NXT Season 4

ninevisions

Did anyone catch WWE make an OJ Simpson refrence on this weeks show. I put it in spoilers so if people have not seen the show in the UK how it happened.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

There was a challenge on this weeks edition of WWE:NXT where the rookies had to push a wheelbarrow round the ring and back to the entranceway in the fastest time possible. The wheelbarrow had the eagle mascot of Jack Swagger to add weight to the wheelbarrow. When it came for rookie Byron Saxton the only black rookie in Season 4 he placed on a single black glove. Just after Byron Saxton pushed the wheelbarrow Todd Grisham made a comment saying "he is going to murder the competition"

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
Im loving Brodus Clay. But then again.. I love a guy who loves his suplexes. He's great on the mic too, and probably the only one out of the 6 who can be a real star.

I think he's looking the most likely winner - especially going by how strong they made him look in the last segment this week. Even if he doesn't win, there's a readymade position as bodyguard for this week's surprise returnee. (The surprise return in question was pretty damn spectacular, too. Lifted the whole show)

I'm still Novak all the way, though. I dedicate my signature to him. The bit that says NOVAK, anyway.

Ziggler was good this week as well.

• Paid Members

I'm enjoying NXT so far, they seem like a good bunch and none of them seem too much better or worse than the others which is good.

Does anyone else think Bateman is doing a "Hot Rod" (from the movie hot rod) gimmick? a lot of what he does reminds me of that film.

Brodus Clay could be great but I don't think NXT is the show for him, he's a fat heel who's bad at challenges, who the fuck would vote for him, he should've been put on the main roster straight away and his suplexes are great. (he looks like the sort of guy Undertaker likes to fight too)

Novak has a stupid nose, that's all I think when I see him. And that he's one of thse guys who's much taller than you think at first.

• Awards Moderator

NOVAK WAS SCREWED.

The writing was on the wall for him as soon as Ziggler traded him - I guess they decided they had to swap Ziggler's rookie to keep him on the show. That's fine, Ziggler's awesome, but I don't think I can ever forgive him. (sheds single tear)

I like the idea of the winning rookie and pro teaming up for a Tag Title shot. If they build to it correctly, or at all, it might actually make the Tag belts mean more. On the basis that they'll be teaming at least once, I'm predicting a Brodus or Bateman win for a Brodus/DiBiase or DB/DB team. Masters/Saxton would have worked too, but clearly not anymore.

Liking Brodus' finisher. And next week is the DB/DB double date with the Bellas...

O'Brian to go next.

• Paid Members
NOVAK WAS SCREWED.

The writing was on the wall for him as soon as Ziggler traded him - I guess they decided they had to swap Ziggler's rookie to keep him on the show. That's fine, Ziggler's awesome, but I don't think I can ever forgive him. (sheds single tear)

I like the idea of the winning rookie and pro teaming up for a Tag Title shot. If they build to it correctly, or at all, it might actually make the Tag belts mean more. On the basis that they'll be teaming at least once, I'm predicting a Brodus or Bateman win for a Brodus/DiBiase or DB/DB team. Masters/Saxton would have worked too, but clearly not anymore.

Liking Brodus' finisher. And next week is the DB/DB double date with the Bellas...

O'Brian to go next.

O'Brian can't go, he'll get ALL THE CHEESE HE CAN EAT if he wins!

That's a whole lot of cheese.

I don't like Brodus, but I think he could do well. He's got two gimmicks - fat giant and wigger. Which is pretty unique, if we forget about PN News. He should really wrestle in a t-shirt though, I don't think his jiggly tits and shit generitattoos are doing him any favours.

Bateman is the only one I find genuinely entertaining. He is good on the mic and has made me laugh a couple of times with his backstage skits.

Saxton has potential as a lower-midcarder, nothing more imo.

There is something very unlikeable about Johnny Curtis, he's meant to be face but he tries too hard which makes him seem like a dick. Nothing special so far in the ring either.

Brodus could be decent in the big-man role, needs to work alot on his mic-work - "You do know that" is tiresome after you use it 20 times in one show.

O'Brian, waste of space - first to be released imo.

I bet even Mike McGullicutty was sitting laughing to himself after that "Promo battle" thing. My God, this lot are shit.

Brodus should have debuted on another show with a manager and a strong push. All NXT is doing for him is exposing him as having little personality.

Archived