A former World Champion returns to TNA

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Source: Pwinsider.com

Scott Steiner is returning to TNA on the January 27th episode of iMPACT!.

The angle is being taped tonight.

Life just got better. Even if this is a one shot deal, it will be good to see Scott Steiner back on our TV screens. There wasnt anything ironic or nostalgic about how good he was before he left. He was playing the ultra-thick cunt to a tee. He was banging out quality telly. Chuffed. If he isnt headbutting Ric Flair on Impact as a shoot as his first order of business, I'll be gutted though.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if he'll be on the UK tour?

That would make this tour that bit better! i was a huge fan of his poppa pump gimmick during WCW as well as the early steiners matches. I do fear for the health of him though, he's obviously tore his body apart over the years whilst still maintaining a shedload of muscle!

• Paid Members
I wonder if he'll be on the UK tour?

That would make this tour that bit better! i was a huge fan of his poppa pump gimmick during WCW as well as the early steiners matches. I do fear for the health of him though, he's obviously tore his body apart over the years whilst still maintaining a shedload of muscle!

Well aparently although in some sort of physical pain , (many reported him taking a long time to get in or out of his car the last time he was with TNA), its been said that hes ok finanacially, and does wreslte because he likes to do so. I'm guessing the break he's had away from the ring would of helped him somewhat, but to be honest although i do like scott and am a huge WCW fan, i dont think he should of come back.

TNA need to bring focus on the younger guys to grow forward.

• Paid Members

It's things like this that actually make me tune into wrestling shows. I fucking love Steiner & as previously mentioned, his work in TNA before he left was stellar stuff.

The way he was buried when he came back into WWE was shocking & a massive waste, then again no real surprise given he was a WCW guy.

• Paid Members
The way he was buried when he came back into WWE was shocking & a massive waste

Yeah, the way they booked possibly the best debut of the decade and had their #1 heel run scared of him for 2 months was a total burial. And the way they booked him in another PPV main event the month after he and HHH had one of the worst main event matches of all time was also a burial. Of course, none of it was Scotty's fault at all.

I think this is a wrong move for TNA. There is nothing wrong with Scotty Steiner in small doses, he's entertaining in a car crash way. They just don't need a guy who had his peak years as a worker 19 years ago and his peak as a character 11 years ago. I can fully understand why people who are fans of guys like Steiner and Nash and Sting wasnt to see them, that's not the issue. The issue is that TNA are not progressing and not making stars that people care about. If having Steiner, Nash, Booker T and Sting on TV at the same time doesn't pique the interest of anyone outside your regular audience then surely they don't have any worth to the company on their own. They need to learn these lessons.

Archived