Hidden Gems

K-BOW-88

Interesting topic. This is a chance to post links to wrestling matches that are 'hidden gems' and relatively unheard off.

1) My first is a match isn't even mentioned on any of Bret Hart's DVD's, but absolutely top notch.

Bret Hart vs 123 Kid, WWF Raw in 1994.

This match is a example of storytelling, an overseen match that in my book is fricking amazing.

2) A match in Germany between Davey and Owen in 97.

Owen vs Davey, Germany 1997

Post yours! Enjoy. :thumbsup:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No offence but they aren't really hidden gems, not on here anyway. They come up quite often along with the Diesel/HBK vs. Razor/123 tag and the Harts/Steiners match.

Good thread idea though.

Thanks. Hidden gems in the sense that they're not on DVD's, or well-known. But fair enough.

• Paid Members
Thanks. Hidden gems in the sense that they're not on DVD's, or well-known. But fair enough.

1) My first is a match isn't even mentioned on any of Bret Hart's DVD's, but absolutely top notch.

This match is a example of storytelling, an overseen match that in my book is fricking amazing.

Both of these are on the best of raw, the first video is even taken from that set.

I don't mean to bitch, just felt like saying. You should pick it up, its a top set.

Here's one that I witnessed live at 1PW a few years back. I still enjoy this match watching it back. On paper it looked nothing more than a 'filler match' but I got right into it and for what it is it delivers bigtime. Hamrick rocks!

SJK .vs. CHRIS HAMRICK -

Shame about the French over dubs.

Both of these are on the best of raw, the first video is even taken from that set.

I don't mean to bitch, just felt like saying. You should pick it up, its a top set.

Didn't know! I definately check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yoLJhnm-N0

Dean Malenko vs. Norman Smiley. Not an all time classic, but a really good match from WCW Worldwide of all places.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESaChm33s8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV02Pvft4Pk

Also, everyone talks about that Stan Hansen vs. Kenta Kobashi match from 1993, but I might just prefer this handheld match, which I believe is a few months prior to it.

Steiners/Harts is on the Hart and Soul DVD

So is Owen/Davey

The clique tag match was on the first HBK video, but I don't think it's on any DVD...

I'll say Regal/Malenko from Nitro in 1996

and

Steiners/Norton vs LOD/Power Warrior from Tokyo Dome in 1996

Archived