few years ago and turned it down to stay with TNA? I coudl well be wrong though. Can anyone shed any light on this?

• Paid Members
I was also under the impression that Roode was offered a developmental deal a few years ago and turned it down to stay with TNA? I coudl well be wrong though. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Roode was always down for tryouts years ago. They've been aware of him since 1999. I dont think he's ever been offered anything by them. I remember reading about the likes of Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, Michael Modest and Reckless Youth all the time doing dark matches and being down in those old feeder territories in the magazines and on the news sites of the times. They've always been stuck in their ways. He's 34 now. I imagine his time as come and gone for a chance to be a national star. Which is a shame. Storm on the other hand, was always apart of the Jarrett, Borash, Russo, Ryder group with Harris, and Abyss. He'd probably never leave TNA anyway.

I thought WWE made both of Beer Money an offer last time their contracts were up, but it wasn't really good enough to entice them to leave as they're both paid well by TNA?

Archived