Waylon Lowe vs. Willamy Freire

Charlie Brenneman vs. Amilcar Alves

Will Campuzano vs. Chris Cariaso

Mike Brown vs. Rani Yahya

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

i know we've said this before and sometimes fight cards don't play out like you think they will, but i have no doubts that this card is going to provide fireworks! every fight has 'crowd pleaser' wrote all over it...maybe the UFC is trying to cater for the couple of thousand troops the card is being performed in front of?

Guillard/Dunham could be an early fight of the year contender. Like Stephens did against Marcus Davis i don't see Guillard being cautious like last time (making reference to the Guillard/Dunham fight), both guys are all action it should be a war. Dunham wouldn't be advised to stand with Guillard but i can see him trying. I'll take Dunham by tough decision.

Mitrione/Hague, Beltran/Barry is 4 of the most exciting heavyweights in the UFC, every guy goes and throws heavy shots, i predict KO finishes for Mitrione & Barry.

Miller/Wiman, never guy ever hasa boring fight and this offers what will be probably the technical fight on the main card, should be high paced though and i see Miller winning by a submission around half way through.

Hominick/Roop - i'd put a wager down that on a stacked main card this will take the fight of the night honors, the 135/145'ers are going to clean up in this category all year (would have taken it at UFC 125 if it wasn't for the classic main event). I'll have Hominick by decision.

I got some interest in the prelims too, some new guys coming i wanna check out as well as some decent looking fights:

If Cody McKenzie doesn't slap his guillotine on Yves Edwards early he's going to get fucked up. I know McKenzie is ballsy and will throw down with everyone but surely he aint equipped to deal with someone as schooled as Edwards?

• Paid Members

Another card I'm looking forward to. I'm not familiar with Roop or Hominick. Otherwise every fight has got someone I really enjoy watching in it. Guillard, Mitrione, Barry and Wiman.

Beltran had a good fight with Mitrione last year. Hague doesn't seem like a step up in class for Mitrione though. Still expect both fights to be decent.

• Paid Members

Matt Mitrione is being treated very carefully in terms of opponent, it's weird how certain guys almost seem protected. It's a weird situation though because Mitrione is basically a rookie cutting his teeth in the big leagues (similar to Matt Riddle & Amir Sodollah). Still, if he ain't careful against Tim Hague he's going to get fucked up, Hague is raw as fuck but he hits like a fucking truck.

as for Hominick/Roop - Roop was a contestant on one of the old TUF's he had a couple of fights in the UFC before being dropped, he then cut to 145 and went to the WEC where he did pretty fucking good, including KO'ing the Korean Zombie! Hominick is widely considered to be one of the best technical strikers in MMA, he's a UFC vet. as well. Should be good.

Roop got owned by Sotiropoulos in his first UFC run, so I kinda went "meh" when he was put on the card, but then I saw his KO of the Korean Zombie :O Damn homie can fight! Agreed that every main card fight looks like a crowd pleaser, they're not going to put on "boring" technical fights for the troops. This is probably the best looking Fight Night I've seen in the past 12 months, the UFC cards this year are all looking great.

Picking Dunham by sub, Mitrione by KO, Hominick by dec., Barry by TKO, and Miller by sub :) It's a shame they don't normally throw prelims into the televised portion of UFNs, interested in the Cody vs Edwards fight.

I'm still gutted that Kenny got injured for this. I was really looking forward to that fight. I'm a big fan of both guys and a win would have been meaningful for either guy.

But yeah, should be a cracking card anyway, even though it's not big on name value. Looking forward to it.

• Paid Members

This should be fun. All five main card fights look exciting. Edwards/McKenzie and Brown/Yahya are main card worthy fights too.

I'm thinking Dunham will submit Melvin. Slick submission artists have been Melvin's kryptonite for years and Dunham's got some really good BJJ. If Dunham decides to stand and brawl then I can deffo see Melvin catching him but Dunham's got pretty good striking and a long reach for 155 too so he could be tricky there aswell. I expect a really good fight here with Dunham surviving some rough spots and Guillard eventually falling to a submission in round 2 or 3.

I agree that Hominick/Roop has FOTN potential too, really looking forward to it. I'd expect Hominick to get a title shot with a win here so this is a big fight for him and Roop could really catapult himself into the title picture with another good win so theres a lot at stake. I'm going with Hominick by decision in a back and forth FOTN.

I'm going with Barry and Meathead by stoppage and Wiman in a bit of an upset by KO/TKO.

I'm hoping Mitrione, Miller and Guillard win their respective fights. Mitrione's being given easy fights since he come in but is building a impressive record all the same, I thought TUF 10 had some great characters and I like to see them all do well. Despite beating Pearson in his last fight it made me a Cole Miller fan, I'd like to see him do something out of the win and start climbing up the cards and stop being a gatekeeper in the 155lb division. In terms of entertaining fighters I rank Guillard as one of the best. He swings for the fences and his all round game is very, very impressive. Also, he's 3-0 since joining Greg Jackson's camp and hopefully he too can climb up the card.

• Paid Members

anyone been seeing Joey Beltran's interviews where he says that Pat Barry's gonna have to kill him to take his spot in the UFC...it's brash talk, but Joey Beltran has already proven that he's a tough muthafucker that doesn't stop coming forward, against a technical and powerful striker like Pat Barry i seriously fear for his safety. It's gonna be brutal.

Good, yet odd news. The prelims will be shown live on Facebook:

The UFC Fight for the Troops 2 prelims will air live on Facebook this Saturday night. That's right, Facebook.

The promotion announced on Tuesday that fans will be able to watch the Cody McKenzie (12-0) vs. Yves Edwards (39-16-1) and DaMarques Johnson (16-8) vs. Mike Guymon (13-4-1) fights on the social networking site by simply clicking the "Like" button on the official UFC Facebook page.

If you've been holding out on creating a Facebook account, this would be a good time to sign up because you'll need to be a member of the site in order to watch the fights.

The fights will air live this Saturday on Facebook beginning at 8 PM ET.

UFC: Fight for the Troops 2, also known as UFC Fight Night 23, will be headlined by Evan Dunham vs. Melvin Guillard. The event will take place at Fort Hood in Killeen, Texas, and will serve as a fundraiser for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund

Archived