UKFF'ers going to WrestleMania Thread

Ross

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of the time me and my best mate flew on the day before the HOF but left from Manchester and had a connection in London to Houston. Well the plane couldnt leave Manchester cause of fog in London prevented it from landing. So by the time we eventually got to London the plane to Texas was already in the air. So they stuck us in an airport hotel and flew us to GERMANY the next day were we caught a flight to Houston and arrived minus our luggage just in time to see the HOF...in the clothes we'd had on for 2 full days lol

This year we are headed to Charlotte for a few days before Mania so should be fine. Then onto Memphis. Can't wait!

I went to Wrestlemania 25. Anyone who hasn't been and is considering it, then i highly reccomend it. Even if you only get to go once. After going to 25 i vowed to try and get there every year. Unfortunatly last year i started a new job 2 days after Mania so was unable to go. And this year i get married in November, so all spare money is going into that at the moment. Therfore unless i get a good coupon up/lottery win between now and the end of March, then it looks like i'll have to wait untill 2012 in Miami for my next Wrestlemania weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering, when you collect the tickets for Axxess, do you collect them from the Georgia Dome, or does the World Conference Center have its own international will call thing? Does anyone know?

Love that picture of Layla by the way.

I would asume the World Conference Center will have its own will call. If not just ask around, i'm sure the right place wont be hard to find.

Agreed about that Layla picture!

I get the impression from Google Maps that the World Conference Centre is a part of the Georgia Dome, so they may use the same Box Office.

Last year, in Phoenix, they had temporary ticket tables set up in the hallway outside of Axxess where you could buy tickets and collect Will Call, so they may do the same this year. Though I'd imagine thats down to the arena rather than WWE.

Incidentally, as in past years, I'm not intending buying Axxess tickets until I get year. I assume nobody has heard anything to say that you can't?

Thirded on that Layla picture!!

I love the Layla picture.

I was wondering about the Axxess will call situation too. I'm guessing as i purchased tickets for it from the Georgia Dome that i will collect my tickets there. First order of business once in the conference center is to get my merchandise bought. Last year when we got to Wrestlemania all of the red t-shirts had sold out and the small hoodys had gone too.

One thing i am looking forward to is the food. I can't wait to get to Johnny Rockets at Atlanta Underground and get my hands on some serious burgers. Not many food places near ROH though, but i'm thats just because they aren't on google maps.

Speaking of ROH. Night 1 at Center Stage has Roderick Strong vs. Christopher Daniels for the World title and the Kings of Wrestling vs. Haas and Benjamin for the Tag titles. Should be a great night. Davey Richards, El Generico and The Briscoes also announced. Plus a fan fest is happening at 10am Saturday morning for the price of $10.

Wrestlereunion on Sunday looks good but it's $200 for all access or $20 per autograph, $20 per photo or $30 for a combo. I might go, meet the Iron Shiek and leave a happy person.

Also, if you plan on getting food after Mania i would advise booking a table earlier in the day. Last year most places were an hour wait after the show and this year there seems like less choice for places to eat than the huge complex in Glendale.

Anyone getting excited? Three weeks tomorrow we set off.

Getting excited?

When we got into bed on Saturday night, my missus said to me "Just think, four weeks from now you'll be going to bed knowing your going to WrestleMania tomorrow". I couldn't sleep with excitement. I'm thirty fucking five for God's sake!!

• Paid Members

With each Raw and Smackdown and each time I hear that annoyingly catchy Tiny Tempah track, I go a little bit mental oriental.

Leaving on the 29th and doing a bit of exploring for the first few days before hitting Atlanta. We're looking at car rentals and the like to be going on with and looking at paying Florida a visit, even if it means shitloads of driving. Any other places not too far from Atlanta that people would recommend?

The excitment is definatley buidling now :thumbsup:

Speaking of ROH. Night 1 at Center Stage has Roderick Strong vs. Christopher Daniels for the World title and the Kings of Wrestling vs. Haas and Benjamin for the Tag titles. Should be a great night. Davey Richards, El Generico and The Briscoes also announced. Plus a fan fest is happening at 10am Saturday morning for the price of $10.

Im definatley gonna try to get to the fanfest after Midday Madness. I have got no clue on how to get to Center Stage though? Anyone have any decent directions?

Definatley going to fit Wrestlereunion in on the Sunday. Only really want photo ops so so doubt ill go VIP. Really want to meet Steiner, Kamala & Mickie James though.

Also read that Road Warrior Animal is doing a signing at Barnes & Noble on the Monday afternoon which may be good to go to.

Also read that Road Warrior Animal is doing a signing at Barnes & Noble on the Monday afternoon which may be good to go to.

Cheers for that, will have to look into that.

It's annoying me how many wrestling related things clash while I'm there. Lots of choices need to be made.

I am going to the Axxess that starts at 6pm on the 31st, but my flight doesn't arrive until 1.30pm and can't check into hotel until 3pm, so the reason I want to be sure where to collect the tickets from is I won't have that much time for fannying about once I arrive. Gonna have to check into the hotel and leave almost straight away to get the train to the venue.

Cheers for that, will have to look into that.

Aye, I imagine it'll be a book signing, so I'd definitely be up for that if there's time amongst so much other stuff.

The excitment is definatley buidling now :thumbsup:

Im definatley gonna try to get to the fanfest after Midday Madness. I have got no clue on how to get to Center Stage though? Anyone have any decent directions?

Definatley going to fit Wrestlereunion in on the Sunday. Only really want photo ops so so doubt ill go VIP. Really want to meet Steiner, Kamala & Mickie James though.

Depends where your staying obviously, Im just getting the metro from the hotel. Its on the same long road I believe so won't take too long at all, its just a smidge more than Id consider walking. Google maps is pretty good, Im used it to plan out my way around pretty much everything. Im also going ROH on the friday and kind of gutted I didnt go to the saturday aswell and just do Axxess all sunday. I was then going to try and get to the Dragon Gate USA show on the sunday but the venue seems to be a bit far out from the congress centre unless Im missing something?

Anyway, well excited for this, have 16 carat in germany next weekend to break up the wait though :) What are you guys doing about getting back your mania chairs that get included in the packages? and Ive never been to America before, doesnt seem to be complicated with visas or anything so I should be safe to just sort it when I arrive at atlanta airport?

Archived