wXw 16 Carat Gold 2011 announced!

lightningxlock

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I know man.....each year I say I'm gonna go....I'm defo gonna try for this year and the train don't look too bad.......apparently 6 and a half hours from London to Dusseldorf! Fuck you plane!!! ;)

Which train goes from London to Dusseldorf as I might do that and how much is it? :)

Hi guys, I'm currently considering this, just a few questions for those who've been before.

How far from the airport is the venue?

what is the best way to get to the NH Hotel from the airport?

How much does that journey cost?

how long does each night run for?

anything else I should know? I'm pretty crap at doing the whole travelling thing, so any advice/info would be much appreciated!

Dont consider it my man, just go! Best weekend you'll ever have and you'll be itching to go back.

The hotel/venue is pretty far from the airport sadly as you're travelling from Dusseldorf to Oberhausen. I'd say it's roughly 25 mins or something like that. The 2 times i've been i've just got a taxi to save me hassle, but this is a very expensive option. You're looking at about 50EUR each way. The train is apparently way cheaper and pretty easy to deal with. The good news is that the venue is probably about 5-7 mins up the road from NH hotel :)

Each night depends, like I believe the Saturday night of last year ran way over 5 hours. I'd say the opening night is the shortest. With the 2nd and 3rd nights usually exceding that.

waiting for 16 carat gold 2010 tourny to d/l, gonna check it out before I start saving!

Did anyone here go to the King of Europe Cup in Liverpoll 2007?

If so how do that and 16 carat compare/measure up?

16 Carat is a nice way to see some good, quality wrestling, bringing Europe's finest and some well known names from the US and Japan together for this tournament.

wXw is a very fan friendly promotion, also giving fans the opportunity to meet some of the stars before the show, during the break and after the show.

waiting for 16 carat gold 2010 tourny to d/l, gonna check it out before I start saving!

Did anyone here go to the King of Europe Cup in Liverpoll 2007?

If so how do that and 16 carat compare/measure up?

Yeah, went to KOE in Liverpool. Great weekend of wrestling.

Didnt attend 16 Carat the following weekend but have all 3 shows on DVD and, if I'm honest, those shows seemed even better then the KOE shows.

16 Carat 2008 was very cool also.

Anyone seen/been to 16 Carat 2009/2010? Would you recommend them as a worthwhile purchase?

Aye, I was at 2010. Awesome, awesome weekend of action. Cant recommend it enough. Far too many good matches to mention across the 3 nights. Hero vs Bad Bones/Martin Stone/ Ares/ Big Van Walter (Yes, Hero was the MVP of the tournament) OTC vs Team BJW, Zack Sabre vs Sawa, Matt Jackson vs Nick Jackson, Absolute Andy vs Steve Douglas, Switchblade Comspiracy vs Team BJW amongst other decent things.

2009 had its moments (only seen it on DVD) but it's well worth a watch. I'd say overall, 2010 was better and quite possibly the best 16 Carat they've done. wXw is a very underrated company in all honesty

Aye, I was at 2010. Awesome, awesome weekend of action. Cant recommend it enough. Far too many good matches to mention across the 3 nights. Hero vs Bad Bones/Martin Stone/ Ares/ Big Van Walter (Yes, Hero was the MVP of the tournament) OTC vs Team BJW, Zack Sabre vs Sawa, Matt Jackson vs Nick Jackson, Absolute Andy vs Steve Douglas, Switchblade Comspiracy vs Team BJW amongst other decent things.

2009 had its moments (only seen it on DVD) but it's well worth a watch. I'd say overall, 2010 was better and quite possibly the best 16 Carat they've done. wXw is a very underrated company in all honesty

Cool, cheers. May have to purchase 2010.

I've been to every Carat and given the choice between 2009 and 2010, I'd def go for 2010.

Chosing between all Carats up until now, my fav Carat has to be 2007 (with Matt Sydal, Ryo Saito, Davey Richards, Go Shiozaki, Ares, Doug Williams, Nigel McGuinness, El Generico, Pac, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, etc.).

Archived