Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if the Fan Favourites sets are a) scrapping the barrell or b) pandering to ultra-nerds who do "un-boxing" on youtube.

The only thing marginally interesting on there might be Lugar vs. El Matador in a strength vs. speed match, and despite a Bret/HBK match, unless its some kind of massive hidden gem thats never been released before (highly unlikely) wouldn't warrant any kind of repeat viewing

• Paid Members
Is the Savage/Flair match on the Fan Faves set the title change that happened just before Bret took the belt from Flair?

No. It was taped in June 1992 and has a bullshit non-finish, IIRC. The only home release the title change features on is Year In Review 1992, which as we have discussed, will never be released on DVD.

The only thing marginally interesting on there might be Lugar vs. El Matador in a strength vs. speed match, and despite a Bret/HBK match, unless its some kind of massive hidden gem thats never been released before (highly unlikely) wouldn't warrant any kind of repeat viewing

The Bret/Michaels match is the same one featured on Invasion of the Bodyslammers and as an extra feature on the rivalry DVD. It's a good match apart from a bit of a disappointing finish. Sherri looks her slutty best. It's pipped however by the Hart/Fatu WWF title match. It's an OK tape. Perfect vs Taylor is decent. Undertaker/Bam Bam is notable for some cracking selling from Bigelow in the mold of "what do I have to do to beat this cunt." And you'll have a laugh at the Undertaker/Mountie match.

I had the 1995 one on video when I was a kid. The Owen/Neidhard Vs Bret/Bulldog match was very good.

It was decent enough. There are a couple of perplexing choices on that one. Luger/Tatanka is mind-numbingly boring, and there is ZERO suspension of disbelief in the Lawler/Undertaker casket match. Most of the decent matches come from TV, and the two best matches for me are the Kids matches with Owen from an episode of Action Zone, and a really good cat and mouse match with Yokozuna as Glads has illustrated.

I'd still get this if you can get it for a fiver.

WWE have just put up the release schedule for 2013 dvds/blurays

LINK

WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs 2012

Best of Raw & SmackDown 2012

The Best of Nitro Volume 2

Royal Rumble 2013

Bret Hart Unreleased Matches

Elimination Chamber 2013

Mick Foley Biography

The Best of In Your House

WrestleMania 29

Top 25 Rivalries

Extreme Rules 2013

Goldberg

TBD PPV

ECW Unreleased Vol. 2

Money In The Bank 2013

Best of MSG

Best of War Games

SummerSlam 2013

Top 20 Divas Countdown

Triple H Biography

Night of Champions 2013

Money In The Bank Anthology

Over the Limit 2013

History of WWE

Hell in a Cell 2013

Raw 20th Anniversary Box Set

Survivor Series 2013

Best WWE PPV's

It says it's subject to change and things happen but a few of these should be brilliant

Looking forward to Nitro Vol.2 (even if I've yet to get Vol.1 :laugh: ), Bret Unreleased (big Hitman mark), ECW Vol.2, War Games, Raw 20th Anniversary and History of WWE. Will definitely get all of these

Next tier down on the 'Might purchase if they're interesting/once they drop in price' are Foley, HHH, MSG, and possibly Goldberg.

Just seen this through Joey Styles' twitter account.

Intrigued by the Goldberg set, don't know what kind of relationship he has with WWE these days. Don't think it will be a Warrior-style hatchet job though.

War Games, Best of Nitro 2, ECW Unreleased 2 (listing pending), Best of MSG are the picks for me

Here's the list again with US release dates (subject to change)

WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs 2012 01/15/13

Best of Raw & SmackDown 2012 01/29/13

The Best of Nitro Volume 2 02/12/13

Royal Rumble 2013 02/26/13

Bret Hart Unreleased Matches 03/05/13

Elimination Chamber 2013 03/19/13

Mick Foley Biography 04/16/13

The Best of In Your House 04/30/13

WrestleMania 29 05/14/13

Top 25 Rivalries 05/28/13

Extreme Rules 2013 06/18/13

Goldberg 06/25/13

TBD PPV 07/16/13

ECW Unreleased Vol. 2 07/30/13

Money In The Bank 2013 08/13/13

Best of MSG 08/27/13

Best of War Games 09/10/13

SummerSlam 2013 09/17/13

Top 20 Divas Countdown 09/24/13

Triple H Biography 10/08/13

Night of Champions 2013 10/15/13

Money In The Bank Anthology 10/29/13

Over the Limit 2013 11/05/13

History of WWE 11/19/13

Hell in a Cell 2013 11/26/13

Raw 20th Anniversary Box Set 12/03/13

Survivor Series 2013 12/24/13

Best WWE PPV's 12/31

Well I better get saving now then! A possible 12 sets I'd like to see there and finally a Best of War Games!

The definites are Best of Raw & SmackDown 2012, The Best of Nitro Volume 2, The Best of In Your House, ECW Unreleased Vol. 2, Best of MSG, Best of War Games & History of WWE.

The possibles are Mick Foley Biography, Goldberg, Money In The Bank 2013 (if it's anything like this year's an last years, in my eyes both were in the top two or three for best PPV of their year), Money In The Bank Anthology & Raw 20th Anniversary Box Set.

Archived