New WWE HOF 2011 inductee announced on wwe.com

The Natural

• Paid Members
What about Mr T, Mike Tyson, Cindi Lauper or Jamieson?

Was Jamieson an actual celeb then? I just thought he was some gimp. That Bushwhackers/Beverlys yawnfest on Rumble '92 inspires fast forward usage on an otherwise excellent vid, and his part in that was cringeworthy.

Although he had a thing for Luna Vachon, and let her know about it, so we know he had balls of steel underneath that unassuming demeanour.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

airraidcrash - rick was taking the mickey there.

Re. Carey at Royal Rumble 2001.

Was his appearance even advertised? If so how did they hype his appearance because I really don't remember.

People like to complain about Perry and Uecker but at least he was one of those celebs they back when that was one of the things they were into hyping (WM I-V was probably the first peak for that, even though they had celebs after then as well, and then obviously they went back to it - too much so in a lot of people's opinion - with WMs X, XI, XIV, and again in more recent years). WWE were quite good at making even middle of the road level celebs seem to be a big deal in the 80s really.

Dunno if I'll be in a minority here, but I think that's a fucking terrible entrant.

It's not looking that way.

FWIW, I did actually get a laugh out of that Rumble segment when it was shown on Channel 4 at the time. It's just that even for a throwaway celeb induction there are probably ten more memorable celebrity appearances you could think of.

K-Fed was fuckin' awesome. I didn't know who the fuck he was at the time, and he was better than he had any right to be in that role in my opinion.

Yeah, he was and same here except I had heard of him - I knew the name and who he was married to - but didn't really know who he was/what he looked like and had no expectations. Then he just came in and was the best heel in the company. Really the first heel since JBL (and even then he got some cheers in their WM XXI match) and Orlando Jordan to get near 100% of the audience behind Cena.

The Celebrity wing is nothing to do with the actual hall of fame is it?

Good question. The answer is: yes it does. The way it has been portrayed it's just the celebrity wing of the same 'Hall'. So if it was a building then it is still very much part of the WWE Hall of Fame complex just a room with its own criteria/identity.

The Celebrity wing is nothing to do with the actual hall of fame is it? If Pete Rose gets in then so should Carey. His appearence at the Toyal Rumble was memorable. And to say he only made one appearence ever in the WWE is silly as most people who have gone in and will go in will have only of ever made one appearence.

Pete Rose made 3/4 appearances and in a recurring role. Even then he was a stretch, but he had added interest because he is banned from the Baseball Hall of Fame so its a funny story to say he is in a wrestling one. (Dont think they got much publicity out of it anyway.)

Carrey on the other hand is a shockingly shit inductee. I know the HOF isnt to be taken seriously because its down to what Vince wants...but Drew Carey? Jesus wept.

He also did that advert for them for No Mercy a few years back as well.

I thought Rose was one of the more memorable WM guests they've had. He's always one of the first five names that comes up. That ongoing feud with Kane was harmless fun. I remember there was one WrestleMania when he finally didn't appear after doing so the previous years and people were actually annoyed about it! Him guest-hosting Raw last year only to find himself getting beaten up by Kane yet again made me laugh.

If they were going to do a celeb wing then him going isn't a shock really. Partly because of the baseball HoF but also he seemed to be one of those 'reoccurring celebs' sort of like Mr. T (1985-87) for the Attitude Era fans only less high profile.

It was like how when you were a kid whenever it got to a certain time of year you would know that T in the mid-80s/Uecker in the late 80s were going to show up or like with Dennis Rodman and Kevin Green in WCW I'd imagine for the younger Attitude fans it was like that with Rose. When they announced there was going to be Guest Hosts for Raw he was one of the first names everyone just assumed would be one of 'em (along with people like Shaq, ZZ Top, Mayweather, Shatner and David Arquette). I just didn't get that same feeling with guys like Carey, I suppose.

It's pretty clear WWE gave him the spot to promote his new show, he's there for tv politics reasons only, i dont know why people are getting so eat up about it, its like saying "kelly kelly has worked her ass of this year-why is Snooki get a match at mania and she is not? thats just so dumb of wwe" *facepalm*

It also has to be down to who wants to go into the HOF. Who actually wants to show up at the ceremony and who excepts the fee to appear. For someone like Tyson to show up, WWE would have to pay fairly high. And as said above, WWE are promoting Carey's new show. It is no big deal, people will be watching and attending the show to see HBK inducted anyhow. Carey's induction probably won't even make the TV broadcast.

• Paid Members

It was thought for a long time that Jamison was played by a fella called Andy Kindler who is a comdeian that has been on David \lettermans show etc. Turns out its not him, but that maybe what Rick was refering to.

