The 2010 UKFF UK50(+) - Results

Big Benny HG

Best Flyweight around bar none, quite simply because he has it all.

But then you're forgetting Marty Scurll, Jonny Storm and SpUd. So you're quite simply wrong.

All three of those are definitely brilliant, but I think your stance is a little too militant, and not very well argued.

I think RJ wrestles as well as all three of the above, has a fantastic gimmick that is perhaps beneath only Spud's, doesn't have a physique like Marty sadly, but works the mic better than nearly everybody in England.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to cement the fact that Maddogg Maxx should be nowhere near this shit list, was just trying to track down a match he had with Spud on youtube as proof but unfortunately couldn't find it. Am really surprised that he is on the list and personally think it's to do with vendetta's rather than any lack of ability.

Spud could have a good match with a couch to be fair.... and it doesnt matter what anyone thinks about Maxx now, he got the votes that put him into the shitlist. The 'be all end all' is that I doubt he takes this list seriously and niether should anyone else, its a group if fans exchanging opinions.

• Paid Members
Best Flyweight around bar none, quite simply because he has it all.

But then you're forgetting Marty Scurll, Jonny Storm and SpUd. So you're quite simply wrong.

I'm not 'quite simply wrong' cuntchops, it's my opinion. To quote John Cucask in High Fidelity- "How can an opinion be bullshit?"

I saw a Maddog Maxx vs Dan Ryder match once in AWW and thought it was really good, and that Maxx seemed to be a good old-school veteran heel. Imagine my surprise to learn he's only 26, when his gimmick and appearance would pitch him as being in his mid-40s!

I haven't seen any of his matches since about 2008 though, so he may well have become worse since.

Few surprises in shit list - couple of them mentioned so far esp Joey Starr I find quite good/enteraining wrestlers.

A few wrestlers still to come in top 50 list I think are worse than some mentioned in shit list

Edited by Dr.Fever

• Paid Members

No. 23 - Terry Frazier

Score: 144 points

Total 1st place rankings in 2010 votes: 0

2009 ranking: 17th

2008 ranking: 23rd

2007 ranking: 45th

2006 ranking: 17th

2005 ranking: 44th

terryv.jpg

Photo - Tony Knox

Who is he?

Scamp from East London who has previously been best known for being one half of The Kartel with Sha Samuels. In 2008-2009, Terry had been given the big singles push by IPW:UK, winning their year-long, 64-man British National Championship Tournament together with the (former FWA) All-England Title. While the story in IPW:UK has been the long-running, slow-burn breakdown of The Kartel, "The Mean Machine"'s singles exploits have taken him all over the country.....

Terry lost his British National/All-England Championship to Leroy Kincaide at IPW:UK's "Summer Sizzler 2009" last July in Sittingbourne, in a main event bout that also served as the final of a 4-man tournament to determine the contendership rankings for Alex Shane's IPW:UK Title..... His singles championship goals on hold, he returned to teaming with Sha Samuels for the "5th Anniversary Show" in September as The Kartel lost to The All Stars (Mikey Whiplash and Robbie Dynamite) in a UK tag team dream match, with the dissention between Terry and Sha obvious in costing them the win. The pair were on the same page later that night to save their Firm stablemate Martin Stone from a 3-man beatdown at the hands of Whiplash, Dynamite and Danny Garnell, setting up the trademark tag team elimination match at November's "Brawl at the Hall", the thrid consecutive year that The Kartel had featured in the bout. There, Frazier and Stone were the sole survivors as Garnell chose to walk out rather than face the odds, leading to more issues with the earlier disqualified (and eliminated) Sha..... Terry faced Whiplash again in February, this time in a great singles bout, but with no Sha on hand to even the score the interference of Dynamite led to Mikey having his hand raised..... All of this built neatly to the Kartel-All Stars rematch at the "2010 Sittingbourne Spectacular" on Easter Sunday, where, as you will know from Sha Samuels' write-up at #30, the team finally split with much, much bitterness..... Terry and Sha have since battled on both the June and August Sittingbourne shows, with plenty of mileage left in the scenario.....

Elsewhere, Yorkshire-based Pro Wrestling 101 used Terry as a singles star at the top end of their cards. He exchanged wins in a couple of excellent wrestling matches with Joey Hayes in September and November, and became involved in the promotion's main event situation with Martin Stone, Martin Kirby and Kris Travis. He then defeated Marty Scurll on the afternoon card of the ill-fated promotion's final event in March 2010..... In 1PW, Terry was part of an over-elaborate 10-man gauntlet-style match for the vacant Openweight Championship at the "4th Anniversary Show" in November, then took part in the 6-man tag team main event of the "Will NOt Cancel" event in Warsop.....

