Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
He put in a great performance against Leroy (IPW:UK) with a match which had many in the crowd wondering if what they seeing was real (the punching of a 'fan')

 

What? No.

 

I think having Shane, a guy who's wrestled about six matches in the voting period, this high, is fairly insane. How many votes did he get from his eight UKFF accounts?

 

I agree. I regret not voting as Shane was my first and only idea for a nominee on the shit list. His promo against Leroy Kincaide was not only amazingly racist but it earned real "we don't care, just shut the fuck up" heat. The match itself was fuill of overbooking like every big Alex Shane match I have seen. I was wondering if any members of the FWA associated schoold voted for him out of loyalty, tbh.

 

Fair play if you didn't like the angle/match as we are all entitled to our opinions but I was at that IPW show and the pop was huge when Leroy beat him?

 

Also I don't get why so many on this board criticized the promo as 'racist'. He was being a heel - and obviously the promo would have been discussed with both Andy and Leroy beforehand. The fans were booing him because what he was saying is so despicable. Plus all the smart fans know about Alex Shanes work in India and know he isn't racist. On top of that - you have so many people on here praising the work of RJ Singh who, in my opinion, essentially gets heat by coming out and waving around an Indian flag. His whole gimmick, along with the bhangra knights, is just feeding off peoples xenophobia. The guy is very talented and is a great cocky heel but the crux of his gimmick is, in my opinion, is getting a room full of fans (the vast majority of whom are white) to boo him because he is Indian. Plus, at the last two FWA Broxbourne shows i've heard people shouting borderline xenophobic/racist abuse at him because that's what his gimmick does - it brings out that side of people. So I think it's unfair to label Alex Shanes promo as racist (a promo, which essentially got a room full of people to boo him and dislike him for the way he talked about Leroy) when guys like RJ are praised for their crowd work when essentially their gimmick borderlines on encouraging peoples xenophobia.

Edited by nate
  • Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

It was pitched totally wrong though. I don't necessarily object to bringing race into a fued (although it's cheap as hell, you should be able to do something smarter than that if you have decent promo chops) it was just so, so wrong for that crowd. I certainly don't remember the fevered reactions to it you seem to be suggesting. I think people were uncomfortable, and the match was less heated as a result.

 

20 matches, eh? I wonder how many people on the list get through 20 great quality matches in a couple of weeks?

Posted

This list is always going to be skewed though as people are only voting for who they've seen. During the voting period all I've seen is FWA, FutureShock and GPW, so already I'm limited as to who I can vote for.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Best Flyweight around bar none, quite simply because he has it all.

 

But then you're forgetting Marty Scurll, Jonny Storm and SpUd. So you're quite simply wrong.

I'm not 'quite simply wrong' cuntchops, it's my opinion. To quote John Cucask in High Fidelity- "How can an opinion be bullshit?"

It could be if it's based on total bollocks. I don't believe that's the case here though. In fact Marty Scurll is one of my favourites in the UK, or indeed anywhere I think. Excellent worker, great look that he's clearly been putting a lot of effort into over the past year or so and above all else, wholely entertaining in and out of the ring. I wouldn't mind seeing him step into a WWE Raw ring for the 2nd time ;)

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
http://ipwuk.com/sittingbourne/merchandise.php

 

Time to broaden your horizons then :).

Hehe, awesome opportunity for a shill! ;)

 

And how Terry Frazier only made #23 is madness. His star is even brighter than it was last year and he is rapidly on his way to becoming the top guy in the country. I think we have another WWE-bound guy here is he keeps it up.

 

And Sha was also a lot lower than I'd peg him. Fantastic heel, absolutely intense. A top 10 candidate in my books. I guess the top 10 will almost consist of high flyers :(

Edited by fruitcorner
Posted
It was pitched totally wrong though. I don't necessarily object to bringing race into a fued (although it's cheap as hell, you should be able to do something smarter than that if you have decent promo chops).

ive seen you laugh like hell at quite few promo exchanges which contained anti-semtism!

Posted
And how Terry Frazier only made #23 is madness. His star is even brighter than it was last year and he is rapidly on his way to becoming the top guy in the country. I think we have another WWE-bound guy here is he keeps it up.

 

And Sha was also a lot lower than I'd peg him. Fantastic heel, absolutely intense. A top 10 candidate in my books. I guess the top 10 will almost consist of high flyers :(

 

I agree, I was suprised Terry Frazier was only 23. I thought he would have deffinatly been top 10. With the likes of Bubblegum and Spud going to be near the top spot - no disrespect to them, but Frazier is one of the best and believable wrestlers we have in the UK. He fights well in all matches against all size/style wrestlers.

Posted
It was pitched totally wrong though. I don't necessarily object to bringing race into a fued (although it's cheap as hell, you should be able to do something smarter than that if you have decent promo chops).

ive seen you laugh like hell at quite few promo exchanges which contained anti-semtism!

There's a massive difference between a gross out face promo in a comedy segment and a promo in a world title match designed to get heel heat. Plus, that proves my point - Shane's promo was very wrong for the context of that show.

Posted

The numbers are getting lower and still some great Scottish talent still to come.

Posted
http://ipwuk.com/sittingbourne/merchandise.php

 

Time to broaden your horizons then :).

Hehe, awesome opportunity for a shill! ;)

 

And how Terry Frazier only made #23 is madness. His star is even brighter than it was last year and he is rapidly on his way to becoming the top guy in the country. I think we have another WWE-bound guy here is he keeps it up.

 

And Sha was also a lot lower than I'd peg him. Fantastic heel, absolutely intense. A top 10 candidate in my books. I guess the top 10 will almost consist of high flyers :(

 

Kayfabe aside, I'm really looking forward to facing Terry later this month. Love his work with The Kartel.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I just heard a rumour that the police have had to follow up a complaint made against our own Benny for putting her son on The Shit List.

 

I shouldn't say who it is (nor should I have to really) but I will say his name rhymes with Smurf Braffiti.

Posted
I just heard a rumour that the police have had to follow up a complaint made against our own Benny for putting her son on The Shit List.

 

I shouldn't say who it is (nor should I have to really) but I will say his name rhymes with Smurf Braffiti.

 

Are you serious?

Posted (edited)

Victor%20Meldrew.jpg

 

I don't believe it!!!

 

I just don't believe it!!!!!

 

I just heard a rumour that the police have had to follow up a complaint made against our own Benny for putting her son on The Shit List.

 

I shouldn't say who it is (nor should I have to really) but I will say his name rhymes with Smurf Braffiti.

 

Yeah because that will make promoters want to book him. That's the worst thing he could have done for himself right there.

Edited by DannRead
Posted
I just heard a rumour that the police have had to follow up a complaint made against our own Benny for putting her son on The Shit List.

 

I shouldn't say who it is (nor should I have to really) but I will say his name rhymes with Smurf Braffiti.

 

victor_meldrew2.gif

 

Yeah because that will make promoters want to book him. That's the worst thing he could have done for himself right there.

 

I am sure it is just a rib, there is no way that is for real

×
×
  • Create New...