Do you miss...

SCARFACE

Its most likely had a thread argument but i cant remember seeing one. But ive come to conclusion, that i dont really miss the WWE not blading/cutting/gigging etc. Im remember when they first put the ban on and there was alot of mixed reaction especially towrads the ban. But i must say i dont really miss it myself. Obviously some matches you feel it would fit in nicely, but... I dont miss it at all.

Thoughts? :thumbsup:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a big fan of blood but that doesn't mean I want to see it in every match. I was so disappointed when WWE banned it and I seem to remember something about a ref coming down to wipe blood off of Batista (someone correct me if I'm wrong about that) and Batista looked pretty POed in my opinion (can't say that I blame him to be honest) I can understand it if it's Ric Flair type bleeding but if it's only a small cut and there's not a lot of blood, I don't see the problem with it.

However, as I've become a regular attendee of ICW in the last year or so, I get to see plenty of blood at their shows instead so I can still get my blood fix :D

I must say i totally forgot about the refs stopping tha match wipe blood off a wrestlers face. But it did stick out in my mind that they did not stop the elimination chamber to wipe the undertakers bloody nose.

It only works at certain times in certain matches. I miss it now and again as it can make a match great but no way would I want to see it all the time, it's a aprt of wrestling that should be used sparingly. There's enough good weekly matches from WWE that it makes it tolerable.

I thought it would detract from feuds etc but to be honest prefer it now without the blood, if anything whilst WWE have gone the no blood route TNA seem to have gone the opposite way and have at least one juice job a show even on TV and now its almost a case of "whos gonna juice this week" which has desensitised (sp?) the TNA fans from it. CM Punks bloody nose on Raw was a massive thing because of the ban on it, In TNA it probably would'nt even get a mention.

The no head shot chair rule annoys me more. I can't buy that if I really hate someone enough to swing a chair at them I'm now going to hit them in the back instead of clobber them upside the head.

• Paid Members

Not really, in fact I had a nosebleed this morning due to jabbing my finger a bit too far...

In all seriousness though, I felt blood was overdone. It should be done once in a blue moon so when it does happen, you think, "Holy shit, did that [chair shot-or-insert-other-event] actually bust him open...?!"

• Paid Members

I can't say that I do. I feel there are a few big matches and angles a year that would benefit from it and hopefully now that they've sanitised things a little, they'll realise some of the shock value in the occassional use.

Something I noticed on TNA last week was the absolutele overuse of "bad" language. it was ridiculous. WWE used to be like that with blood to the point where it was normal. AJ Styles calling Bischoff a "Bastard" just didn't get over at all because the show desenticises you to it. Compare that to what I felt when John Cena said he was gonna kick CM Punk's "ass" the other week, it was night and day. The blood thing is the same and that's how it should be.

• Moderators

This conversation came up the other week when watching the Rumble with friends actually.. My opinion was very much was you've said there Rick. It got to the point where it was totally overdone; just totally stopping it entirely for a while was a great call. When someone does eventually bleed a bit in a big angle it's gonna have so much more impact.

I do a bit yeah, but mainly in certain matches and when i'm re-watching matches with blood in them. In general I don't miss it as much as I thought I would when they phased it out.

As has been said in certain matches/feuds it can really add to match and make it feel like a big thing, I imagine this is how it would feel if they used it sparingly again now similarly how it was first used pre attitude era. It did get to the point where every no dq match would have it and it probably did lose some of the special drama it could add.

On the otherside though they have got rid of blood and probably have more stipulation matches/PPVs than ever, so a bit of blood on certain shows/feuds would really help differentiate them. The one I most miss it in is probably Hell in a Cell where they just seem to be lacking that extra something that makes it seem a brutal affair, even if it was just in one of the cell matches on a show it would make a difference.

In the end though, perhaps Hell in a Cell and Last man Standing aside, I don't really notice it anymore, especially as they've done away with head chair shots and it doesn't affect my enjoyment.

Something I noticed on TNA last week was the absolutele overuse of "bad" language. it was ridiculous. WWE used to be like that with blood to the point where it was normal. AJ Styles calling Bischoff a "Bastard" just didn't get over at all because the show desenticises you to it. Compare that to what I felt when John Cena said he was gonna kick CM Punk's "ass" the other week, it was night and day. The blood thing is the same and that's how it should be.

I think TNA have got a decent balance myself, it

• Paid Members

I think TNA have got a decent balance myself, it

• Paid Members
In all seriousness though, I felt blood was overdone. It should be done once in a blue moon so when it does happen, you think, "Holy shit, did that [chair shot-or-insert-other-event] actually bust him open...?!"

Yep, this. It started becoming far too regular in wrestling (not just WWE) and lost its meaning. When I to recall examples of blood when I were a nipper- it's easy to do as it wasn't that frequent. The one that stands out in my mind is Ric Flair VS Randy Savage at WrestleMania 8 (I believe Flair was fined for blading on-camera). Now that was brilliant. In TNA though, Flair blades for the sake of it. I've even seen him blade whilst giving a promo.

Archived