UKFF'ers going to WrestleMania Thread

Ross

Dean Malenko has a stare that could kill. Walked past him in Hard Rock Cafe and he stared at me as if to say "Don't even think about asking for a photo". I wasn't planning on doing so seeing as he was with his family but still. Also saw Jimmy Hart walk past the window we were sitting at. Bizarre times.

Fan Axxess is a lot of fun. The only disappointing thing is that they don't stock any merchandise in Men's size small. Why not? Merch was cheap in all fairness to them though. And they had all of the JR's BBQ sauce selection for sale.

We bumped into Todd Grisham and Joey Styles walking around the floor and they happily took photos.

We also queued up for photos with LayCool. Layla is incredibly stunning up close. Also she leant down and we got an eyeful of her pink underwear. Winning.

The displays are very cool, memorabilia is a very cool exhibit. They had a nice collection of Davey Boy Smith items on display. There was a ring set up matches; Santino and Koslov beat The Uso's and Daniel Bryan beat Ted DiBiase. CM Punk and Kane both did Q&A's. Punk wasn't comfortable answering the questions like "Who was your toughest opponent" but happily spoke about ROH and IWA: Mid South. He even encouraged people to go to the ROH show.

Another good day in Atlanta.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Axxess was awesome.

Met Alberto Del Rio, Ricardo Rodriguez, Michael Cole, Jack Swagger, Jim Duggan, Chris Masters, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel and Hornswoggle. Saw Daniel Bryan vs. Ted DiBiase from the front row, and most importantly won 2 tickets to Wrestlemania!

Atlanta is a really nice place too, so far.

• Paid Members

Greetings from Clearwater Beach in Florida.

Gentleman, a question about fan axxess tickets. Are they for all day or are they for a specific portion of the day? On my confirmation it says 8am, but is that really when it starts? It's madness if so.

So far it's been raining here every day except for today, fucking blinding weather. 8 hour drive back up to Georgia tonight, kipping over at a truck stop to save the pennies. Winning.

I'm actually excited for you all, sounds like it's going to be really good.

Is it better to get travel packages or book separately? Are you likely to get ringside tickets in a platinum travel package? How would you likely get ringside tickets otherwise?

I'm planning on staying out in Miami for a couple of weeks for next year's Mania. Personally, I'm not too fussed about the hotel but I imagine the platinum package usually come with decent hotels? I imagine you get closer seats with the platinum package too? Raw tickets are included in the travel package too, aren't they?

Finally got to our hotel. Immigration, passport control, and a secondary bag check at the airport - 2 more hours wasted. The flight itself was one of the bumpiest I've had the misfortune of being on, complete with passengers vomiting due to airsickness. Great way to sap the enthusiasm right out of me.

Sleeping on it now, off into town tomorrow to pick up my willcall tickets and meet up with some buddies from last year.

Atlanta airport is a pain in the arse!

However annoying security was, getting bags re-checked, my DX football top got some attention. The security guys were all giving me DX chat, which was nice! Good laugh in the end.

Flight was bumpy, but, I enjoyed it! Didn't see many OBVIOUS Wm goers, but, I'm glad i'm here now.

NEARLY saw Gene Okerlund at the airport. Saw a guy with a card waiting to pick him up. Turned my back and he had gone :( Bah!

Ahh well. I'm here tho!!!

Ring of Honor was a fun show, but there are no worse kind of wrestling fan that the typical Ring of Honor fan. Although, most the fans are proper fans, just a shame about the few who think they're the show.

Went to World of Coca Cola today too, which was amazing. Atlanta continues to be a really nice place.

Also went to the Road Warrior Animal book signing which was pretty cool too.

Ring of Honor was a fun show, but there are no worse kind of wrestling fan that the typical Ring of Honor fan. Although, most the fans are proper fans, just a shame about the few who think they're the show.

I went to a ROH show in NY a few years back and I thought the crowd were great. Best atmosphere I've experienced at a wrestling show.

The sutra lounge with big kev, xpac, roadogg and raven was a happening last night. My head is hanging off now but it was worth it!

What was that like then, did you get to meet them all?

Finally got to our hotel. Immigration, passport control, and a secondary bag check at the airport - 2 more hours wasted. The flight itself was one of the bumpiest I've had the misfortune of being on, complete with passengers vomiting due to airsickness. Great way to sap the enthusiasm right out of me.

Sleeping on it now, off into town tomorrow to pick up my willcall tickets and meet up with some buddies from last year.

It might not be worth wasting time picking your tickets up in the afternoon. I used Will Call a few times in 2009 and the desks only opened about 2 hours before showtime. I'd spend your day having fun around town, then just head to the arena an hour earlier in the afternoon. Like go for 5 if the doors are at 6, that sort of thing.

Archived