wXw 16 Carat Gold 2011 announced!

lightningxlock

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://wrestleuropeboard.freeforumzone.leo...dd=9695152&

Westside Xtreme Wrestling - 16 Carat Gold Tournament (Day Three)

13/03/2011

Turbinenhalle, Oberhausen, Germany

- 16 Carat Gold Tournament 2011 SemiFinal Match: Sami Callihan d. Davey Richards

- 16 Carat Gold Tournament 2011 SemiFinal Match: Big Van Walter d. Go Shiozaki

- Mark Haskins & Kotaro Suzuki d. Colt Cabana & Sitoci

- Yoshihito Sasaki d. Axeman

- Johnny Moss d. Jon Ryan

- wXw Unified World Title Match: Daisuke Sekimoto

Whilst rather selfishly we in the UK would love to have EVERY show like this, we are very fortunate in that IPW:UK and WXW seem to have very strong ties as we seem to talent share a fair amount of WXW's imports. Also England has gotten two nights of Dragon Gate and NOAH, whereas Germany only get one.

We also had King Of Europe in 07 with a fair amount of the participants from WXW's 16 Carat Gold that year, but I don't think KOE could be considered a success (blame what you will in regards to running so soon after ROH, over-saturation of the indy wrestling market, running the exact same venue as ROH, advertising, etc etc) whereas Germany have managed a tourny every year since.

• Paid Members
One match has been omitted from the results:

Zack/ Marty vs Cole/ O'Reilly

MOTN

Have to wonder if they managed to top their Sittingbourne match. I think fans in the US would rave over that one...

Have to wonder if they managed to top their Sittingbourne match. I think fans in the US would rave over that one...

by far!!! I've seen both and compared to yesterdays match, the one in sittingbourne was a mere soso ;):laugh:

but then again, it's not only the wrestlers and their moves, but also the fans, the mood, the venue, stagediving and 15 min straight of fist pumping :laugh:

F - U - N !

For a smaller guy marty is HEAVY lol, the LDRS are uber over in germany, Especially there music, Best 3 days of wrestling I have ever seen live, Zack Vs Davey from night 2, Sekimoto vs Generico and LDRS Vs Cole And O'Reilly being the best matches of the weekend.

All reports seem to indicate that Zack/Davey was a fantastic match only slightly bettered by Shiozaki/Suzuki.

There's no way in hell Shiozaki vs Suzuki was better than Davey vs Zack! Infact, the only match that was quite possibly better than that all weekend was LDRS vs Cole/O'Reilly

That was a phenomenal weekend of wrestling, just great all around. I would say the crowd seemed a bit flat towards the end of the saturday and I felt the same. Sundays show was off the charts, probably helped by the fact I put the camera down, got very drunk and stuck in there with the crowd. Speaking of which do they make the show or what? So friendly aswell, despite speaking bugger all german a fair few of them talked to me and they were incredibly friendly despite how intimadating the crowd seemed at first. This along with some great matches made sunday one of the best nights of wrestling I have ever been a part of, I loved the Generico - daisuke match and the LDR's vs Cole and O'Reily was amazing, blew their sittingbourne match out of the water and as others have mentioned the whole fist pumping "play the music" stuff with Marty is just fantastic. Walter makes a great heel and Sami Calihan has really grown on me after seeing him perform live this weekend and prior in sittingbourne, a good choice for a winner. Davey Richards is the nuts. Vending machines in german toilets are weird. I think thats about all Ive got to say for now. Oh and I caught Shiozaki's shirt on sunday night, thats a nice souvenir.

Nothing too spectacular but I have got some photos up on my facebook from the first 2 days. 1st days are particularly bad at the start as I was trying to take pictures with the flash on, I was and still am getting used to this camera.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6281...mp;l=2c1a6eba7f - Day One

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6281...mp;l=152fa78b28 - Day Two

Ok so here we go.

Day 1 - Here's what I wrote on other boards on Friday night:

Moss vs. Go was incredible. Moss vs. Daisuke set for tomorrow!!!!

best Sami has ever looked. Him and Tommy almost stole the show.

Heel Adam Cole is soooo great. The dude just has it.

Generico vs. Kotaro was awwwwwesome

Davey vs. Jon Ryan was great. Ryan really proved to be able to hang.

