Headphones

Twatters

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've went through my fair share of high priced headphones, but i've been using these for the past few years.

I like them so much i've actually bought another pair, which i've stored away in case my current pair break and I can't find the same ones again at a later date.

You'll get them for under 15 notes, and if you check the reviews you'll see that they are highly recommended.

I had a pair of those - hated them. Probably ok for DJing but not great sound reproduction at all. Plus, really easy to break when adjusting them. We bought a bunch at work and broke 6 pairs inside of a month.

You're not going to get a great pair of headphones for 30 quid, to be honest. I'd look at more like the 60-90 quid range to get a good pair. Personally, I'd go for something like Beyer-Dynamics.

• Paid Members

I got a pair on now and Ive had them for about eight months with no problems. I managed to find them for a tenner online somewhere at the time too.

I have no interest/expertise in DJ'ing or audio production, but for listening to music/films on your pc they're great. I get dizzy when I see

I had a pair of those - hated them. Probably ok for DJing but not great sound reproduction at all. Plus, really easy to break when adjusting them. We bought a bunch at work and broke 6 pairs inside of a month.

Really?

I've had mines for quite a while now, and think they're fantastic.

Saying that, I listen to metal, and some of that is of the death and black variety, so maybe they're more suited to that.

I guess it all depends on what you want your headphones/speakers to do. A lot of headphones "colour" the sound in a particular way, warming up the bass or boosting the trebles. Depending on your preferences, different models will suit.

I prefer ones that give you as accurate a reproduction as possible, but that's just me. To be honest, if you're plugging them into something like an iPod, the outputs are so shitty that I dunno what would help!

The Beyer DT 231s aren't bad for cheap consumer headphones. They aren't the flashiest looking though, if that's your bag.

I got a pair on now and Ive had them for about eight months with no problems. I managed to find them for a tenner online somewhere at the time too.

I have no interest/expertise in DJ'ing or audio production, but for listening to music/films on your pc they're great. I get dizzy when I see

To be honest, if you're plugging them into something like an iPod, the outputs are so shitty that I dunno what would help!

This really is the central question here; are you going to be playing the music simply on your Ipod or on a good stereo system? If it's the former, you aren't going to see much difference between a

It's not just the fact of playing mp3s, it's the bit in the iPod that converts the digital signal into an analogue signal before kicking it out the headphone socket.

iPods/iPhones have terribly cheap D/A converters, and sound basically really harsh. Most portable mp3 players do.

In the sound community, there's an ongoing debate about how the perception of audio fidelity has changed over the last decade as so many consumers listen to mp3s through shit D/A converters and shit speakers. Essentially, a lot of young people don't know what "good" actually sounds like!

• Moderators

I have these; I do only use them for DJing, but I've had 'em a while and they're sturdy enough.

I really, REALLY want these. But are they any good?

Never buy Skullcandy unless they are just for showing off, the sound quality and build are shite for the money so you're paying for "the look" and that's it.

Sennheiser all the way.

If you want cool looking headphones that still have decent sound Wesc is probably your best bet; they've got a decent range.

Archived