UKFF'ers going to WrestleMania Thread

Ross

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Highlight for me was this, taken outside Gold's Gym:

208839_10150216382690767_534425766_9050750_3807199_n.jpg

Had started going to every Mania from 20, but last year (because of funding issues) I decided to skip it. Thanks to the commentary, that frankly runined HBK Taker 2 for me, I promised myself I'm not missing another if i'm able to go.

I'd urge everyone on here to go at least once, but watch out, you'll become hooked.

While Mania itself this year wasn't the best, it was still good to be there live, and the whole weekend as a package was fantastic (HOF, Axxess, Raw etc).

I agree with comments that the crowd didn't come across as well on TV as it did live, but we were sat on our hands for a bit during the main event waiting for Rock to make his appearence.

Counting down the days until Miami 2012 now!

• Paid Members

It was the Friday morning before Mania, about 10am. I'd just left the hotel to find a bank to change some Trav Cheques and as I walked past the Gym, there he was huddled in the corner talking to some random bloke.

He was very nice, especialy considering his car had just arrived to take him somewhere, and said no problem to a quick photo. I guess it helped that I waited until he saw me and asked me to come over, rather then just shoving my iPod in his face while he was talking to someone. I shook his hand and wished him luck for Sunday (what a mark eh), took a photo for the random bloke, and he dived in the car and off he went.

He came across like a class act I must say. I had been a bit gutted that I missed out on the VIP tickets for signings with him, HBK and Taker, but this made up for it for sure.

I was buzzin afterwards, shaking a bit if i'm honest. Ran back to the hotel to stick the pic on Facebook and gloat to all my friends and family, none of whom would come to the ATL with me (i'd have been gutted if I lost my camera before I had it stored somewhere!).

• Paid Members

This year was my third in a row and I still love it. The whole weekend is great and I was pleased we had decided to go along to ROH this year. I think I preferred the two previous Wrestlemanias to this years but it was still great to be in attendance. Meeting wrestlers and divas at axxess just doesn't get old, but the highlight for me was meeting Chris Hero at the concessions stand inside the Georgia Dome. What a charming bloke.

• Paid Members
This year was my third in a row and I still love it. The whole weekend is great and I was pleased we had decided to go along to ROH this year. I think I preferred the two previous Wrestlemanias to this years but it was still great to be in attendance. Meeting wrestlers and divas at axxess just doesn't get old, but the highlight for me was meeting Chris Hero at the concessions stand inside the Georgia Dome. What a charming bloke.

He was at The HOF as well and I'm guessing the other shows. I feel terrible in a way because I knew I recognized him, but just didn't click at the time who it was. Anyway, at the HOF he was talking to a few people and you could tell straight away he came across as a top bloke, asking people how they were and talking to one of them about how their training was going or something along those lines. Thumbs up for Mr. Hero!

He was at The HOF as well and I'm guessing the other shows. I feel terrible in a way because I knew I recognized him, but just didn't click at the time who it was. Anyway, at the HOF he was talking to a few people and you could tell straight away he came across as a top bloke, asking people how they were and talking to one of them about how their training was going or something along those lines. Thumbs up for Mr. Hero!

I don't think anyone should feel bad about not recognising people - the whole weekend was spent walking by familiar WWE faces notwithstanding the indy guys around the area, it was a case of walking by a 'somebody' a few times a day.

I feel exactly the same way. I walked straight past Keiran Culkin from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World as i was returning to my seat during the inter-gender six man tag. And i bloody love that movie!

Arrived at 2pm on the Saturday from Glasgow and went to our hotel in Morrow just outside Atlanta. Went straight to CNN centre for some good banter before the HOF with other fans. It was great watching the stars walk in to take their seats such as Flair, DDP etc Im sure I saw McMahon shaking hands before heading backstage. On the way out we met the guy from IYH podcast and WCW commentator Scott Hudson - who was a really nice guy. Afterwards we walked around looking for somewhere to bevvy and made the mistake of going into the Atlanta Underground. We were in suits and the only whiteboys - talk about outoftowners! we did an about turn asked about and headed to a club called Opera in Midtown - which was class.

Sunday - up for breakfast and made some signs for Mania. My mate gave us and many older fans a laugh by dressing as Rick Martel - complete with functioning can of ARROGANCE! Great atmosphere pre-mania - had beers in CNN centre and good banter with the crowd. Mania lived up to my expectations - I thought the matches were great and the spectacle was awesome. Great to see Cena lose too! Afterwards we thought we'd get the Marta to midtown where there are alot of good bars (cos nothing is about outside Dome/Arena area) however there was absolutely nothing open because it was a Sunday! So we taxi's it back to the hotel.

Mon Raw - we did much the same - aftwerwards had to wait over an hour for a train due to severe weather causing blackouts. So post RAW bevvy was off the cards.

Next day we drove to Nashville, TN which was excellent. We planned to head to Memphis and alabama too but had so much we deceided to stay for 3 days. If you get the chance top go to Nashville take it. Crackin bars and great people - very friendly and laid back. Did the Ryman Auditorium - where my mates sang the Big Bossman Tune on stage! (soon on youtube) and the Country Music Hall of Fame - where I was surprised to find The KLF have a silver disc from their collaboration with Tammy Wynette!

Went back to Atlanta for a final night before flight home. Went to see Atlanta Braves v Phillies - another highlight of the trip - it was excellent. 50,000 people having a party - and the chicks were out of this world!!! All the baseball traditions were there National anthem, great hot dogs, take me out to the ball game, God Save America, legend doing the first pitch even US aircraft doing a flyover at the national anthem. Would defo attend baseball again.

After game went midtown to Opear nightclub again - great laugh and awesome chiquitas!

Flight home was only negative as Atlanta had runway issues causing a delay that made us miss our transfer in Paris (not a nice airport) finally got home to Glasgow via Edinburgh at 7Pm Sunday. Great trip - best holiday Ive ever been on. Cant wait for Miami!

BTW, I think the rumours that there was more to the HHH/taker match are true.

During the match there was various steward managers and production crew that kept coming to the stewards in our section (Risers), and explained about a fight in the crowd due to happen. But it didnt happen :(

I feel exactly the same way. I walked straight past Keiran Culkin from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World as i was returning to my seat during the inter-gender six man tag. And i bloody love that movie!

We also saw him walking in the direction of the Hard Rock after the show. He was also in Phoenix last year if memory serves

Archived