NXT Season 4

ninevisions

• Paid Members

This is the first episode of the season as I was really soured off of NXT after the joke that was Season 3. Who even won Season 3 by the way? Anyway, back on topic. I really like the look of Brodus Clay, he is an impressive big man and isn't too shabby on the mic if I may say so. I like Derrick Bateman and the comradery he has going on with Daniel Bryan is a good laugh. Johnny Curtis, although kind of plain, seems like a decent blue chipper. Byron Saxton is an awesome cocky heel and him being paired with Ziggler will do him the world of good. Connor O' Brian is my least favourite because I see nothing in him. I wanted him to go but Novak was my second choice if he didn't.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly think Bateman has Santino-level funny potential. He's 100% into his character, completely believable and hilarious. If I was a writer on Raw or SD!, I would be salivating at the chance to write for him, and that has to mean something in the scheme of things. If they now have him win a match, making it look like he's successfully learned something from Daniel Bryan perhaps, it could be the start of a climb for him. He's popular with the live crowd every week anyway, so making him look like he can handle himself in the ring would just cap things off.

Curtis is interesting. I actually like him a bit more now, but I'm still not convinced. At his best he seems like a more relaxed McGillicutty, and at his worst he seems like... the actual McGillicutty. And though McGillicutty did show some promise in S2, it still sucks for Curtis that I've said the word "McGillicutty" four times in such a short space. He is not the guy you want to remind people of.

I do like, though, that Bateman and Curtis remind me so much of Kaitlyn and AJ when they're near each other. Total giggling schoolgirl BFF vibe.

• Awards Moderator
Curtis is interesting. I actually like him a bit more now, but I'm still not convinced. At his best he seems like a more relaxed McGillicutty, and at his worst he seems like... the actual McGillicutty. And though McGillicutty did show some promise in S2, it still sucks for Curtis that I've said the word "McGillicutty" four times in such a short space. He is not the guy you want to remind people of.

I have a suspicion that Curtis might end up as another Brent Albright - forever in developmental, and apparently doing really well there, brought up to the main show, creative have nothing for him, and he's gone within a year.

Once again Derrick Bateman was the best thing on the show.

I love his promos and the way he intensely stares into the middle distance while talking. A tag team of him and Bryan would have Head-Cheese level promos.

Also, speaking of Head Cheese, I love the way the pair of them try and get the name 'Steve Blackman' in wherever they can. :laugh:

Assuming these rookie challenges are real (and based on that directors voiceover episode, they are), I'd be pissed off if I was Brodus Clay. Maryse was just taking the piss on both challenges.

Finally, I'd like to say how much I hope Byron Saxton DOESN'T win. He acts like he has charisma, but he really doesn't have any at all. He desperately wants to be like The Rock, but it's so obvious in that it looks like he's woodenly mimicking him. Just dreadful.

The restaurant bit was terrible. They didn't even try to make the set look like a restaurant, and the Bellas are truly fucking horrendous at acting. They're gorgeous girls, but whenever they're involved in a skit that involves them trying to act, I get so annoyed that I abandon dreams of glorious polygamy and just wish I could get close enough to brutally rape and kill them.

I liked the guessing game, but it seemed to be fucked up by everyone involved.

Lanny Poffo references ftw. Bateman is the king.

I like the way Daniel Bryan and Dolph always look like they're cracking up at everything he does.

-edit-

And I'm really starting to think Ted killed a prostitute or hit on Stephanie or something. Deserved or not, the absolute nature of his burial is unreal.

• Awards Moderator

Bateman and Ziggler were both great this week. I would love it if the Steve Blackman references were actually leading to a one-night return where he squashes Bateman. Wouldn't help Bateman a bit, but it would be good TV.

I think that Brodus might be in elimination-danger. Unless they've got plans and intend to have him get further and further pissed off with Maryse ruining his chances and takes his anger out on her or something.

Though that would potentially lead to a DiBiase face turn...

Lanny Poffo references ftw. Bateman is the king.

I like the way Daniel Bryan and Dolph always look like they're cracking up at everything he does.

-edit-

And I'm really starting to think Ted killed a prostitute or hit on Stephanie or something. Deserved or not, the absolute nature of his burial is unreal.

nodq.com

Those spoken to within WWE aren't aware if there is any particular incident or reason that Ted DiBiase isn't receiving a stronger push on television. However, more than one person feels Maryse is struggling to work as an effective valet. One source indicated that the former glamour model appears much more concerned with drawing attention to herself and getting herself over rather than enhancing DiBiase's matches and overall presentation.

"If your rookie had to pursue a career outside of Sports Entertainment? That career would be....."

Bateman: Steve Blackman!

Bryan: Steve Blackman!

Those two were awesome in that segment. Bateman has to win this season, he has fantastic charisma & looks like he is able to improve in the ring (especially working with Bryan)

Those two as tag-team champs is more gold than Santino & Kozlov. Or as Bateman would put it:

"DB & DB with the TT's on SD = great TV."

Archived