What did the UKFF think?

"An outstanding face, very popular and convincing athlete"

"He always stands out to me as having a great look, great wrestler, and he has a lot of intensity. During the recent 8-man tag main event at FWA, he was the guy who stood out to me in the early part of the match, and it was a shame he was taken out so quickly. Has had good matches against Joey Hayes and Marty Scrull this year, and I can't wait to see his brawl against Sha Samuels"

"I really like Frazier. He's an extremely competent wrestler and deserves to be booked more around the UK in my opinion, instead of just being mainly South-based"

"Overall top wrestler"

"I like him as part of the team, his fun to watch and easy to get behind but it's as the babyface in peril on his own that I think he shines. He shows so much fire and heart that you can see the kids willing and praying him on. I'm really looking forward to the feud with Sha"

"one half of a great tag team but he also makes a great underdog babyface on his own. Really like the IPW:UK feud between the two of them"

"I haven't seen him in a bad match this year"

"Great babyface in tag or singles. Nasty heel aswell but has awesome babyface fire"

"Feud against Samuels could be epic if they get the finishes right"

"Just a stand out talent. Really good matches against Joey Hayes and Marty Scrull, looks great, wrestlers just as good, and has an unmatched intensity as shown in his feud with the Agenda"

"Had an excellent match with Joey Hayes at a 101 show"

"Has to be considered one of the best babyface wrestlers in the country now. Awesome run as a team with Sha Samuels is seemingly, and very sadly, coming to an end in most places, the UK will be losing the best duo in years. Still, Terry has proven time and time again that he's one of the top line singles wrestlers in Britain, face or heel, by having red hot matches with anyone in any style. Impossible not to root for in person, no matter what he's doing. The sort of wrestler you want to see work"

"Had really good matches for Pro Wrestling 101. Deserves to be about more across the country"

• Paid Members

No. 22 - Alex Shane

Score: 145 points

Total 1st place rankings in 2010 votes: 1

2009 ranking: not listed

2008 ranking: not listed

2007 ranking: not listed

2006 ranking: 9th

2005 ranking: 4th

shaned.jpg

Who is he?

A return to in-ring action on a regular basis finds the former "Showstealer" return to the rankings of the UKFF UK50 after a 3-year absence, before which he was a double top-10 ranked performer..... Making in-ring appearances for XWA, FutureShock Wrestling, IPW:UK, NGW, 4FW and FWA, participating in an angle on 1PW's biggest show of the year and being one of the driving forces behind the new British Wrestling Council, Shane has returned to the fore in British wrestling.....

Babyface Shane's NGW feud with "Primadonna" Nathan Cruz, leading to Cruz becoming the new "Showstealer" by winning the rights to the name in their climatic battle, was fully described in Cruz's own write-up at #38.....

In August 2009, Alex Shane made a return appearance for FutureShock Wrestling, the Manchester promotion and training school he had founded, for their 5th year anniversary celebrations in Stockport. He opened the night by giving a speech about how proud he was of the place and how places like FSW were where to see the talent of tomorrow. He explained how he envisaged FSW fitting into the relaunched FWA, and unveiled the new high-spec video screens and entranceway for the promotion. He returned at the close of the night, while his protege Dave Rayne was giving his own anniversary speech, to personally congratulate and thank the man who had been looking after FSW for the last few years... only to shockingly and viciously attack him in a brilliant red hot angle. With the help of Stixx and Dave Brakes, Shane put a major beating on Rayne and left him hung by a chain to close the show, announcing the formation of the new heel group "The Hierarchy" which was set to take over FutureShock.....

Indeed, it was a heel Alex Shane who returned to defend his IPW:UK Title at that promotion's own "5th Anniversary Show" the following month against British National/All-England Champion Leroy Kincaide (babyface Shane had won the "Extreme Measures" tournament earlier in the year to earn a shot at champ Iestyn Rees, then won the belt in an Iron Fist match). A hated Shane was defeated by Kincaide in a silly match to form the Undisputed British Heavyweight Title, after which booker/ring announcer Andy Quildan immediately announced that Shane would never be seen in IPW:UK again..... Next up, an angle on 1PW's "4th Anniversary Show" in Doncaster revealed that General Manager Adam Curtis, in the middle of his feud with Lionheart, had sold his shares in 1PW to a mystery investor. The lights went down, came back up, and Alex Shane was revealed as the new owner in his first and last 1PW appearance, taking out Lionheart.....