Zack vs. Cabana was one of the most fun, entertaining matches I've seen live. So hilarious.

4 way was v.good. Marty is over huge

Carnage vs. Sasaki was good, but maybe a tad disappointing

Main event built slow but totally delivered at the end. Crazy stuff down the stretch.

Crowd were great, building was great. Perfect start to the weekend.

Just a really solid wrestling show with three to four matches around the 4 star mark and everything else of a very high standard.

Day 2 - Q&A was brilliant, alot of fun. Zack & Marty were hilarious and Cabana was great. It did get pretty serious though near the end of the Japanese portion when Ryu Nakata from NOAH stood up to talk about what was going on in Japan and asked us for our prayers. It really hit hard and put everything in perspective. It also showed what troopers Daisuke, Go, Yoshihito, Kotaro, Nikkan and all the reporters were to be over here working so hard during such a tough time for them. Daisuke called his match on Night 1 his favourite/craziest ever. I think he'l have changed his mind on that after Night 3.

This show was in the super swanky Steffy venue. It will look incredible on DVD. Cabana and Marty had the greatest comedy match I've ever seen live, trumping Cabana/Delirious. Those two need their own show together. They were born to interact with each other (and terrorise poor Tas). Haskins and Walter had a hell of a big man/little man match. Then we got the first Cole & O'Reilly tag of the weekend, their first time wrestling one El Generico. He teamed with Emil Sitoci and they tore it up. Cole took some gigantic bumps. Yoshihto/Sami was stiffffff!!!! Kotaro vs. Go was superb.

Then we got one of the greatest matches I've ever seen live, and perhaps my favourite Davey Richards match ever. Him and Zack blew the roof off the place. It was unreal the shit they were doing. Everything worked perfectly and in addition to the insane moments and huge nearfalls and submission teases, it was also a REALLY well constructed match. It was perfect. Johnny Moss and Daisuke capped off the show with another great match.

Huge congregation of fans, staff members and wrestlers at the Irish bar that night. I had a ball. Johnny Moss stuck a lit candle down Jon Ryan's throat.

Day 3 - SOCCER MATCH TURNED ROYAL RUMBLE!!! There were luchadors, chairshots, bloody legs and elbow drops to suit jackets.

Best wrestling show I've ever been to. Or at least up there with the best.

The story of Sami's run to the final was done so well. His "I AM GOING TO WIN THIS NO MATTER WHAT!" attitude was fantastic. I wanted him vs. Go, but I was wrong because Walter was so perfect for the opponent in the final. He was fantastic in his match with Go and he played the heel monster so so well in the final. Special kudos to Tommy End for his prematch psyching up of Walter which was the most intense shit I've ever seen and it had me buzzing. The celebrations afterwards were so cool. Maybe the best live wrestling moment I've experienced.

Generico/Daisuke - wow. It was everything I hoped for and more. This was utterly incredible and you were left thinking you just watched 1 and 1A in the world just compete at the absolute peak of their careers. Daisuke screaming "COME ON GENERICO!!!" at one point towards the finish as Generico tried to fight back was just epic. He wasn't taunting him, he was trying to encourage him to keep bringing the fight. So cool. Match features the sickest missile dropkick and brainbuster ever (and NEITHER were by Generico).

LDRS/Kyle & Cole - Adam Cole said he wanted to end his one month in Europe on a high note and he did. Best tag match I've seen in yonks. So privilaged to have this be the match I commentated on. I hope I did it justice.

Also Jon Ryan vs. Moss and Sasaki vs. Axeman were really awesome. Two really great matches that I hope don't get forgotten about with all that happened after them.

so yeah all in all, this trip was incredible. I wanna do it all again tomorrow, but I'll have to settle for next year. (might have to use that line as a closer in my FSM article, haha!)

Cant believe I forgot to mention the cabana vs marty comedy match from night 2, Im not a comedy match fan on the whole although I can tolerate it. This is by far the best comedy match I have ever seen, live or on DVD. Just fantastic and a really good match.

Im definately going again next year and Im thinking of going to the CZW show in October before/after I go to amsterdam for my stag do and just making it one big trip of awesomeness.

Archived