NXT Season 4

ninevisions

• Paid Members
Daniel Bryan did about 2 months I thought.

He officially joined the company in January 2010 after finishing his indie commitments, but made his NXT debut in February. So in terms of actually physically being with the company it was less than 2 months. However, he signed his WWE contract in August 2009, he just didn't actually join up with the company until later.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I thought Bryon Saxton was a commentator, other than that I have no idea about any of the rookies.

So did I, he was the bloke who commentated on the last couple of months of ECW. A wikipedia search tells me he is actually a wrestler who commentates as opposed to the other way round.

Honestly had no idea he was a wrestler before now.

Let's hope he wrestles better than he commentates. He was god-awful on ECW

• Moderators

He officially joined the company in January 2010 after finishing his indie commitments, but made his NXT debut in February. So in terms of actually physically being with the company it was less than 2 months. However, he signed his WWE contract in August 2009, he just didn't actually join up with the company until later.

How much of that in FCW? That's what I'm after.

• Paid Members

About a month.

I've been watching a bit of FCW recently, I think Byron Saxton's going to work out as a pretty good heel.

I'm personally very happy Johnny Curtis is finally getting his shot on WWE programming, the poor bloke's been in FCW for four freaking years!

As to the question, I think I'd have had Tyler Black/Seth Rollins and Donny Marlow as the other two participants. I also echo the thoughts that Michael Cole should be introduced as Tyler Black's pro. As for Donny, erm... I don't know, I'd give him Big Show. He's got a gimmick as having 'the hardest cranium in FCW', so it would sorta make sense. Show's stone fist, Marlow's hard head. You know?

I don't know if it's been posted or not as some seem to still think Cole might be announced as a pro but it seems he won't be at all.

Michael Cole was originally set to be one of the WWE NXT Season Four Pros. Along with that, WWE was going to put a new announce team on NXT, and a combination of Josh Mathews, Todd Grisham and CM Punk was discussed. WWE dropped that plan and decided to keep Cole and Matthews as a team in the end. The decision to drop Cole as a pro was made late Tuesday afternoon at the TV tapings.

Source: ewrestlingnews

I'm a bit disappointed myself, I like the idea of Cole as a pro and Punk on commentary sounds good too whereas now after they got cold feet it looks as though they're just going to do the same commentary team as series 3. I enjoyed Series 3 and the commentary but having Cole as a pro and Punk as one of the main commentators would have been a nice change.

About a month.

Daniel Bryan actually only had one match in FCW if I remember correctly.

Fuck, no Cole on commentary or as a pro.

in a way i'm actually quite happy about that because he was begining to get a bit much looks like they are trying to take this season a bit more seriously which is agood thing, it looks like cole has taken a tep up with his recent storyline with The Miz and Lawer anyway.

Personally I'm hoping that Cole was just "resting up" post-RKO. I found NXT awfully dry without him, and as we know, moisture is the essence of beauty.

Seriously, though, Todd was bloody awful. On the parts of SD! I don't fast-forward he's not usually so bad, so I'm guessing he's fed practically every line there. On the looser, less formal NXT, he just didn't seem to have the personality for it. Even Josh sounded like he was bored listening to him.

Rookie-wise, Jacob came out with the best promo (not that it was good) and O'Brian looked best in the ring. No-one made any kind of impact though.

Daniel Bryan's airplane spin lasted almost as long as it took him to drink a soda. Excellent.

With the exception of Brodus, they all look like the most generic bunch of jobronies ever! Yet more of the typical pant-wearing, well-tanned, tight-abs-having dullards. Horrid bunch of promos too.

I think Byron Saxton seems to be the best bet, at least he seems pretty good on the mic. Stupid name though, much like, well... all of them really!

Bryan and Alberto should be great pro's though, and any time they meet in the ring is a good thing.

• Paid Members
With the exception of Brodus, they all look like the most generic bunch of jobronies ever! Yet more of the typical pant-wearing, well-tanned, tight-abs-having dullards. Horrid bunch of promos too.

I think Byron Saxton seems to be the best bet, at least he seems pretty good on the mic. Stupid name though, much like, well... all of them really!

Bryan and Alberto should be great pro's though, and any time they meet in the ring is a good thing.

I've only looked at the photo's on WWE.com but they don't all look like cookie cutter wrestlers. Brodious Clay has got a great look. Well, until he puts a beret on anyway. Byron Saxton has a cool look too. He looks like someone who'd excel in the MVP gimmick. Derrick Bateman also looks quite unique though that's probably just the hair. He looks like he was conceived by Strike Force.

The rest look like everyone else who comes through the system.

About a month.

Was that against Kaval? I'm sure I saw that match online, thought he would have had more than that?

• Paid Members

About a month.

Actually he had more matches than that.

His first match was against Kaval so it made the internet. The others weren't against quite as high profile opponents, accounting for the fact they didn't I suppose. He was in developmental from Jan 14th to Feb 11th (when NXT started)

Archived