UKFF'ers going to WrestleMania Thread

Ross

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monday was spent doing the World of Coke tour - as someone above posted the 4d show was entertaining, and wouldn't have been out of place in Universal or Hollywood Studios in Orlando. Of course tried every drink on offer from around the world, and think there was only 1 I didn't favour!

Beverly by any chance? :p

Crikey, yeah Beverly didn't taste good at all. There was a Melon one as well that may have been worse.

I just wanna point something out now, as it's been pissing me off for the last couple of days.

It amazes me that we had more trouble with our journey from Gatwick airport to our home in Essex (less than 2 hours) than we had with a whole week of travel in Atlanta. Buying tickets in Atlanta was easier, the staff are actually friendly and helpful, it's amazingly cheaper to the point where it actually takes the piss how expensive it is here. It cost us more for that 90 minute journey home than it did for a week of travel (train and bus) all over Atlanta. Big Rob was given the wrong ticket at Gatwick airport and it then took over 20 minutes to get it changed, we missed our train by literally 5 seconds because the ticket gate didn't work for me. Really soured us even moreso on having to come home. London can really learn a lot from Atlanta's public transport system. Sure it's smaller etc, but it just seemed world class compared to London Underground.

Off topic I know, but it's been on my mind.

I just wanna point something out now, as it's been pissing me off for the last couple of days.

It amazes me that we had more trouble with our journey from Gatwick airport to our home in Essex (less than 2 hours) than we had with a whole week of travel in Atlanta. Buying tickets in Atlanta was easier, the staff are actually friendly and helpful, it's amazingly cheaper to the point where it actually takes the piss how expensive it is here. It cost us more for that 90 minute journey home than it did for a week of travel (train and bus) all over Atlanta. Big Rob was given the wrong ticket at Gatwick airport and it then took over 20 minutes to get it changed, we missed our train by literally 5 seconds because the ticket gate didn't work for me. Really soured us even moreso on having to come home. London can really learn a lot from Atlanta's public transport system. Sure it's smaller etc, but it just seemed world class compared to London Underground.

Off topic I know, but it's been on my mind.

Agreed.

The MARTA was awesome. Cheap as chips to move about, regular service. and a law against playing music without headphones.. Win.

What a fantastic weekend. Absolutely first class! Atlanta was the finest host city for a WrestleMania that I've been to thus far.

Ok, couple of quick questions for anyone else that was there.

First off, bit of a cheeky one, but I don't suppose that anyone brought back one of those "Finally The Rock has returned to WrestleMania 27" T-shirts that they would consider selling? I 'bought' one down at Mania along with a ton of other stuff, only when I checked next day, she'd given me the wrong shirt. Gutted.

Secondly, was anyone else involved in the 'escalator' incident at Atlanta airport after getting in on the 13:00 from Heathrow on Friday? Some daft cow with a suitcase decided to converse with her mates instead of watching for the escalator reaching the bottom. Her case went over, she went over her case, her mates went over her, my missus went down, then me, it was like human dominoes! Just wondered if anyone else saw it, quite funny in hindsight, but quite frightening at the time!

I cant believe how on the ball WWE with their match. Mania merchandise all week, but I decided that I would wait until RAW to get all my stuff (Mania tee or hoody etc). Turned up at RAW and you would never have guessed WM was the night prior - it was all RAW superstar merch including Sin Car gear. Was gutted!

How did this all end? Was the escalator button pushed?

Luckily the two lads behind us had the time, and the foresight, to keep stepping back and I think we were the last of the casualties. It was a bit strange at the time, the woman who caused it all just stood with her mates dusting herself down, as we passed her handbag back to her without acknowledgement. It was only as we walked off, and the seriousness sunk in, that I started to get angry at the silly bints lack of remorse. My wife had a right bruise on her shin, she was actually trying to find the stop button, which led to her getting caught up in it. I tried to be clever, and jump over everyone. And failed miserably!

I cant believe how on the ball WWE with their match. Mania merchandise all week, but I decided that I would wait until RAW to get all my stuff (Mania tee or hoody etc). Turned up at RAW and you would never have guessed WM was the night prior - it was all RAW superstar merch including Sin Car gear. Was gutted!

They always do this. The Mania merch is always exclusive to Axxess and Mania, then Raw returns to the ordinairy stuff. I was surprised this year at how much of the newer stuff was still available at Raw, normally it's like a totally different selection.

