NXT Season 4

ninevisions

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DBs For the TTs plus wasnt kane debut at bad Blood

The question was badly worded. When Striker said meet, I think he meant as in match which was MW 14, but the way he worded it made me think he also meant Bad Blood 97 as well.

Also wasn't it the New Age Outlaws that shaved the LOD's heads?

I'm watching NXT at the moment and was disappointed in the shitness of the questions.

Link: This video clearly shows Billy Gunn shaving Hawks hair.

I bet the answer on the card was DX. But the Outlaws weren't made members until the Raw following WM13.

• Paid Members
DBs For the TTs plus wasnt kane debut at bad Blood

The question was badly worded. When Striker said meet, I think he meant as in match which was MW 14, but the way he worded it made me think he also meant Bad Blood 97 as well.

Also wasn't it the New Age Outlaws that shaved the LOD's heads?

I'm watching NXT at the moment and was disappointed in the shitness of the questions.

Link: This video clearly shows Billy Gunn shaving Hawks hair.

I bet the answer on the card was DX. But the Outlaws weren't made members until the Raw following WM13.

ironically you are completely incorrect :p

• Awards Moderator

Liked the Brodus-DiBiase match this week - Ted made Brodus look great, and there were one or two awesome suplexes. Also Maryse was there. :love:

The whole "turd" thing was slightly surreal, though.

I voted for Johnny Curtis, but I'm pretty sure he'll be next to go.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a good match (triangle into powerbomb ftw), but I have to admit that as much as I love him, Bateman's not particularly great in the ring. In fact, this whole season of NXT has been dogged by the fact that none of them seem any good in the ring - and this is coming from someone who considered the likes of Heath Slater, Alex Riley and even AJ passable. Brodus in particular looks awful in his general movements. The suplexes are great to see and kind of mask it, but I think he's pretty woeful in almost everything he does.

So yeah...I'm a big NXT fan, but I'll be happy to see this season over with soon.

Hopefully Johnny Curtis - ironically the guy I think is best in the ring (just...and it's not saying much) - goes next for a Brodus/Bateman final.

If that happens, what I really want to see is Bateman challenge Brodus to a bodyslam challenge, goofing it up old-school style against the monster heel.

Hopefully Johnny Curtis - ironically the guy I think is best in the ring (just...and it's not saying much) - goes next for a Brodus/Bateman final.

If that happens, what I really want to see is Bateman challenge Brodus to a bodyslam challenge, goofing it up old-school style against the monster heel.

Bodyslam challenge would be awesome. I get the impression the pair of them are lovers of old school, so this could work well :)

Still enjoying this series - one thing that comes across well is how much the Pros seem to enjoy this.

As for this week's quiz ... I always thought the Headshrinkers were the last team Cpt Lou Albano led to the WWF tag team championships?

I said the same thing when watching - and I still think we are both right. Captain Lou and Afa were managing the Shrinkers when they beat the Quebeccers.

This week was hilarious, but in all the wrong ways. Horrible, horrible match - not a one of them had any clue how to take charge. The challenge was doomed from the start, and the talk the talk was the worst one yet (which is saying something).

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Bateman knew he was going from the start, and is either playing ti up, or being a child about it. Either way, he's still awesome in my book.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Awards Moderator
This week was hilarious, but in all the wrong ways. Horrible, horrible match - not a one of them had any clue how to take charge. The challenge was doomed from the start, and the talk the talk was the worst one yet (which is saying something).

Bateman knew he was going from the start, and is either playing ti up, or being a child about it. Either way, he's still awesome in my book.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Yeah, it wasn't great at all this week, and

Bateman going means the most likely candidates for a decent tag team after next week are out of the window. A DB-DB team would have been decent. Brodus and Ricardo would be fairly okay, but I can't see them winning the tag belts, nor Truth and Curtis. Brodus to win though, I suppose. I'm not fussed anymore.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Triple threat match was okay, though?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Yeah, it wasn't great at all this week, and

Bateman going means the most likely candidates for a decent tag team after next week are out of the window. A DB-DB team would have been decent. Brodus and Ricardo would be fairly okay, but I can't see them winning the tag belts, nor Truth and Curtis. Brodus to win though, I suppose. I'm not fussed anymore.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Triple threat match was okay, though?

Each to their own. I cringed through most of it. :D

Wonder if there's an outside chance that Ricardo can work? It'd be awesome for him to go lucha on everyone's ass, pasty flabbiness and all. That's about the only rescue package I can see.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Archived