Valentines Day

Old School Square

First valentines with the new lady, but fairly standard... some love heart sweets dotted around her house the other day

Posted a card with a poem and a mix cd through her door before work

Candle lit meal this evening - quite standard, but the new lady has never had a good valentines day so just wanted something that would go smoothly (hence me not cooking and going to a lovely italian)

What are everyone else's plans?

• Paid Members

Bought her a love bug from Build a bear and some chocolates. Having a meal at home tonight and watching Valentines Day. Will record Fulham-Chelsea to watch after she's fallen asleep!

I love my missus. I love that she insists Valentines day is still special after all these years and that rather than buying my slushy shite, she bought me DVD's off my amazon wishlist.

some love heart sweets dotted around her house the other day

I want to vomit. Surely after all the stigma and satirization people don't still write cringe worthy love poems and compose mix CD's full of songs that 'say exactly how I feel'?

• Moderators
compose mix CD's full of songs that 'say exactly how I feel'?

:laugh:

These things are awful. I remember once in my teenage days making a mix tape (yeah tape, classic format IMO) for some bird, and I put on The Stooges "I Wanna Be Your Dog" as I was a huge fan of them. She got the arse because she thought I was trying to say she was a dog.

I want to vomit. Surely after all the stigma and satirization people don't still write cringe worthy love poems and compose mix CD's full of songs that 'say exactly how I feel'?

It was a few lines telling her how I feel. And the CD is due to her moaning at me that her spotify doesn't work with her car stereo and she has no CD's in her car, so it was me just being thoughtful more than anything.

Maybe I should play LOUD music all night and see what the neighbours do, as maybe that will meet your approval. :rolleyes:

• Moderators

He's a self-admitted "Old School Square" whose upcoming gigs are Lifehouse and Ben Folds. What would you expect? If that's what she's into and she finds it a thoughtful gift then who gives a shit?

(although I couldn't imagine tolerating the company of a woman who found that acceptable).

• Paid Members

We don't normally bother with Valentines day, as loads of stuff costs a fortune on the day it falls on so we go out the weekend following or do something in the month rather then on the day. Saying that this year the wife wanted us to get card's for each other due to the fact its the 1st 1 as a married couple, so we get the to my Wife/Husband cards. We do get each other gifts around February but none of the cuddly toy with a heart and choocy tat. In a few weeks we are off away for a short 4 day holiday, that is our valentines gift for this year.

Archived