UKFF'ers going to WrestleMania Thread

Ross

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im staying at the Days Inn Downtown, mostly cause its cheap. Trip advisor gives it fairly naff reviews, but again, its cheap and breakfast is included. Im only going for a long weekend and the rest of the time i'll be out and about, so who cares if the hotel is a bit run down.

from the looks of things its only a 15 to 20 minute walk to the georgia dome, and if i cant be bothered to walk, a taxi wont cost too much. And its also only 3 miles from centre stage if ur heading over to the ROH shows.

I'm at the Best Western Atlanta Airport East. Not the cheapest and wouldn't have been my first choice, but a bunch of guys I met at WM26 were already booked in, so figured it'd be (a) easy and quick to reach to relax after the long flight, and (b) handy to pool taxis where required. If you end up here, send me a PM. There's about 8 of us. We're clubbing together for a stretch limo/hummer to take us to the Dome on the sunday too if you're interested. Drive round the blocks for an hour or two, few bevvies, then Wrestlemania.

Edit: also has a complimentary shuttle to/from the airport and MARTA station too, which is a nice bonus. I'd missed that the first time round

I've booked the Castleberry Inn, and the reviews are dire, so I'm appreciating seeing some suggestions.

I say dire, but apparently it's in the ghetto, and, call girls/drug dealers are common place here. So slightly worried, would like to go somewhere which is a tad nicer. Shame cos it's within a stones throw to the dome.

Matbro : How much approx is the best western? Would be prepared to pay a bit more knowing there would be more wrestling fans there, would feel safer.

Likewise, other guys, what prices approximately are you paying?

Thanks again for the help folks!

im staying at the Days Inn Downtown, mostly cause its cheap. Trip advisor gives it fairly naff reviews, but again, its cheap and breakfast is included. Im only going for a long weekend and the rest of the time i'll be out and about, so who cares if the hotel is a bit run down.

from the looks of things its only a 15 to 20 minute walk to the georgia dome, and if i cant be bothered to walk, a taxi wont cost too much. And its also only 3 miles from centre stage if ur heading over to the ROH shows.

Thats where I'm staying mate. It seems like an absolute shit hole! Not bothered though, it's only a place to crash.

• Paid Members
I've booked the Castleberry Inn, and the reviews are dire, so I'm appreciating seeing some suggestions.

I say dire, but apparently it's in the ghetto, and, call girls/drug dealers are common place here. So slightly worried, would like to go somewhere which is a tad nicer. Shame cos it's within a stones throw to the dome.

Matbro : How much approx is the best western? Would be prepared to pay a bit more knowing there would be more wrestling fans there, would feel safer.

So you'll be close to the Dome, call girls, AND dealers?

So you'll be close to the Dome, call girls, AND dealers?

As awesome as that may seem, I think I'm going to have to pass on that one! hah.. I'm not long after a big operation and don't really want a stressful trip.

From a few forums I'm on, locals have told me to stay well clear, and, I can't find any other WMers that are staying there.

Ideally would love a hotel where I KNOW some WM goers are (hopefully Brits).

Gonna investigate Days Inn downtown too.

So jealous guys, hope everyone from the UKFF has a great time at Mania.

It may sound weird, but this time of year always brings back the memories of the countdowns to WrestleMania

I'm all booked up for the Platinum Package so will be in Atlanta from Friday until the Tuesday. RAW, Hall of Fame, 2 Axxess tickets, Morning Madness, and of course the big show are all included. Guaranteed first 10 rows ringside, so it should be sublime.

Also looking forward to Sunday to Friday in Orlando beforehand, and all that entails, plus trying to find in something that's non-WWE into Atlanta (CNN tour and/or Coca Cola tour spring to mind).

It will be really strange - first time ever at a Wrestlemania, but been a fan since 1990 or 1991. Been to countless shows, but I think the Wrestlemania experience will crystalise everything.

Being there, doing it, and buying the tshirt rather than reading about other people's greatly recorded experiences, can't wait :thumbsup:

I'm going with two mates. One has never watched wrestling in his life.

Flying to London on the Wed night to catch a flight in the morning direct to Atlanta. Hopefully spend the Thursday sussing the place out and then go out for a bevy at night. Friday we've got ROH tickets, Saturday we'll hopefully do the Axxess (if theres still tickets left? Not bought them yet), HOF at night then on the Sunday I'll try and get to the Wrestlereunion and obviously mania at night. Got good seats for Raw on the monday then home time on the Tuesday.

Has anyone else figured out any other things to do, non-wrestling wise throughout the weekend? How much is everybody taking? I'm aiming to take about $900 seeing as I've paid for most of my tickets etc.

Archived