Back over in FutureShock, and Shane returned with The Hierarchy at "FutureShock 40" to embarrass up-and-comer Danny Sensation in a bodyslam challenge, only to be run off by FSW Champion Sam Bailey. Bailey issued a challenge to any member of The Hierarchy, promising to put his belt on the line. Later that night, Dave Brakes came out to apparently answer the call, but was defeated by Bailey in quick order. Shane, however, then revealed that it was in fact HIMSELF that had accepted Sam's championship invitation, and went straight into the immediate title bout. A ridiculously heated bout, with the entire FSW roster out to cheer Sam on, was a brilliant piece of epic drama, ending with Shane pinning Bailey to end 2009 as the FSW Champion..... At FS42 in January, Shane easily beat Danny Sensation to retain the belt, and returned after the main event to carry out another beating, this time of new rising babyface sensation Raynaldo. Raynaldo had won the 2009 FutureShock Trophy to earn a guaranteed title shot against Shane in 2010, and had just pinned Shane's buddy Stixx in the 6-man tag team main event of that very evening. After beating Jimmy O'Shea of the tag team "100% Proof" at FS43 in March, the title bout with Raynaldo was scheduled for the next show.....

Before that, however, Shane turned up in XWA in April a very similar manner to how he had done in FSW the August before. Talking about the BWC and praising the XWA training school, Shane teamed with student Jynx to beat (Rockstar Spud's entourage) Blond Jovi in a tag bout. Again like FSW, though, Shane returned later that night just moments after Johnny Phere's long-awaited XWA Heavyweight Title win over Spud to congratulate the Morecambe hero on his big championship win. Newly heel XWA owner (and Phere nemesis) Greg "The Truth" Lambert emerged, however, and announced an immediate title defence against his new associate...Alex Shane. Shane attacked, bloodied and beat-up Phere before pinning him to take the belt and become a double champion. Shane and Lambert then announced their group as "The Authority"..... Promotional lines were blurred when Phere then invaded FutureShock's FS44 in May, looking for revenge on Shane. The champion now known as "The Ascension" intentionally got himself disqualified in his scheduled defence against Raynaldo, and then booted female wrestler Swedish Tigress in the face before Phere ran out for the confrontation to save.....

Since the end of the 2010 UKFF UK50 period, Shane and his group of disciples/acolytes has attempted to sacrifice Johnny Phere in XWA, beat Raynaldo in FSW thanks to outside interference, then finally lost his FSW belt to Ray in a third and final singles title match when previous sins came back to haunt and Phere and Dave Rayne came back for revenge.....

What did the UKFF think?

"Despite a decreased workload (Or perhaps because of it) Alex Shane is, for me, at his best wrestling-wise right now. From his loss of the Showstealer name at NGW to Nathan Cruz to his genuinely creepy performance as the Ascension Alex feels like someone worth watching again"

"His work in FSW has impressed me and the main event of FWA "Art of War" heightened by his involvement"

"He put in a great performance against Leroy (IPW:UK) with a match which had many in the crowd wondering if what they seeing was real (the punching of a 'fan'). He put over Nathan Cruz by letting the guy beat him for the Showstealer name and he particpated in the entertaining "Art Of War" main event"

"Better comeback to British Wrestling this year then Marshall Mathers did to Hip Hop..."

"Looks like how a wrestler should look, uses his brain and makes money whilst doing so"

"Better this year than any previous year when he

He put in a great performance against Leroy (IPW:UK) with a match which had many in the crowd wondering if what they seeing was real (the punching of a 'fan')

What? No.

I think having Shane, a guy who's wrestled about six matches in the voting period, this high, is fairly insane. How many votes did he get from his eight UKFF accounts?

Edited by alexander

He put in a great performance against Leroy (IPW:UK) with a match which had many in the crowd wondering if what they seeing was real (the punching of a 'fan')

What? No.

I think having Shane, a guy who's wrestled about six matches in the voting period, this high, is fairly insane. How many votes did he get from his eight UKFF accounts?

I agree. I regret not voting as Shane was my first and only idea for a nominee on the shit list. His promo against Leroy Kincaide was not only amazingly racist but it earned real "we don't care, just shut the fuck up" heat. The match itself was fuill of overbooking like every big Alex Shane match I have seen. I was wondering if any members of the FWA associated schoold voted for him out of loyalty, tbh.