wXw 16 Carat Gold 2011 announced!

lightningxlock

Wow, what an amazing weekend. I went to the King of Europe Cup in 07 and have to say, awesome as that weekend was, this blew it out of the water! The standard of wrestling was amazing but the incredible atmosphere really made this weekend something special.

So... Only 362 days ish till the next one...

Shh, don't tell my wife yet, she's still recovering from this one...

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TWO Carat related radio shows up with me right now.

The new Mike & Tom show is up free at tomandmikepresentt.wordpress.com

and my own show is up for members at www.wrestlingobserver.com with special appearances by Adam Cole, the LDRS, Johnny Moss, Sami and loads more.

This is something I would like to attend next year, someone or anyone Give a run down on costs?! Flights, hotel etc.

flights cost me about 60euro in total. Tickets for the show (3 days in the seating area) were 80euro I think. Hotel depends on your preference. I stayed in a really nice one and split two ways it only cost me 95 for the three nights.

So total was around 235 euro.

Travelling around Oberhausen is super cheap. You won't need to get any taxis.

Well im still recovering from 4 days of early starts, not sleeping enough and waaay more Maccies than I (or my stomach) care to remember! But it was totally worth it, like everyone else I had a blast. This is now my 2nd consecutive 16 Carat and 3rd trip to see wXw and each and every time has left me wanting to get back over there asap. It has to be said, i'd rank the 2010 edition a tad higher but i'd imagine this years would be taking 2nd place.

That said, Davey vs Zack and LDRS vs Co'Reilly are most deffinately MOTYC's and hands down 2 of the best live matches i've ever seen. I fully expected that tag to be excellent but it turned out to be some seriously insane, hard hitting shit! Along with the Davey bout, it pretty much solidifies my opinion of Zack Sabre being the best wrestler in the UK right now and I think the LDRS are one of the best and most entertaining tag teams in the world. Daisuke vs Generico was ALMOST on the same kind've level as those 2 matches but i'd have to give that about 1/4 of a * less if I was doing the snowflakes. Other honourable mentions for me are Mossy vs Daisuke, Mossy vs Jon Ryan, Go vs Suzuki, Sami vs Tommy End and probably a bunch of others that I cant really remember quite how good they were.

We got the plane home with Johnny Moss too. What a genuinely down to earth, cool guy he is. His dedication and work ethic is insane from what he was telling us so I hope someday soon he gets to be where he deserves to be because the dude deserves WAY more respect than he gets.

Made up Sami won, totally deserved. Been a big fan of his since around 2008 and i've been looking forward to seeing him win a big tourney ever since I watched him go to the finals of the TPI in '08.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. I would recommend anyone pick up the complete weekend if you can, if not at the very least get the final night.

I cant wait to head back to germany for WXW, I will be attending 16 carat next year and hope to fit in the CZW show en route to amsterdam for my stag do in october.

• 3 months later...
This is something I would like to attend next year, someone or anyone Give a run down on costs?! Flights, hotel etc.

flights cost me about 60euro in total. Tickets for the show (3 days in the seating area) were 80euro I think. Hotel depends on your preference. I stayed in a really nice one and split two ways it only cost me 95 for the three nights.

So total was around 235 euro.

Travelling around Oberhausen is super cheap. You won't need to get any taxis.

Im really glad this got bumped, because I was going to try & find this thread to ask somemore questions...

Where would you find such cheap flights? or is it the norm, considering its am guessing not one of the more popular locations.

Any links for the hotel?

Any experiences? is it worth the trip over?

Sadly the cheapest I have found flights is 160 (from birmingham international) as ryan air don't seem to fly to germany anymore after they raised there airport taxes, But a flight into dusseldorf airport leaves you about a 10 minute train ride from oberhausen, and the venue is a 10 minute tram or bus journey from the train station, there are quite a few hotels there, I stayed in the NH which is absolubtly brilliant hotel, And I would say it is 100% worth going over, this 16 carat was my first time there and as soon as I got back I wanted nothing more than to go again the atmosphere there is second to none its amazing.

Sadly the cheapest I have found flights is 160 (from birmingham international) as ryan air don't seem to fly to germany anymore after they raised there airport taxes, But a flight into dusseldorf airport leaves you about a 10 minute train ride from oberhausen, and the venue is a 10 minute tram or bus journey from the train station, there are quite a few hotels there, I stayed in the NH which is absolubtly brilliant hotel, And I would say it is 100% worth going over, this 16 carat was my first time there and as soon as I got back I wanted nothing more than to go again the atmosphere there is second to none its amazing.

Thanks for the advice mate,

had a look at flights from Newcastle to Dusseldorf, & seems pretty reasonable. Also looked at a few hotels, it seems like a trip Id like to take. Is there any ideas when tickets usually go on sale for the next year? When is it exactly, was march this year, If Im not mistaken.

Archived