Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

23rd of june spoilers

* Bound for Glory Tag Series Match, Crimson & Matt Morgan vs. Beer Money. Winners via Carbon Footprint to Robert Roode, Crimson & Matt Morgan.

Im finding it hard to understand this. Is the 'Bound for Glory' series matches for a chance to face the champions? If so then why is it that 2 guys that have never tagged before are beating the champions. And surely it was Shelley and not Roode.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23rd of june spoilers

* Bound for Glory Tag Series Match, Crimson & Matt Morgan vs. Beer Money. Winners via Carbon Footprint to Robert Roode, Crimson & Matt Morgan.

Im finding it hard to understand this. Is the 'Bound for Glory' series matches for a chance to face the champions? If so then why is it that 2 guys that have never tagged before are beating the champions. And surely it was Shelley and not Roode.

This is why you need to actually watch the programme rather than just reading spoilers. Spoilers never tell the complete story, especially when they're written by idiots.

This isn't directed at you, SSJLogan, by the way; it's at people who do nothing but say how shit and confusing TNA is while not actually watching the show.

the 12 participants

AJ Styles

Rob Van Dam

Bobby Roode

Bully Ray

Samoa Joe

Matt Morgan

Gunner

The Pope

Crimson

James Storm

Scott Steiner

Devon

Bobby Roode please although i can see it being crimson

That wasn't entirely clear (its starts off with 12 guys competing, then only 4 guys competing?!?), but I have a better idea of it now.

Every match these guys have gives them points. The only drawback to this is that what if some guys have more matches than others (i.e. someone like AJ Styles will more likely have more matches than someone like Devon for example) thus it's competitively speaking unfair. Also does this mean that these guys cannot compete for the world title between now and Bound For Glory?

I'm probably being overly critical, and I give TNA credit for coming up with a idea of choosing their big number one contender over a period of time. It's certainly better than when they were doing reverse battle royales and the like. I wish something like this was adopted full time for Raw or Smackdown as I think it would give matches more intrique. But thats just me.

Just watched the highlights from this week's show. Line of the show has to be,

Hulk Hogan: "Who do you think you are!?"

Sting: "I'm the STINGER, Hulk! I'm the Stinger!"

I disagree, line of the night went to Scott Steiner:

"I know you love sugar, BUT I AIN'T GOT NONE!"

Anyway, another good show this week. Aires/Rave/Kash, Team Arse/SaritaRosita, Joe/RVD and Gunner/Anderson were all good matches.

• Moderators
Just watched the highlights from this week's show. Line of the show has to be,

Hulk Hogan: "Who do you think you are!?"

Sting: "I'm the STINGER, Hulk! I'm the Stinger!"

I disagree, line of the night went to Scott Steiner:

"I know you love sugar, BUT I AIN'T GOT NONE!"

"What am I gonna do? Play the guitar? I CAN'T PLAY THE GUITAR!"

Just got done watching the 16/06 episode of Impact and for the first time in seemingly forever I've managed to watch an entire wrestling show from start to finish without skipping and thoroughly enjoying everything I saw.

The Three-Month BFG tournament is a great idea, it keeps the main eventers who aren't directly involved in the title picture occupied and will help aspiring main eventers reach the next level. Everyone involved in the tournament wants to win the thing so all tournament matches are important. Good decision.

Jacqueline and ODB beating up waves of security was great stuff, they looked genuinely terrifying. The backstage beatdown kinda ruined it a little, especially when Jacqueline kept screaming "YOU DON'T MESS WITH US" over and over again, but for the most part it was good. I wonder how Velvet will bounce back from this seeing as she doesn't appear to have any friends backing her up anymore, either way I'm emotionally invested in Velvet, which is good.

Eric Bischoff was in the zone, his "game on" back and forth with Anderson was great.

Kash/Aries/Rave was absolutely fantastic. Everyone looked great in this match but I think Austin Aries came out looking like a legitimate star. I'm looking forward to seeing who the three newcomers will be next week and who'll they'll bring back from the X-Division's past.

Samoa Joe/RVD was great stuff and although the ending was kinda predictable it was incredibly satisfying to watch Joe put such a beating on RVD. I enjoyed it in the same sort of way I enjoyed Randy Orton handcuffing John Cena to the ringpost and then beating him repeatedly with a stick all those years ago.

If only Sting showed as much passion in his matches as he did during his altercation with Hogan. I don't know where this thing is heading but I loved it. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence but I thought the facepaint Sting applied to Hogan looked a little bit like the Ultimate Warriors.

Gunner. Fucking hell, I can't figure out if he has "it" yet but he's on one hell of a roll right now.

I was disappointed when Angle announced that he was going to the Olympics moments before Jarrett challenged him to one last match, fortunately they salvaged what looked to be an obvious Jarrett win by making the ending ambiguous. Did Jarrett quit? He said something but I couldn't tell what it was. Excellent stuff, really well thought out.

Next week: Bully Ray Vs Scott Steiner...

4133590_rndec112d4b_19.jpg

Two of the greatest heels and biggest pricks in the business go head to head. I don't know about anyone else but for me this is a dream match and I can't wait to see it.

• Paid Members

I decided to check this out after hearing Bischoff and Hogan say Sting was on form during this. I must say it was a suprisingly good watch.

Hogan v Sting is still an excellent dynamic. I thought both men deserve plaudits, as you were able to tell that they were feeding off of each others 'fire', and it built to a point where it was truely gripping. Just shows how excellent both men can still be when they have something to get their teeth into. The highlight (other than Stings "I'm the STINGER!" line) was Hogans spooked face with all the make-up on him.

I agree the BFG Tournament is an excellent idea. It feels like it means something (TNA lack that most of the time).

bfgseriespoints.jpg

first off do the points only count when they are facing other people in the series or for all matches they have against anyone?

I assume they will have house updates on Impact now as well seing as they count

just hope they dont balls it up like they did the top 10 rankings

Archived