Gerry Rafferty Dead

bAzTNM Fan

Aw man this sucks! I remeber a few years ago, me and my old man were drinking with Mr Rafferty,

sound guy. And for those that are interested, 'baker street' was actually about a street in my home town of Dundee that baked meat pies, or 'pehs'.

Otherwise known as Dura street. A Scottish local legend RIP.

Bob Holness has sent his condolences.

Ridiculous that Undercover's cover of "Baker Street" reached higher in the charts than the original.

Rafferty was also part of Stealer's Wheel, that recorded the original of "Stuck in the Middle with You", famously used in Reservoir Dogs and laterly covered by Louise Redknapp.

And for those that are interested, 'baker street' was actually about a street in my home town of Dundee that baked meat pies, or 'pehs'.

What the Fuck? It's not about Baker Street in my home town of motherfucking London?

No. In spite of being in the third person, it's about him struggling to come to terms with being a star, which ironically brought him his greatest success and recognition.

City To City is a fucking great album. Right Down The Line, The Ark and Stealin' Time are superb tracks.

Archived