Mornington Crescent

Carbomb

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I thought riverboats were locked.

While we wait for the man himself to let us know if he's going to appeal or not, I'll make another move in case it stands:

Mill Hill East

They can't be, because they've been used in the game.

However, your move to Mill Hill East allowed me to draw the tourist card, which has got me out of Nidd, but into the disused British Museum. I'm not entirely sure where that puts me in the larger scheme of things.

• Paid Members

I'm not appealing. Which is opposite to what many women would say about me, but hey-ho.

Anyway, with the play for Camden Town, I think I can approach from an opposite vector and say:

Warren Street

Having been released from Nidd on Feb 24, but not having been made to play a move since, I can use a transubstantiated vector to change at Kings Cross and get myself to.....

Mornington Crescent

You may be wondering how on earth I could have pulled off a move, but if I tell you that I completed my Census today, this is a perfectly legal move.

Yes, I have played a move only permitted once every ten years. Read it and weep, suckers, as I bask in my MC glory.

Impressive finale there, suffice to say I wouldn't have thought of it. Well played!

On to the next round, which for the sake of simplicity will be under the Woodroff-Nichols interpretation of the Imperial rules. Interchanges are anticlockwise only, out of county travel is not permitted, and no powerplay cards under any circumstances. Nidd is double deep for the first round. Zone 5 is wild, the Hammersmith & City line can only be used Eastbound and the Bank-Monument interchange is considered a move unto istelf. Canary Wharf is out of bounds, as are all stations east of Canning Town on the south branch of the DLR extension. A bus replacement will serve between Beckton and Gallions Reach. Shepherd's Bush is leaning, Kilburn is fully horizontal. Double shunts are legal, triple shunts are not. Single shunts are possible but frowned upon. Any quadrant shifts must be declared prior to commencing your move. Sectors 12 and 14 are unenforced due to unavailability of staff. Opening moves must take place at an interchange station, unless you start from Nidd. Simple enough. Let's play.

To make things interesting, with my opening move I'm going to start at Euston. Those who followed the highly inventive Wood Green Best Of Seven series of 1977 will realise that by doing so I've sealed off Mornington Crescent from all approaches from the south. Of course, The Geneva addendum of 1981 precludes me for taking a single step in any direction, thus making victory impossible while I'm placed here. It does mean you're going to have to think on your feet to get within striking distance.

Great Victory there, I fear I gifted you that final position through my use of inter-positional opposing play. Just like Spatsky in the 1957 final. Unforgettable, and unforgiveable in this day and age. I will rue this day.

However in this new round I fear you are trying to muddy the waters with your many rules and warnings, I think you have made a classical error with your shunt decrees.

That being said, and having fully researched the combinations avaliable, bearing in mind the quadrant rulings, the spin affecting the normal rolling of the dice and the unseasonally warm weather preventing effective push throughs, I see your Euston combo, and riposte with a daring yet subdued

Gospal Oak

I'll try a seldom seen variant; the "Maltese horizontal gambit" opening. It's usually far too risky as it draws opposing defensive stratagems like a magnet but given the variant rules and Matbro's initial block, I think moving rapidly inside the usual circular guard will be of great benefit unless the game turns into a protracted battle of attrition:

Kentish Town

Seven Sisters

Hmmmm, i don't know if i should take that back. Making such a bold opening move in a game which is a step up in class for me could be suicidal. But I did see the same move last year in Game 4 of the IMCA World Series as part of a incredible West Indies Attack Gambit manouvre. Walter McKenzie was a master....was taken far too soon :/

A rookie mistake, in my eyes Mikey. An experienced player knows that a WIAG can easily be countered with a Flock Thrust, which I am using to leave this game wide open. Impossible to finish in the next few moves and possible to go virtually anywhere when I say:

Victoria

Archived