The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

Enjoy... or not XD (No, I wont seriously put you all through that abomination of a game, you actually get a glimpse at the main screen after he dies the first time... just look at that god awful control set-up!)

That was one of the games packaged with the Amstrad (Not one of them was any good), and it was pretty much a crap shoot as to where you would land each time you jumped, and that fucking bird always followed you around.

What were you actually supposed to do?

• Paid Members

Just escape the cave each time, but all you could do was jump left or right, no walking at all. Which meant you had to try and judge each jump perfectly or you'd land in that bird, or those weird plants which would kill you, and you only had one life. So if you got to level 3 (Unlikely, but if you did) and died, it's right back to level 1.

Utter garbage.

• Paid Members
I had Roland on the ropes and Roland in time.

Seriously, fuck Roland.

I had Roland On The Ropes too, that was like playing fucking Donkey Kong Country 2 in comparison to Roland In The Caves.

Bridge It was shit too, as was Sultan's Maze... in fact of all those free games I got with it, I think the fruit machine one got played the most, which shows just how shit they were.

So, planning on updating the game, Pat?

Not until tomorrow, guv.

CR:II has not run a week yet, would be unfair on anyone (despite how unlikely) wanting to submit a last minute review.

Unless everyone is happy with a six day week?

• Paid Members

Fever Pitch Soccer

I'd never played, or even heard of this game until this thread. The game style reminds me a little of Sensible Soccer minus the humour and charm. It's perfectly playable but in a "dated" sort of way. You can sit down and kind of enjoy it for a short spell, but only in a "mess around" kind of way. We've become accustomed to more in-depth and realistic football sims, and whilst something a bit less so could be a welcome breath of fresh air, this isn't. I can't really put my finger on why to be quite honest. The play style was dated, but not to the extent it felt unplayable. The game is fast-paced and the controls feel fairly natural for such a game. I just didn't enjoy it all that much.

I'll admit that I had quite a few enjoyable multi-player games on Fever Pitch, but I think that was more down to the company than the actual game.

5/10

Fever Pitch Soccer

I'd never played, or even heard of this game until this thread. The game style reminds me a little of Sensible Soccer minus the humour and charm. It's perfectly playable but in a "dated" sort of way. You can sit down and kind of enjoy it for a short spell, but only in a "mess around" kind of way. We've become accustomed to more in-depth and realistic football sims, and whilst something a bit less so could be a welcome breath of fresh air, this isn't. I can't really put my finger on why to be quite honest. The play style was dated, but not to the extent it felt unplayable. The game is fast-paced and the controls feel fairly natural for such a game. I just didn't enjoy it all that much.

I'll admit that I had quite a few enjoyable multi-player games on Fever Pitch, but I think that was more down to the company than the actual game.

5/10

Interesting review dude. If I get a chance will have mine up tomoz or Ihursday as pushed for time. In the interim Iam trying to work out all the Star players and who they are based on?

Marker- Tony Adams

Barger- Ciro Ferrara?

Tricky - Carlos Valderama

The Cheat- Attilio Lombardo

Fire Striker- Gabriel Batistuta

Bendy Striker-?

Passer- Georgi Hagi

Keeper- Bodo Illgner

Anyone want to differ

Best teams in terms of star quality are Holland and Brazil. Both have either bendy or Fire Up Front and lots of mixing in between.

Playing the proper game, level up your GK first x2 and then Markers +1 Barger +1 Cheat in the back four, 2x Tricky's and Passer and Cheat in the middle and Fire over banana every time.