Also, if your going to add celebs, maybe you have to add people such as Motor Head and Limp Bizkit, they have appeared live at BIG WWE events and have had their music playing all over WWE for yonks.. (Bizkit - undertaker theme, Motor Head - HHH theme)... theres more but in terms of random celeb getting in to the HOF, surely these would be more obvious shouts?

OK they never said any scripted lines backstage like other celebs, or they never dressed up and stepped in the ring, but they performed and like i said, have had their music played at 100's of WWE shows

Ah I love Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show and the Whose Line Is It Anyway are amazing) so I'm sorta happy to see this. His Rumble appearance was great and the 2001 Rumble is one of the best ever Rumbles so why not? Based on 1 appearance, yeah I know, its a bit ridiculous.

Anyway its not like he is taking up a valuable celebrity place, as its a bit of a joke anyway so let him have it. As long as K-Fed gets in next year.

Is the celeb inductee usually the last one announced? Or is there 1 more to go in this year?

It's pretty clear WWE gave him the spot to promote his new show, he's there for tv politics reasons only, i dont know why people are getting so eat up about it, its like saying "kelly kelly has worked her ass of this year-why is Snooki get a match at mania and she is not? thats just so dumb of wwe" *facepalm*

Hold on a second, nobody has gotten annoyed about it. Myself, rick, Cum Doctor and Poopants are just saying we think it is a horrible idea and why we think it is a horrible idea. No different to anything else that is discussed on here. If anything there was far more outrage about William 'The Refrigerator' Perry going in a few years back, mostly from the NFL fans.

Nobody has said it is terribly important or that complaining about it will have any impact. It is WWE's Hall of Fame and they will put in whoever they want/are on good terms with regardless of what anyone thinks about it. It's meaningless in the grand scheme of things but then again so are most things that are discussed on here.

I don't even think anyone has said they dislike Carey just that they think that even for something as meaningless as the Celebrity section of a somewhat dubious to begin with Hall of Fame there are better inductions out there. Personally, I quite like what I've seen of Carey, which isn't a lot (Whose Line Is It Anyway? and that Royal Rumble cameo).

its like saying "kelly kelly has worked her ass of this year-why is Snooki get a match at mania and she is not? thats just so dumb of wwe" *facepalm*

No. It's not like that at all.

Correct. I don't think anyone would have a problem with the guy working a match at WrestleMania to get some publicity. Well okay, scratch that some people would have a problem with him working a match at WrestleMania but I don't think anyone would have a problem with him making a special guest appearance either at 'Mania or as a Guest Host of Raw or even hosting the Hall of Fame.

A truckload of celebs have turned up over the years for that reason only (to plug their product) but they didn't need to get inducted into the HoF to do it (as the example with Snooki proves).

It was thought for a long time that Jamison was played by a fella called Andy Kindler who is a comdeian that has been on David \lettermans show etc. Turns out its not him, but that maybe what Rick was refering to.

I had forgotten about that, but I remember reading that rumour before and I'm pretty sure it was on here.

• Paid Members
Ah I love Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show and the Whose Line Is It Anyway are amazing)

Off topic, but the UK one is so much better, better audience I think.

I also hate how drew makes a shit joke at the start of the show about the points not being important.

Carey's induction probably won't even make the TV broadcast.

You sure about that? Bob Uecker was shown in the TV broadcast and he got more airtime than any of the others who appeared on the broadcast except Dibiase. As for Drew Carey seems to be a bit of a shit inductee for the HOF but i suppose if it wasn't now it would probably happened years later.

Carey's induction probably won't even make the TV broadcast.

You sure about that? Bob Uecker was shown in the TV broadcast and he got more airtime than any of the others who appeared on the broadcast except Dibiase.

Aye, Drew Carey is more than likely going to get some decent airtime on the broadcast. I reckon he'll be second to HBK. Definitely getting more screentime than Road Dogg's dad.

• Paid Members

Remember when Tiger Ali Singh and Lo Down were backstage at Royal Rumble 2001 and McMahon had to break the news that they werent going to be on the show and Singh said "but what fine athletes have you got to replace my men?" and Vince looked at him and went "Drew Carey". It was a funny skit. I think thats how they should tell Sunny her segment is getting dropped from the TV broadcast.

Was Jamieson an actual celeb then? I just thought he was some gimp. That Bushwhackers/Beverlys yawnfest on Rumble '92 inspires fast forward usage on an otherwise excellent vid, and his part in that was cringeworthy.

Although he had a thing for Luna Vachon, and let her know about it, so we know he had balls of steel underneath that unassuming demeanour.

I think he means the one that liked her bush licked, and not Bushwacked

Archived