The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

Man, thats great news on both counts. There's still not enough MMA on over here and with WEC gone anyway, there's a big hole left in anybodys MMA viewing.

I only realised last night that BAMMA was at the MEN and got all excited, and my girlfriend even offered to buy me a ticket for Valentines Day and then I realised it's the same night im going to see Mogwai....fucker!

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a result, he has asked for patience from Scottish MMA fans in particular, who are unlikely to see the Braehead Arena stage a fight card this year.

"Scotland is a priority for us, but the problem is that the venue causes problems if we're talking about a three or four-event plan for 2011," Zelaznik told ESPN. "If we were having six Fight Nights in the UK, Scotland would make all the sense in the world.

"But if we're in the situation where we're running three of four events that are more in line with how we've done past events, the more likely arenas are Liverpool and Manchester. Liverpool we haven't been to and it's a newer arena than Manchester, but both are bigger in size than the Braehead in Scotland, which seats about 5,200 people.

That's shit! I was looking forward to seeing the UFC in Glasgow come May!

Lesnar interview - Seems as though it's backstage during TUF training.

He's dropped the beard :(

• Paid Members
some rumours going around that BAMMA 5 will be shown on the SyFy channel...not sure if live or not, be great news if it is.

BAMMA have confirmed the news on their website. The first live show is on February 26th.

Eurosport Fight Club's Facebook page are saying that they'll be showing Strikeforce now on Eurosport 2, starting this Sunday with Diaz v Santos.

Hopefully it won't be goodbye Mauro, hello Sensei Will!

Excellent news - was worried I'd be missing this weekend's Strikeforce card, what with no UK coverage news up until now, and I wasn't going to bother messing around with downloads etc.

The BAMMA news is also good, giving a bit more variety to the UK coverage other than Ultimate Challenge on Sky Sports, years-old CWC on Extreme Sports and various minor shows on The Active Channel.

Well as of yet, theres nothing whatsoever to say Strikeforce is on this Sunday. Really hope it is tho

True, there's nothing on the listings yet.

I did notice, however, that they are finally showing the 2010 K1 World GP finals this coming Tuesday.

They're showing part 1, which they've already shown before. They haven't shown part 2 yet.

• Paid Members

just a reminder...Titan Fighting Championships 16 is on HDNet tonight, decent little card too:

TFC_16-Titan_Fighting_Championships_16_35524.jpg

265 lbs.: Tim Sylvia vs. Abe Wagner

170 lbs.: Rudy Bears vs. Jason High

155 lbs.: Rich Clementi vs. Aaron Derrow

185 lbs.: Drew McFedries vs. Gary Tapusoa

155 lbs.: Bobby Cooper vs. Drew Dober

145 lbs.: Jon Hollis vs. Brian Phillips

135 lbs.: Jacob Akin vs. Anthony Gutierrez

155 lbs.: Alonzo Martinez vs. Deryck Ripley

that's what'll be televised, some decent names at the top of the card...always like to see Clementi & McFederies fight, and Jason High is getting some massive hype recently on certain MMA sites (Middleeasy being one), so it'll be interesting to see how he's coming along.

as for Big Tim Sylvia, the fight is listed at being at 265lb, but Sylvia weighed in at 311lb:

1169941337_q4vth-m.jpg

errrr, dunno what to think of that. I remember Tim coming in super heavy for the Ray Mercer (Sylvia is actually heavier for this fight!) fight and everyone knows what happened there. I was actually arguing the case that Sylvia should have been in Strikeforce's tournament over Brett Rogers, but not anymore...to come in that heavy tells me that Tim aint taking MMA seriously anymore, he clearly aint seriously hoping to get a call from the UFC or Strikeforce if he's weighing that heavy, either that or he's delusional.

• Paid Members

rumour is that DREAM are going to hold a kind of DREAM vs Strikeforce lightweight GP starting in May, 8 fighers involved, take your pick from this lot:

KJ Noons

Josh Thomson

Gilbert Melendez

JZ Cavalcante

Justin Wilcox

Lyle Beerbohm

Jorge Masvidal

Shinya Aoki

Tatsuya Kawajiri

Katsunoir Kikuno

can't go wrong there...fuck yes, this year is filling up nicely!

• Paid Members

more good Strikeforce news, for the Fedor vs Silva card, HDNet will be airing 4 of the nights prelims live before the Showtime telecast. Hopefully this is something they continue to do, load up them prelim portions of the card and get em on TV...great news!

• Paid Members
Extreme Sports have WEC 44 Brown vs Aldo on the tv guide for Tuesday and Wednesday night and WEC 45 Cerrone vs Ratcliffe is on Thursday. Fingers crossed they get shown this time

Shit I forgot about them (hope I didn

Archived