Father & Son NXT

Mab

From rajah.com

- With the fourth season of WWE NXT coming to a close, WWE officials are already planning Season 5 and have decided on a theme. As of this week, WWE is looking to pair up Rookies with their WWE Legend fathers.

Some of the father and son teams WWE could have access to include Richie & Ricky Steamboat, Brett & Ted DiBiase, Bo & Mike Rotundo, among others.

What do people think of this idea? I like it, and think it will be a good twist for NXT. Will also be a good nostalgia pop to see the legends do something a bit more meat than the odd backstage skit here and there.

Sounds like an interesting idea. Only really watched the first season (and bits of the third) of NXT but at least it is something that hasn't been done before.

On the one hand there are probably too many second/third generation wrestlers out there to the extent that it doesn't seem all that impressive anymore, but as a concept for a TV show I think its pretty good with built in storylines from the start (wanting to follow in their dad's footsteps vs. wanting to carve their own path, seeing how they interact with each other, family feuds, etc.).

• Paid Members

to be honest, i like the father/son idea, but think ts wasted on the NXT idea. I would love to see a show that maybe lasts for 8 weeks, everyone gains 'points' or something for the first 6 weeks, on week seven everyone bar 2 people are cut from the show, leaving a one on one final.

The reason i say this is because people are cut from nxt based on silly gameshow style rules, and you dont really get to see what most of the rookies have to offer. If you took the live show element of nxt, elements of tough enough and bits of ultimate fighter, i think it could be a good show.

Its a shame its just canny shit

• Paid Members

What a great show that would be. Who is there though? I know Ted Dibiase has another son, who they had in developmental for a while, but I'm stuck thinking of other wrestlers who arent on TV who they could use. Reid Flair, just after Ric Flair retired, would have been perfect, but obviously cant now since he's not in the business and Flair doesn't work there. Does Barry Darsaw have a son who wrestles or did I dream that?

Richie Steamboat - Ricky Steamboat

Bret Dibiase - Ted Dibiase

Bo Rotundo - Mike Rotundo

Donny Marlow - Haku

Buck Dixon - Mark Canterberry

Roman Leakee - Afa

Orlando Colon - Carlos Colon

Wes Brisco - Jack or Gerald Brisco

Raquel Diaz - Vicky Guerrero

Is there anyone else on there that Ive missed that could be family connected

Jack Brisco's dead. He had a heart attack shortly after Gerry had a stroke (?)

I suppose they could do a family thing rather than just father and son. For instance, I doubt Carlos Colon would like to leave the WCC (which I think he still operates) for an Interrnet show when Primo's already there most nights.

Archived