Good Cover Songs

seasider

Created this thread for people to share good cover songs. I shall start:

Nada Surf - Enjoy The Silence (Depeche Mode Cover)

There has been plenty of cover's of this song, however this is definitely my favourite, slightly faster but great.

The original is a GEM of a song, and this cover is NEARLY as good. Cee-Lo Green (He of Gnarls Barkley fame) has a soaring voice, and it shows in the song. The video is also very good which is nice.

Over to you....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Yes, this thread has been covered many times.

Covers can be good though

True. Bit soppy, but I always like Unchained Melody by the Rightous Brothers

• Paid Members

In almost every way Krazy is an absolute nutter, but he does occasionally surprise you with a genuine chuckle.

• Paid Members

In almost every way Krazy is an absolute nutter, but he does occasionally surprise you with a genuine chuckle.

I was about to nominate it for post of the month but I couldn't really be arsed. Still, great work, good job.

• Paid Members

I like lots of covers, especially if they are in a different style to the original. Not that I don't like the originals or sometimes prefer them to the covers, but there are lots I like.

Here are the ones I like off the top of my head (original artist in brackets) :

Fenix Tx "Another Girl Another Planet" (The Only Ones)

Lacuna Coil "Enjoy The Silence" (Depeche Mode)

Marilyn Manson "Personal Jesus" (Depeche Mode)

Alien Ant Farm "Smooth Criminal" (Michael Jackson)

Wheatus "A Little Respect" (Erasure)

You Me At Six "Poker Face" (Lady Gaga)

Joyrider "Rush Hour" (Jane Wiedlin)

Placebo "Running Up That Hill" (Kate Bush) although that may be because of.. well, you know.

I'm sure there's more, but I omit them out of not remembering them, or fear they will bring me ridicule.

• Moderators

I can't find a video of this on YouTube that isn't live, unfortunately, but it's a quality rendition of Bruce Cockburn's original.

Goin' Blind - Melvins I like Kiss, but I like this more. Fine Version.

I'll have to hand in some of my pubes, but fuck you, I like it. It's on my "Bedtime CD".

Proud Mary - Tom Jones If you don't like this, you are a fucking cunt with no soul who deserves to become gravely fucking ill, in my book. Seriously thought, it's probably my favourite cover song ever. Such Energy, and so fucking fun. And his voice complements perfectly. Proud Mary is just an awesome song, I'd say. The Covers by Elvis, and Tina and King Ike were also fucking supreme.

Archived