UFC Fight For The Troops: Dunham vs Guillard * Discussion Thread *

Egg Shen

Madsen's the darkhorse at heavyweight for me. He's got some serious power in his hands, but he's got that strong wrestling base that he can always revert back too, and once he's on top of you he's proven he's pretty hard to shift. I'd fancy over Madsen over Mitrione.

Would not be a good fight for Mitrione. He would get taken down and laid on for 3 rounds imo.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Woke up for Mitrione. Another really strong showing from him. Amazing that he came across as a pussy and a twat in the UF house and yet appears to be neither. Weird guy.

Yes. When Mitrione left the house, I hoped he got beat up big time by Marcus Jones, but that dude is good, and is very likable ever since TUF.

* Beltran/Barry: i enjoyed the fuck outta this, but was i the only one that scored the fight for Beltran? i thought he won the first two rounds and i had him winning 3 until the eye poke and subsequent beat-down.

I was surprised as hell that Barry got a 30-27. I scored it 29-28 in favour of Beltran. As you said, he seemed to be controlling the fight up against the cage and was turning the fight into a brawl when he got the chance. All up until the eye poke and leg destroying.

Agree on both counts.

Mitrione is fun to watch. But who next? I think Brendan Schaub would be a good shout. Both guys like it standing, plus you can play off the whole TUF 10 angle.

I had it 29-28 to Beltran aswell, I honestly don't know what that judge was thinking with 30-27 Barry - just like the Judge who actually gave Cole Miller a round against Wiman.

Tim Hague has said he is seriously thinking about trying to cut to 205.

This is cool - Hague, Barry, Beltran & Mitrione partied together after the show:

2qd7jo8.jpg

Always amazes me that these guys can go from punching and kicking each other to hell to having a good time together in the space of an hour.

that's a great pic. They need to do Barry/Mitrione now and then they've all fought each other.

The UFC just can't catch a break. Dunham loses via a KO after looking good against Sherk, Mike Brown drops another in the prelims, Cole Miller looks like shit and loses. It's just like any time a guy is exciting, gets a bit of spotlight on them and shows some potential to put a run together, they lose. I feat for Jon Jones.

• Paid Members

the UFC gets a contender whoever wins with Jones/Bader.

I don't agree with Mikey's comments though, yeh a couple of guys got knocked down a peg or two on Saturday, but the UFC couldn't have hoped a better result in the Hominick/Roop fight, that set up the first 145 title fight perfectly.

They now have another 155 title contender in Guillard...it was the kind of fight that was gonna make a contender, and Guillard IMO is easily the most marketable of the two.

Also, Mitrione, Barry, Beltran & Wiman also came out of there with their stocks raised off the main card.

As for Mike Brown...that guy just aint having no luck :( i'm hoping the UFC let him get healed up and give him another shot.

Ebb, I guess what I'm saying is over the past few months, we've seen the waters muddied in several divisions because lots of guys can't build on impressive performances. Ross Pearson looked good, Cole Miller beats him. Miller gets beat by Wiman. Hathaway losing to Mike Pyle, Sanchez making a comeback at 170... they are having real trouble finding clear challengers to rise above the pack.

• Paid Members
Ebb, I guess what I'm saying is over the past few months, we've seen the waters muddied in several divisions because lots of guys can't build on impressive performances. Ross Pearson looked good, Cole Miller beats him. Miller gets beat by Wiman. Hathaway losing to Mike Pyle, Sanchez making a comeback at 170... they are having real trouble finding clear challengers to rise above the pack.

I get that. But on the other side I think it's great that we have these 'upsets' (if you can call them that)

It keeps things incredibly fresh and interesting. I wouldn't want anything to become too predictable.

I don't think any of the fighters you've mentioned there really lost too much stock in their recent defeats. It just proves that the talent pool is so rich, and that on their day, anyone can beat anyone.

Archived