David

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Big Timmeh vs Abe Wagner - Youtube

He looked like a fat slug as he was getting lit up by those shots. UFC return may have to wait! Wagner looks like a different guy to the one that was on TUF.

• Paid Members

The BAMMA 5 undercard as it stands.

http://www.bamma.net/index.php/component/c...to-bamma-5.html

BREAKING NEWS - NEW ADDITION TO MAIN CARD AND FULL UNDER-CARD

Two titans collide as former UFC champion Ricco Rodriguez will face off against James McSweeney at BAMMA 5.

The under-card has also been confirmed as....

Daniel Thomas Vs AJ Wenn

Rob Mills Vs Leigh Cohoon

Jason Ball Vs Maktar Gueye

Paul Cook Vs Tom Maguire

Tim Newman Vs Diego Vital

Costas Doru Vs Liam James

Franky Slater Vs Jeremy Petley

Charlie Leary Vs Tom Breese

Pointless fact, two of smokesoapbar's closest friends are Costa Doru's younger brothers.

• Paid Members
Extreme Sports have WEC 44 Brown vs Aldo on the tv guide for Tuesday and Wednesday night and WEC 45 Cerrone vs Ratcliffe is on Thursday. Fingers crossed they get shown this time

Shit I forgot about them (hope I didn

• Paid Members

Big Timmeh vs Abe Wagner - Youtube

He looked like a fat slug as he was getting lit up by those shots. UFC return may have to wait! Wagner looks like a different guy to the one that was on TUF.

My goodness Timmieh looked rather out of shape there. He looks like the MMA version of Matt Hardy...

• Paid Members

just watched Titan Fighting Championships 16...not a great show by any means in terms of fights, but it was fun to watch and everyone loves an upset right??

I didn't watch the opening 3 bouts, i skipped to the 'business end of the card' as The Voice likes to put it:

Sylvia/Wagner - hahaha, holy fuck it happened again! Sylvia get KO'd in 30 seconds by a massive underdog. Crazy stuff, Sylvia's pre-fight talk about how hard he's training is clearly bollocks, nobody who trains hard would come in that much overweight. Sylvia once again went in and underestimates his opponent. Wagner came out aggressive and when put a few bombs on Timmy's chin and it was goodnight. Not really sure what the boo'ing was about, Sylvia dropped face first, then when he got up he would have fell down again if the ref wasn't holding him up. The ref did at one seem to signal to restart the fight which confused everyone i think... anyway's Tim's 4 fight win-streak goes down the shitter and Abe Wagner might have just bought a ticket into the UFC. It seems the bluepring on how to beat Tim Sylvia has been drawn proper now...just go after him early and throw heavy leather, if anyone lets Tim establish his jab and dictate the pace he usually wins, but if you go after him and hit him clean, he tends to fall over. Great stuff.

High/Bears - well, it was nothing fight. High scored an easy takedown, slapped on a guillotine and it was all she wrote. Not really sure why the UFC cut High after a single performance? guy seems to be legit.

Clementi/Derrow - i loved this! I like to watch Rich Clementi fight but he came in so arrogant here it was infuriating. He clearly had no respect for Derrow in anyways, kissing his gloves before throwing punches, winking at the girls sitting ringside it was pretty harsh on Derrow...add in in that Clementi dominated the first 2 rounds and it was seeming like a pointless mismatch. Round 3 is looking much the same, Clementi the aggressor without really ever getting close to finishing, then out of nowhere Derrow slaps on a triangle and chokes Clementi out cold! brilliant comeback, and this will probably be one of my favourite MMA moments of the year...mainly because Clementi got humbled by someone he should have taken out with ease. I don't think ive ever seen anyone happier after a win either than Derrow.

Clementi is kind of lost in MMA limbo now, hes assumed the role of journeyman and dropping fights he should win like this means he'll probably never get back to the big show...similar thing happened to him on a King of the Cage show i watched him in last year. Stupid.

McFedries/Tapusua - great performance by McFedries, it was kind of slow but it was methodical and brutal, he just picked Tapusua apart slowly and eventually broke him, the 3rd round was brutality, a stiff jab constantly battering Tapusua's face...he ended up with one of the worst cuts ive ever seen in MMA. Not overly exciting, but it was clinical.

good wee show, i didn't have time to watch the first 3 fights but the 4 i did see were all satisfying enough. I'll definately tune in for the March show with Phil Baroni.

• Paid Members

Yeah I can't believe Sylvia again :laugh: What the fuck's happened to him?

He was on about UFC or Strikeforce in the lead up to this fight too :laugh: He can forget that shit now. Shame really, I'm not a fan but he was actually starting to put a few wins together and started to look in a bit better shape at least. He's undone all that now.

Why the fuck did he come in so far out of shape this time? KFC must've had a special offer on, eat your own height in chicken or something? Timmy would be loving that.

• Paid Members

Dan Severn won a fight Saturday night at 52 :) he beat Scott Fraser by 2nd round arm triangle and won the Elite-1 HW Title. Severn's record is now 97-16-7.

He's already got another fight lined up against another UFC blast from the past Cal Worsham on a Gladiator Challenge card in Feb.

Still kicking arse and winning titles at 52.

A slight twist in the tale of the Josh Barnett licensing saga

CSAC exec. officer George Dodd told me Josh Barnett withdrew his license application, so it's off Feb. 4 agenda.

CSAC can't sanction, suspend, fine Barnett. Matter is tabled unless Barnett asks for license in state requiring resolution of Calif. issues.

Likeliest locations for Barnett/SF in U.S. w/o resolving Calif.: Georgia, Texas, Tennessee. Again, he would have to pass a drug test first.

Source - Bloody elbow

Archived