Absolutley gutted at missing out on that Rock T-shirt, I'm keeping my eye on ebay, but to no avail. Incidentally, there are a couple of 'I was there' T-shirts on ebay. Along with a hoody, always my first purchase!

I know a guy in WWE merchandising who was saying that they'd completely sold out of the plain grey WM27 shirts in male and female sizes at Axxess alone. Switching straight over to bog-standard Raw merch the night after WM is the done thing because it encourages fans to get their merch early doors at Axxess/Mania itself (the former giving WWE Merchandising a better idea of how much inventory to have on the big day itself), and also it gives the fans who missed out a reason to place supplemental orders via the online shop. Case in point - the aforementioned grey WM27 shirts are still available online, albeit the more unique, one-time shirts like HBK's HOF shirt and Rock's Wrestlemania shirts are gone and not coming back

I know a guy in WWE merchandising who was saying that they'd completely sold out of the plain grey WM27 shirts in male and female sizes at Axxess alone.

I was there for Axxess on night 1, one of the first non VIP people to get through and to the merch desk and i can assure you they had no plain grey Wrestlemania t-shirts for sale at all. I had to order mine through wweshop.com when i got back to the hotel.

I wouldn't be surprised if a decision was made not to sell the grey t-shirt at axxess/mania seeing as it was an identical design to the hoody.

I know a guy in WWE merchandising who was saying that they'd completely sold out of the plain grey WM27 shirts in male and female sizes at Axxess alone.

I was there for Axxess on night 1, one of the first non VIP people to get through and to the merch desk and i can assure you they had no plain grey Wrestlemania t-shirts for sale at all. I had to order mine through wweshop.com when i got back to the hotel.

I wouldn't be surprised if a decision was made not to sell the grey t-shirt at axxess/mania seeing as it was an identical design to the hoody.

Wow, then that really is shit. I don't really see the benefit of getting people to place orders of certain WM products online. I guess they're hoping you'll get suckered in with other offers like the sale stuff (to make your delivery cost worth it?). Still though, makes little sense to not even bring them to sell. I saw a lot of people wearing them all weekend, they can't all have bought them online surely? That said, I wasn't at Axxess at all and the definitely didn't have them at HOF/Mania

One of the cheekier bootleg t shirt sellers unwittingly entered the Hyatt trying to flog his wares, in full view of various WWE staff members. Over the course of the weekend they confiscated over 4000 t shirts from various street and shop sellers across the city, that guy included. Pretty heavy handed if you ask me but on the other hand they were undercutting them.

Wow, then that really is shit. I don't really see the benefit of getting people to place orders of certain WM products online. I guess they're hoping you'll get suckered in with other offers like the sale stuff (to make your delivery cost worth it?). Still though, makes little sense to not even bring them to sell. I saw a lot of people wearing them all weekend, they can't all have bought them online surely? That said, I wasn't at Axxess at all and the definitely didn't have them at HOF/Mania

One of the cheekier bootleg t shirt sellers unwittingly entered the Hyatt trying to flog his wares, in full view of various WWE staff members. Over the course of the weekend they confiscated over 4000 t shirts from various street and shop sellers across the city, that guy included. Pretty heavy handed if you ask me but on the other hand they were undercutting them.

If that's what was confiscated I wonder how many got through the net and were sold.

Throughout the weekend the chat seemed to be $10, reducing to $5 after every show. Suppose there's money to be made though!

I saw some people wearing the grey tee's at the airport before mania and before the Axxess event. So they had indeed purchased online before going. It's a shame there was no grey tee's with "I was there" on them because i prefer that t-shirt design to the navy blue one.

My one gripe about the merch was that they didn't stock any size small merchandise for anything.

I didnt really like much of the Mania merchandise. The design on the grey shirts look very faded and worn and the blue I was there shirt was a bit dull im my book.

I waited until the Sunday where I picked up the event shirt with the card on which is really cool and goes with my WM 25 one.Im a bit dissapointed I never picked up a HHH/Taker shirt now, the design on the back in particular looked really cool.

Over the weekend I did also pick up Rock, HBK and Cenas Red tee.

Anyone going to order one of those mini plaque with tickets stubs off WWEShop? They look pretty cool and I have a $25 gift voucher still to use.

Archived