'Nuttiest' wrestler in history?

Snitsky's back acne

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tiger Jeet Singh use to scrare the bejesus out of me, as did Leatherface during my misspent youth watching IWA. I also remember seeing Yoshi Kwan in the magazines and vowed never to watch him wrestle. I actuallly did some years later and he was the drizzlings.

Necro Butcher.

A match was taken down on Youtube of him and Drake Younger. He took a suplex from the top rope to the concrete, got dropped on his head twice, and was took a vertebreaker from the top rope onto the spine of two upright chairs. That and his deathmatch antics, I would vote this guy.

• Paid Members
Having seen DJ Hyde stick syringes in the face of Thumbtack Jack I decided that T.Jack is without question the most insane, mentally disturbed wrestler I had ever seen....until I saw Big Japan's Abdullah Kobayashi get two 'kenzo's' hammered into his skull, at which point I quickly changed my mind.

This kind of stuff makes me sad. I love pro wrestling because its people pretending to fight each other. Actually doing this shit is retarded.

I sense the spirit of the question is "which wrestler does/did the stupidest stuff to hurt themselves in the name of entertaining their blood thirsty audience" but in terms of "who has lost their mind..."

In character : Pillman.

Out of character : Skeikie baby.

If you disagree that make you the jabroni gay, I fuck your ass put you in camel clutch make you humble.

until I saw Big Japan's Abdullah Kobayashi get two 'kenzo's' hammered into his skull, at which point I quickly changed my mind.

I somehow "missed" this match... and I think you may be right. I also sicked in my mouth a bit watching them remove the spikes... and I have a horrible feeling somewhere down the line someone will want to top it, and pay the ultimate price.

until I saw Big Japan's Abdullah Kobayashi get two 'kenzo's' hammered into his skull, at which point I quickly changed my mind.

I somehow "missed" this match... and I think you may be right. I also sicked in my mouth a bit watching them remove the spikes... and I have a horrible feeling somewhere down the line someone will want to top it, and pay the ultimate price.

Oh God, that was horrific!

I mean, those spikes must have gone in to his skull - unless he has a lot of head fat!

• Paid Members

As a character I'd suggest Funk. Now I love funk, so I may be biased, but theres something about the way he does things that just feels erratic and slightly mental. Him just rolling out and throwing chairs willy nilly all over the shop for example is something I love as it tends to look so reckless and mental no sensible person would do it, how he moves and what he says just makes me loose my self and believe he is slightly mental even though I know he's not.

As far as just doing stupid shit theres far to many to pick from, sadly.

Surely Jun Kasai, no?

Anyone doubting it needs to watch this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkvYPT9W4aM

Yeah, i'd agree with that. He's been at that crazy shit since about the days of the famous Honma/Yamakawa matches which must be about 12 years ago now. Even before the Monkeyboy gimmick he was off his nut, and he would do any kind of disgusting stunt, whether it involved sharp stuff, fire, or falling from heights - he just didn't give a fuck. If it was likely to cause hideous amounts of pain and make viewers wince, he was good for it.

The saddest thing is, he was actually one of the few who were actually good. He had no need to do all that to himself - he was a good wrestler, had a fun gimmick, and was pretty charismatic. He could have had a perfectly decent career as a straight/comedy wrestler on the Japanese indies (and probably made as much money) without subjecting himself to all that shit on such a regular basis for so long.

To be honest, i suspect he (and others of his ilk) must have some kind of mental illness. A high pain threshold is one thing, but he was just fucking deranged.

Archived