Advice please

Carbomb

• Paid Members

I'm having a clear-out at my house, as I've alway been a bit of a hoarder and never really been ruthless with stuff. Now it's affecting storage space, so something must be done.

One of the things I'm looking to get rid of is a Master System II, but it's more games I'm wondering about. I have several games, including Wonder Boy III, Populous, Pro Wrestling, Bonanza Bros. and Italia '90; the ones named here are all in their original boxes, complete with manuals. Here's the question: is it worth me flogging them on E-bay or on here, or should I just donate them to a charity shop? They're good games, but I can easily get an emulator. I've also got Moonwalker, Donald Duck & The Lucky Dime Caper and the light gun trilogy, just the cartridges.

Additionally (and here's where you get an idea of how old I am, and how much I hoard stuff), I have a LOAD of old PC games on 5.25in floppy disks, including Lemmings - these are all for an Amstrad 1640 PC, PRE-186. Is it worth trying to sell or give them to a collector, or should I just dump them?

Thanks in advance.

• Paid Members

I'd ask around friends and see if anyone wants the Master System and games just so someone could get some enjoyment out of it, if not, I'd just give it to a charity shop, selling it on Ebay probably wouldn't be worth the hassle of postage and shit. Maybe have a look around the net first to see if any of the games are rare ones that you could make a few quid on.

• Paid Members

If you do donate to a charity store, take note of who you give them to. Some might see the games, decide they're old, and instantly dump them in the bin out back. I'd suggest the smaller local ones would be your best choice solely because they are more likely to want to sell them through needing the stock. The bigger ones are more ruthless when it comes to throwing stuff away.

• Paid Members

Sounds daft but i had the same problem with PS2 games recenly, a lot of them in plain boxes with no instructions. I know non of them are rare as such and i have about 20 of them. I knew i wouldnt make any money on them and i also knew that the charity shops around me would't even know they were games, they would probs look at them and think "a cd without a cover".

Ive just left them in a box in the room i found them in, i should really take them to a charity shop in fairness though, or donate them to a hospice or something.

In terms of what you should do, charity shop would be my option, but to be fair, you might as well talk to the guy that has been mentioned above.

I'm having a clear-out at my house, as I've alway been a bit of a hoarder and never really been ruthless with stuff. Now it's affecting storage space, so something must be done.

One of the things I'm looking to get rid of is a Master System II, but it's more games I'm wondering about. I have several games, including Wonder Boy III, Populous, Pro Wrestling, Bonanza Bros. and Italia '90; the ones named here are all in their original boxes, complete with manuals. Here's the question: is it worth me flogging them on E-bay or on here, or should I just donate them to a charity shop? They're good games, but I can easily get an emulator. I've also got Moonwalker, Donald Duck & The Lucky Dime Caper and the light gun trilogy, just the cartridges.

Additionally (and here's where you get an idea of how old I am, and how much I hoard stuff), I have a LOAD of old PC games on 5.25in floppy disks, including Lemmings - these are all for an Amstrad 1640 PC, PRE-186. Is it worth trying to sell or give them to a collector, or should I just dump them?

Thanks in advance.

Afaik there is nothing intrinsically valuable there Using Ebay completed listings

Wonderboy III is doing 7 quid tops

Populus is doing about 3 quid

Pro Wrestling 99p

Bonanza Bros 2 quid upwards

WC italia 99p

For the Carts only

Moonwalker still fluctuates wildly, Carts go from 99p up to 4 quid.. boxed it can still do 20 quid

Lucky Dime 99p upwards.

The SMS fluctuates madly Ive seen boxed examples of an SMS1 go for pennies and a SMSII go with a few naff games for 30 quid plus.

As it stands the market seems to be around 20-25 quid

If you dont wanna sell it, but want someone to have it, freecycle or freegle it.

The Amstrad 1640.. seems rare enough too ebay these things at 99p each and check out the postage world wide and see what happens

I had some Dragon 32 games and auctioned them off individually, They went all over the world ranging from 99p to over 25 quid There will be a collector out there somewhere, its just a question of where they are and how much they are prepared to pay for it

Hope that helps

• Paid Members

I've just kept hold of my Master System II and the box of 30ish games I have for it. It's worth next to fuck all to anybody else so I just figured I'd keep it for sentimental value. I know I'll probably never play it, but I'm a bit of a hoarder too. Having the exact same problem now as I'm moving house in two weeks. Still, there's some stuff I just can't bring myself to get rid off.

Archived