Headphones

Twatters

• Paid Members

Thought i'd bump this thread instead of starting a new one. I'm looking at getting a decent pair of On-ear headphones. I've currently got a pair of Bose in-ear headphones but was looking for something a bit more comfortable for travelling etc. I usually stick with Bose or Seinheisser, but wondering if anyone could recommend anything decent. Cheers.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't find a pair of in-ear heaphones that are anywhere near the quality of the paid I bought 15 years ago - a 25 quid pair of Sony buds. What happened to the technology? They're all shit.

Bose/Sennheiser and Sony would be my first picks for any commercial headphones. As long as you're not buying Beats by Dre or any shit like that.

• Paid Members

If your looking for solid without being spectacular but decent enough on the price the best in ears I've come across are the SkullCandy "The Fix" range. Some of thier other buds leave something to be desired, but these have been the best I've had in a long while.

Here's a sad thing - the 'crappy' headphones the iPhone comes with are better than a lot of more expensive ones out there, plus they have a mic built in and the volume control.

As I said, I think the tech of headphones has taken a leap backwards in recent years, or that's how it sounds to me. My old paid (now finally broken) had a nice bass boost thing in that made them really warm and full.

Beats, in general, are terrible. Really bassy and poorly made.

That said, their mixr range are incredible. Great levels across the board, you still get the deep bass but its coloured with really bright higher frequencies, and a sort of trademark 'crunch'.

I bought a pair. I feel a nob with a big B on my ear, but besides that I adore them.

But, yeah, aside from this anomaly, Sennheiser are the best brand.

In terms of value for money, go Urbanears.

• Paid Members

I use these for listening to music when the kids are in bed.

But for the OP, I'd recommend these. I have 3 pairs that we use on our edit suites; amazingly crisp & clear.

For Pro Tools mixing (when not using monitors), I use Beyer Dynamics DT100s.

And for in-ear buds you can't beat Sennheisers!

Archived