The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bisping/Silva for the title in Manchester would be absolute bedlam...i'm still a Bisping fan, ive never quite understood the hatred he gets online, it's similar to the Rashad Evans situation.

I think its more to do with him being an outspoken Northaner, and being one myself, I know when I see one. If it were to happen, Bisping/Silva for MW title would be an absolute batshit crazy crowd

• Paid Members

it's weird that the Silva/Bisping wheels have already been set in motion...i thought it's the logical next step if both guys win their upcoming fights, but Stu reminded me of someone else over the weekend who once again could end up screwed...Yushin Okami.

Weird as it may sound, I still think its bullshit that Belfort was given his shot back. He signed on to fight Okami, and so should have had that fight to prove he was still worthy of the shot and therefore fought the winner of the then proposed rematch between Silva and Sonnen. Belfort hasn't fought for nearly 18 months, how can he still be the top contender?.

Weird as it may sound, I still think its bullshit that Belfort was given his shot back. He signed on to fight Okami, and so should have had that fight to prove he was still worthy of the shot and therefore fought the winner of the then proposed rematch between Silva and Sonnen. Belfort hasn't fought for nearly 18 months, how can he still be the top contender?.

Silva had to fight someone though, who would you have given the shot to instead?

Bisping/Silva for the title in Manchester would be absolute bedlam...i'm still a Bisping fan, ive never quite understood the hatred he gets online, it's similar to the Rashad Evans situation.

I think its more to do with him being an outspoken Northaner, and being one myself, I know when I see one. If it were to happen, Bisping/Silva for MW title would be an absolute batshit crazy crowd

Yeah, I don't like him because he comes across as a bit of a twat. Really cocky and disrespectful of his opponents usually, talks a lot of shit. He's a pretty damn good fighter, but I'd still love to see Rivera destroy him live in Sydney. Bet he thinks he's the dog's bollocks after beating Akiyama.

• Paid Members

i'm in a bit of a tough spot with that fight because i usually root for Bisping, but ive been a big Rivera fan ever since i got into MMA, so I don't really wanna see either guy lose...I can't see Bisping having much of a problem with Rivera though.

• Paid Members

Silva had to fight someone though, who would you have given the shot to instead?

Okami.

Okami.

Would 2 and a half months have been enough time for Okami to prepare for a title fight?

I just don't see how Belfort can still lay cliaim to being the top contender without fighting for 18 months.

And if Anderson Silva had to have a fight, whose to say he couldn't have taken a fight at Light Heavyweight like he has in the past?

• Paid Members

I think they want someone to bring a stand-up fight to Silva. As much shit as Anderson got thrown at him for his antics in rounds 4 & 5 of the Maia fight it still amazes me that Damien Maia seemingly came away with very little criticism & the responsibility was heaped on Silva's shoulders, despite the fact that if you watch it again he picked Maia apart for 3 rounds straight & then Maia wanted none of it, he wouldn't engage & IMO the onus is on the challenger to want to take the title.

The UFC can put together a nice package featuring some of Belfort's highlights & sell him as a KO demon. I'm still putting money on Silva to take this. In fact, I dreamt last night that the fight was draw but that means fuck all, especially as I also dreamt that the undercard featured Alex Reid vs Sakuraba. :confused:

Agree with both your & Ebb's posts. I'm still a big fan of Bisping, he can be outspoken but more often that not he backs his shit up.

Agreed with a previous post, UFC 105 was absolutely crazy during the Bisping/Kang fight - great experience being at that show. Can't even imagine how insane it would be if they bring Silva/Bisping to the MEN Arena.

Personally I think Belfort is a credible opponent - it's believable he could win, therefore he should be challenging Silva. No point booking him against someone who has little chance of getting the job done, likewise Sonnen was a credible opponent. Belfort may not look such a champion beater when he steps in the cage with Anderson.

Archived