UKFF'ers going to WrestleMania Thread

Ross

Hate to put a dampener on things or add doubt, but assume where possible you boys and girls have avoided BA?

Doesn't look like the staff are out of the strike woods.

Beyond that let's hope there's no volcanic ash to contend with this spring!

I'm with Delta :) BA are insanely expensive aswell, so would only book with them if I had a hell of a lot of disposable income...

At the time I booked there was the strange conundrum of 4 airlines being identical prices give or take less than a quid!

Ended up booking with Continental purely for the travel time and length benefits.

For the first time today I truly see this trip as being close. In a sense its nearer for me as I'm spending almost a week in Orlando beforehand.

Funnily enough I think I'm flying with Delta from Orlando to Atlanta - the day after booked with them I read a wrestler say on Twitter something along the lines of "Delta stands for 'Don't expect luggage to arrive' - hope for all our sakes this isn't a common theme!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally took the plunge today and booked the Sheraton Downtown Atlanta. I'd looked at that Castleberry Inn originally, but the reviews aren't favourable at all. I can't see my wife appreciating the call girls.

The Sheraton looks a far better bet, for a couple of hundred quid more, and is not far from all the events. Buzzing now, flying direct from Heathrow on Friday 1st.

I know that the ESTA Visa Waivers are valid for two years, but is there anyway of getting proof that you applied for one last year? I've never had to show proof of having one in the past, but I've always carried a printed copy of the acceptance page, just in case.

Go to the ESTA website and put in yr details (Name, Passport Number, DoB etc) and it will tell you if yr ESTA is still valid. You can then print that off.

Thanks for that, didn't realise that you could access it without the application number. I've been able to update it with this years destination, too. That's saved me a couple of quid as I was going to do it again, so thanks again.

Hate to put a dampener on things or add doubt, but assume where possible you boys and girls have avoided BA?

I'm with Delta :) BA are insanely expensive aswell, so would only book with them if I had a hell of a lot of disposable income...

At the time I booked there was the strange conundrum of 4 airlines being identical prices give or take less than a quid!

Ended up booking with Continental purely for the travel time and length benefits.

For the first time today I truly see this trip as being close. In a sense its nearer for me as I'm spending almost a week in Orlando beforehand.

Funnily enough I think I'm flying with Delta from Orlando to Atlanta - the day after booked with them I read a wrestler say on Twitter something along the lines of "Delta stands for 'Don't expect luggage to arrive' - hope for all our sakes this isn't a common theme!

Yeah Delta for me too. The only downer is that you have to pay for alcohol, and if you like a drink, (which I, erm, do) then it can cost you a few quid.

I flew Delta to Orlando a few years ago, and had no problem with my luggage.

Finally took the plunge today and booked the Sheraton Downtown Atlanta. I'd looked at that Castleberry Inn originally, but the reviews aren't favourable at all. I can't see my wife appreciating the call girls.

The Sheraton looks a far better bet, for a couple of hundred quid more, and is not far from all the events. Buzzing now, flying direct from Heathrow on Friday 1st.

I know that the ESTA Visa Waivers are valid for two years, but is there anyway of getting proof that you applied for one last year? I've never had to show proof of having one in the past, but I've always carried a printed copy of the acceptance page, just in case.

Go to the ESTA website and put in yr details (Name, Passport Number, DoB etc) and it will tell you if yr ESTA is still valid. You can then print that off.

Thanks for that, didn't realise that you could access it without the application number. I've been able to update it with this years destination, too. That's saved me a couple of quid as I was going to do it again, so thanks again.

Yeah Delta for me too. The only downer is that you have to pay for alcohol, and if you like a drink, (which I, erm, do) then it can cost you a few quid.

I think Delta operate a lot of flights for that route, because they Codeshare, found that even if you book with KLM for example, you're on a Delta flight.

Either way, I'm now getting excited, It's getting closer :D

Beer and Wine is complimentary on flights of 6 Hours or more. :)

Are you sure? I've always paid for alcohol, when flying with American airlines (in general, that is not just American Airlines). The only times it's been included is when I've flown BA or Virgin. It's usually 5 bucks a drink.

Are you sure? I've always paid for alcohol, when flying with American airlines (in general, that is not just American Airlines). The only times it's been included is when I've flown BA or Virgin. It's usually 5 bucks a drink.

According to Delta's website, it says that international flights of 6 Hours or more, Wine/Beer is complimentary. Spirits, it doesn't mention, but certainly the Delta website states its comp :)

Im flying Delta to Friday-Tuesday for my second Wrestlemania.

Itching to go now.

Got Silver package and staying at the Marriott.

Doing Axxess Friday night with VIP Cena Tickets.

Saturday Morning Madness, Axxess & Hall Of Fame

Sunday Axxess with HBK VIP Tickets, Wrestlereunion & Mania

Monday-Raw but also wanna try get to Abudullah ribs house.

Anyone found any decent bars out there which are showing any football games? Im desperate on the offchance I may find a pub with sky for the QPR/Shef Utd game on the Monday. :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

I'm flying BA due to being in their air miles program, but I do think their staff need a kick up the ass and stop causing everybody so much hassle. Aren't they supposed to be the best paid air hostesses out there? I'm praying they don't strike, but at the end of the day, I'm heading over very early so I'm not in any danger of missing Mania unless they were to strike for about 3 weeks. And if they strike when I'm due to come home, it'll hardly bother me as I get a longer holiday.

I'm flying BA due to being in their air miles program, but I do think their staff need a kick up the ass and stop causing everybody so much hassle. Aren't they supposed to be the best paid air hostesses out there? I'm praying they don't strike, but at the end of the day, I'm heading over very early so I'm not in any danger of missing Mania unless they were to strike for about 3 weeks. And if they strike when I'm due to come home, it'll hardly bother me as I get a longer holiday.

Don't count on it, last year as soon as I landed I got a text to say my return flight was cancelled. BAs offer was a flight back on the Friday before Mania! I ended up flying back a day early on a different airline with a 5 hour stopover in Chicago, BA booked and paid for it but I wasn't too impressed as I paid a premium to fly direct! If I hadn't taken that flight they were saying a week or more before they could fly me back.

Also it's worth people checking their travel insurance as I believe it's only people on packages who get put up in a hotel if their flight is hit by a strike. You might also want to check if your work will hit you for extra days leave, some people I know got away with an extra week off without losing any holiday entitlement!

I wish I was going this year now instead of next year! What are the chances of getting tickets for this year on the off chance I could pull it off?

Given that there are tickets still on general sale, pretty good. I'd get in quick now though. After yesterday's revelation I'd have thought ticket sales will speed up.

• Paid Members
I wish I was going this year now instead of next year! What are the chances of getting tickets for this year on the off chance I could pull it off?

Given that there are tickets still on general sale, pretty good. I'd get in quick now though. After yesterday's revelation I'd have thought ticket sales will speed up.

Cheers. Are there any package things left with stuff like fanaxxes and the hall of fame and flights?

Archived