wXw 16 Carat Gold 2011 announced!

lightningxlock

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest issue is that ever since he got released, everyone was certain it'd be Low Ki. Call it jumping the gun, but when wXw took nearly 2 weeks to announce the last guy it was looking even more like it would be Ki, so Cabana just comes off as kind've average. But hopefully we'll get a motivated Cabana thats more interested in serious matches as opposed to his comedy routine

I dunno, Cabana is pretty much different from EVERYBODY else announced, so his match will bring something different to the mix.

Cabana, while he will always put on the sweet technical wrestling, will always bring the comedy because that's what people expect and want from a Cabana match. Out of the 16 guys announced, none of them do comedy as well as Cabana does, but a fair few of them could provide a great technical contest against him, whilst playing the straight man.

Oh and because it appears a full list is not yet available, to save people from browsing the thread:

1. Zack Sabre jr. (Isle of Sheppey, UK)

2. Davey Richards (Othello, WA, USA)

3. El Generico (Tijuana, MEX)

4. Johnny Moss (Egremont, UK)

5. Carnage (Oberhausen, D)

6. Yoshihito Sasaki (Saitama, JAP)

7. Jon Ryan (Medway, UK)

8. Tommy End (Amsterdam, NL)

9. Mark Haskins (Oxford, UK)

10. "The New Horror" Sami Callihan (Bellefontaine, OH, USA)

11. Adam Cole (Panama City, FL, USA)

12. Kotaro Suzuki (Saitama, JAP)

13. Go Shiozaki (Kumamoto, JAP)

14. Rico Bushido (Haarlem, NL)

15. Big van Walter (Wien, A)

16. "Classic" Colt Cabana (Chicago, IL, USA)

So really with guys like Sabre Jnr, Richards, Moss, Sasaki, Ryan, Callihan, Shiozaki, Bushido and Van Walter, there are a lot of guys in there who have absolutely no qualms about smacking the hell out of their opponents. Even guys like Generico, Haskins, Cole and Suzuki can notch the stiffness up when it's required.

There are a lot of potential combinations in there I'd love to see.

-Sabre Jnr vs Richards

-Sabre Jnr vs Suzuki

-Shiozaki vs Sasaki (if interpromotional politics don't come into play.)

-Shiozaki vs Richards (I know this happened at both KOE and 16 Carat 2007, but at KOE that match remains one of my favourite live matches, and to see Shiozaki vs Richards in 2011.... Oh yes please)

I couldn't even really begin to fantasy book this.

Archived